ReasonTalk "Datafile" sample library?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
joeyluck

14 Sep 2022

I was just thinking that it could be fun if the ReasonTalk community created something inspired by the Time+Space/Zero-G Datafile sample libraries from the early 90's.

Those samples were used in so many things. However, it's my understanding that many of those samples were never cleared, which might be why those libraries are no longer available for sale along with the other classic libraries?

Anyways, I was thinking we could maybe make a legit, inspired-by library, where we create the samples. We have so many plugins at our disposal now, so if you want to create something new and make it sound like it was sampled from vinyl, cassette, radio, or a video game and recorded onto an older sampler, that can be done. Plugins like RX950, Needle, PCM2612, Futzbox, Phonetic, etc. could come in very handy.

Lookup the Zero-G Datafile libraries for inspiration. Included would be things like one-shots (vocals, fx, drums) and phrases/loops.

Just throwing the idea out there to see what people think and if you think this would be fun :-)

Datafile 1.jpg
Datafile 1.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Loque

14 Sep 2022

Do you mean sounds of different categories in different styles, like bass guitar on vinyl? Our more close to the original library which I don't know btw?
Reason12, Win10

• Information