The Legend - Differences in same patches - vst vs RE

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
tanni

31 Mar 2023

BS Bass Driver Unison.zip
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Hello,
I have the RE and the vst from Synapse - The Legend.
I have a vst patch saved as a RE patch (repatch format) with the vst plugin. So mostly patches are sound the same with this procedure in past. Only the level ist different.
But now I have a patch, thats sounds very different. The vst patch have much more punch and sounds better this way.. Maybe someone could affirm this ?
Than I would send this to synapse support. both patches are enclosed in the zip file.
thanks.

tanni

31 Mar 2023

maybe I found the cause. On the backside of the vst are three phase parameters of the Oscillator section. If I initialize the three knobs to zero than the patch sounds the same. But there are no such parameters on the RE. So, there are differences between the RE and the vst ? Or does I overlook something ?

Turatillad1964

09 Aug 2023

If you're perceiving a noticeable difference in sound between the RE patch and the VST patch, it's possible that there are inherent differences between the two formats or that certain features or nuances of the VST version are not fully captured or translated in the RE format.

house of hazards

tanni

09 Aug 2023

Turatillad1964 wrote:
09 Aug 2023
If you're perceiving a noticeable difference in sound between the RE patch and the VST patch, it's possible that there are inherent differences between the two formats or that certain features or nuances of the VST version are not fully captured or translated in the RE format.

house of hazards
Yes, synapse audio has meanwhile also confirmed this to me with the phase parameter. This will not be implemented in the RE in the future, so unfortunately the vst plugin can do more and sound different. Too bad for the RE format. I think it's slowly dying out as people will be more likely to rely on vst in the future. :puf_unhappy:

• Information