Psy trance

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
demt

26 Nov 2022

Could do with a load of psytrance presets ,free,as there never quite what I'm listening for!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Jagwah

26 Nov 2022

demt wrote:
26 Nov 2022
Could do with a load of psytrance presets ,free,as there never quite what I'm listening for!
If you follow a few YouTube tutorials on things like psy trance bass, psy trance squelch, you might find the fundamentals like those quite simple once you understand them and can actually be quite fun to put your own Twist on. Maybe also psy trance lead and psy trance sound effects.

After that the rest would be like making a normal track, I just hope you put a decent amount of melody in there as there is a lot of psy trance out there that focuses on the precision of the kick and bass and on top of that just add squelches and sound effects which is not actually music in my opinion 👍

Jagwah

27 Nov 2022

Rob Papen's Predator RE has three folders of psy and trance stuff, not sure about free or refills etc though.

demt

27 Nov 2022

Serum is selling a Psy refill ,but I'm not sure..
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

27 Nov 2022

hear scince reason 2.5

Jagwah

28 Nov 2022

demt wrote:
27 Nov 2022
See if you can find a video of those serum patches, serum is a great monster of a synth but unless you are going for cutting edge modern dubstep type wild sounds you really don't need to go much further than Europa. I wasn't kidding about the psytrance fundamentals being quite easy and really fun to play around with, but if it is patches you need I would suggest finding a video on the serum ones rather than just buying it and then maybe regretting it. There must be other psytrance refills and things around.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2022

Europa is a power house for psychedelic sounds.
It's pretty easy to create a good psy bass, squelches, format vowles, stabs and to contain everything within the patches using Europa's on board effects.

I know you're looking for presets, but I feel like it's a bit better to learn through watching YouTube videos.

I recommend channels such as Dash Glitch, E-Clip, Ryanasauraous and Ollie Music. None of them use Reason/Europa but all the ideas can easily be transferred.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jagwah

29 Nov 2022

deeplink wrote:
28 Nov 2022
Europa is a power house for psychedelic sounds.
As time goes on I appreciate Europa more and more!

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2022

Thor has some super goa default presets in Reason sounds, they added those I think starting from Rs 10??
There wasn't before (Rs 9 I'm sure there were not) and it takes quite a time to get through all of those presets-patches.
I use some of them quite often as building blocks for new sets-performance.
There's one 303 Thor that is simply amazing, zero CPU, can run on a core duo laptop from 20ys ago without problems....

• Information