More effect patches with built-in effects?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
cakehead

27 Oct 2021

Hi there,

I often browse for the stock effect patches ("ALL Effect Patches") on my channel inserts, for one-click inspiration on a dull synth or drum track. The multi-effects or rhythmic ones are most fun, other times I'm just diving straight for a certain bass compression effect patch.

I am curious to know if there are more effect patches that uses built-in effects to buy or download elsewhere? It seems that the Prop shop only deals with instrument patches, or effect patches to 3rd party stuff.

Been on the bus since V2.5, but just joined here.

Have a nice day!

Ottostrom

27 Oct 2021

Oh boy do I have the perfect recommendation for you!
Check out these meticulously crafted combinator FX packs by Chaos FX: https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

I'm a big advocate of these cause I've gotten a lot o milage out of them already :)
They're really great for that type of scenario where you just want to throw something on a boring sound to spice it up.
Also, welcome to the forum!

chaosroyale

29 Oct 2021

Just seconding Ottostrom's (very kind) comment about my FX - everything in that series works with completely stock Reason 10, most of the effects even work on stock Reason 8 or 9, but I choose my sound balance and parameters very carefully to be useful and intuitive, inspired by boutique guitar pedals. Please have a look at the page, there are a few sound demos.

https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

cakehead wrote:
27 Oct 2021
Hi there,

I often browse for the stock effect patches ("ALL Effect Patches") on my channel inserts, for one-click inspiration on a dull synth or drum track. The multi-effects or rhythmic ones are most fun, other times I'm just diving straight for a certain bass compression effect patch.

I am curious to know if there are more effect patches that uses built-in effects to buy or download elsewhere? It seems that the Prop shop only deals with instrument patches, or effect patches to 3rd party stuff.

Been on the bus since V2.5, but just joined here.

Have a nice day!

chaosroyale

29 Oct 2021

You're very kind, thanks for recommending my stuff.

By the way, I know that my effects are crying out for a combinator 2 makeover, especially because of the whole guitar-pedal aesthetic, but for the moment I am rather concerned about the stability and overall direction of R12, and do not think I want to venture into that swamp until a few things have been sorted out. (If nothing else, I hate the new rack layout with all the thick non-aligned borders!)
Ottostrom wrote:
27 Oct 2021
Oh boy do I have the perfect recommendation for you!
Check out these meticulously crafted combinator FX packs by Chaos FX: https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

I'm a big advocate of these cause I've gotten a lot o milage out of them already :)
They're really great for that type of scenario where you just want to throw something on a boring sound to spice it up.
Also, welcome to the forum!

Ottostrom

29 Oct 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
29 Oct 2021
You're very kind, thanks for recommending my stuff.

By the way, I know that my effects are crying out for a combinator 2 makeover, especially because of the whole guitar-pedal aesthetic, but for the moment I am rather concerned about the stability and overall direction of R12, and do not think I want to venture into that swamp until a few things have been sorted out. (If nothing else, I hate the new rack layout with all the thick non-aligned borders!)
No sweat, I think they're fine the way they are :)
I've already gone through and replaced all mod-wheel controls (except for the wah filter ones) to a normal rotary which removed the only complaint I had with having to create an extra automation lane.

• Information