Is CombinatorHQ coming back?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
rokiracune
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 08 Nov 2021

Does anyone know?

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9540
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 08 Nov 2021

Wat?
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3256
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 08 Nov 2021

Yeah, what is CombinatorHQ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 714
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 08 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
08 Nov 2021
Yeah, what is CombinatorHQ?
Lizard's old site where he hosted combinators and patches made by the community, it was a great resource.

edit - you can message Lizard and ask him.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5363

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 08 Nov 2021

I remember collecting stuff from CombinatorHQ a long time ago. All that I have can be downloaded a Dropbox link here:


My Combinator HQ Archive
Last edited by StephenHutchinson on 10 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3256
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 09 Nov 2021

Thanks for sharing those.

There was a thread a while back with some mentioning of the idea/possibility of RS hosting some kind of community-created Combinator archive (via Companion). viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524960

I think that would be great. Probably the closest thing to something like CombinatorHQ coming back. RT also has a Combi2 subforum, which will (hopefully) continue to grow. viewforum.php?f=69
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.
Image
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 09 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
09 Nov 2021
Thanks for sharing those.

There was a thread a while back with some mentioning of the idea/possibility of RS hosting some kind of community-created Combinator archive (via Companion). viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7524960

I think that would be great. Probably the closest thing to something like CombinatorHQ coming back. RT also has a Combi2 subforum, which will (hopefully) continue to grow. viewforum.php?f=69
You're most welcome. I wish I had saved more stuff from CombinatorHQ way back in the day, but I think I downloaded the best of the best, if I remember correctly.

That would be great if some kind of Combinator archive could be created and hosted. I don't think it would take up a lot of resources, although maybe a lot of time could be spent curating such a thing perhaps.

I've bookmarked the Combi2 forum and try to visit it weekly to see what's happening, and I've already created a local "ReasonTalk Downloads" folder to house most of what's there already.
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9302
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Nov 2021

I prefer the forum approach.

I like hearing more about the patches. I feel like designers deserve to be heard, deserve the conversation, and should have the ability to manage their Combi patches, whether removing them and/or updating them.

I think organizing a ReFill with designers who want to participate would be a great thing. But archives I feel just result in willy nilly downloads and lack the interaction.

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 09 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
09 Nov 2021
I prefer the forum approach.

I like hearing more about the patches. I feel like designers deserve to be heard, deserve the conversation, and should have the ability to manage their Combi patches, whether removing them and/or updating them.

I think organizing a ReFill with designers who want to participate would be a great thing. But archives I feel just result in willy nilly downloads and lack the interaction.
I absolutely agree. This would be the ideal solution for sure. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

User avatar
artmessiah
Posts: 53
Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Location: Virginia Beach

Post 10 Nov 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
08 Nov 2021
I remember collecting stuff from CombinatorHQ a long time ago. All that I have can be downloaded a Dropbox link here:


My Combinator HQ Archive
Thanks for posting these. I found a couple of patches I made years ago but had lost after the original CombinatorHQ went away. The Mighty AKU - Samurai Jack patch was a patch I made I had forgotten about. So glad you downloaded it and I was able to add it back to my collection. :D

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 10 Nov 2021

artmessiah wrote:
10 Nov 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
08 Nov 2021
I remember collecting stuff from CombinatorHQ a long time ago. All that I have can be downloaded a Dropbox link here:


My Combinator HQ Archive
Thanks for posting these. I found a couple of patches I made years ago but had lost after the original CombinatorHQ went away. The Mighty AKU - Samurai Jack patch was a patch I made I had forgotten about. So glad you downloaded it and I was able to add it back to my collection. :D
Oh wow, I'm so glad to hear this! That is just too cool! :puf_smile: I have a sneaking suspicion that I have more patches from CombinatorHQ somewhere, and I'm going to search every drive I have to see if there is a wider selection of stuff to be found.

EDIT: While looking around for more CombinatorHQ patches, I came across my ReasonStation archive of stuff with over 1,200 files including combis, Dr. Rex, Malstrom, RNS & RPS, RV7000, Scream4, Subtractor, and Thor patches. I looked online to see if ReasonStation is still going but apparently it isn't so if anyone is interested, they can download the above mentioned files here:


My Reason Station Archive
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests