Reason Drum Takes vol. 1-7 gone from the Shop.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6142
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

More stuff removed from the Shop.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1852
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

It's all gonna be repackaged as an incentive to subscribe to R+.

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021
It's all gonna be repackaged as an incentive to subscribe to R+.

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
Yes you can.

James has said that the content packs are yours to keep even if you decide subscription is not for you.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Take a read of this :- viewtopic.php?p=542042#p542042
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 Feb 2021
More stuff removed from the Shop.
Isn't that what was used to populate the reason drum kit?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... -drum-kits
IMG_2521.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6142
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
21 Feb 2021
More stuff removed from the Shop.
Isn't that what was used to populate the reason drum kit?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... -drum-kits

IMG_2521.JPG
Don’t think so. Takes came long after the RDK refill.
They’re live recordings in parts which you can paste together as you wish.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Oh right
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8099
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

More specifically, they were "Record Drum Takes" that came out along with Record. They were a decade old. Other ReFills were removed a bit ago as well. The only Reason Studios ReFills that remain are Disco School and Soul School 1&2 and the RV7000 MkII ReFill.

Discontinuing products is something every company does. What Reason Studios could do is have a discontinued page like other companies.

iZotope legacy products
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dow ... ducts.html

Native Instruments discontinued products
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ducts.164/

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

It would be nice to see the disco refill available for purchase with the reward points, I might actually get some use out of them "reward points that is".
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8099
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
It would be nice to see the disco refill available for purchase with the reward points, I might actually get some use out of them "reward points that is".
It's a great ReFill :thumbup:

I would assume it has stuck around because it was one of the better selling of the ReFills. Soul School is also great. I only have 1.5, which was a cool little update that includes the "Soul School Keys" ReFill (extra patches for Abbey Road Keys, ElectroMechanical, Rad Piano, Rad Keys).

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Yeah it's a shame that it's never been on sale or offered on he rewards page! Hint hint James ;)
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8099
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Yeah it's a shame that it's never been on sale or offered on he rewards page! Hint hint James ;)
I'm pretty sure I got it when it was on sale. They all typically go on sale during the big sales. That's when I grabbed those, along with the Jason McGerr and Pascal Gabriel ReFills.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1583
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Feb 2021

Well I must have missed it.......
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post Today

diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021
It's all gonna be repackaged as an incentive to subscribe to R+.

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
The packs have their own folder which you can copy out to another drive or another copy of Reason on another computer. Click on the packs icon to show all the packs, then at the top of the browser window, click the UP arrow and you'll see the pack folder there. Right click on the folder and then choose "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer." Voila... you have access to all patches, combis, samples, audio files and reason songs contained therein. Hope that helps.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6142
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post Today

StephenHutchinson wrote:
Today
diminished wrote:
21 Feb 2021
It's all gonna be repackaged as an incentive to subscribe to R+.

This has probably been answered multiple times by now, but what I'd like to know about the "new" ( :D ) sound packs... are you able to keep them when you end your subscription?
The packs have their own folder which you can copy out to another drive or another copy of Reason on another computer. Click on the packs icon to show all the packs, then at the top of the browser window, click the UP arrow and you'll see the pack folder there. Right click on the folder and then choose "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer." Voila... you have access to all patches, combis, samples, audio files and reason songs contained therein. Hope that helps.
If you were being very cynical you could wait a while before trying R+ until they’ve added a whole load more soundpacks. Just saying.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 19
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post Today

MrFigg wrote:
Today
StephenHutchinson wrote:
Today


The packs have their own folder which you can copy out to another drive or another copy of Reason on another computer. Click on the packs icon to show all the packs, then at the top of the browser window, click the UP arrow and you'll see the pack folder there. Right click on the folder and then choose "Show in Finder/Show in Explorer." Voila... you have access to all patches, combis, samples, audio files and reason songs contained therein. Hope that helps.
If you were being very cynical you could wait a while before trying R+ until they’ve added a whole load more soundpacks. Just saying.
Very true indeed, sir. :P I have downloaded 85 of them so far, and I'm sure there's more to come. I've opted (caved more like it) to doing the annual subscription of Reason+. In general I'm not a fan of subscriptions (although I have the Adobe Photography bundle for my other work as a photographer)... but I digress. I have had several (4) RE's I was paying the monthly rent to own on, and I figured that as I just got them, doing the $99 first year deal it would cover all of those and more. I also was trialing (is that a word) Algoritm and now I have that added into the mix along with Processed Pianos, Radical Keys and Complex-1 - all of which I'd have to pay for separately. I'm also happy that if I decide to forgo all of this, my Reason 11 perpetual is still possible. I am amazed that Reason+ runs on my 12 year old MacBook Pro 17" without any hiccups. So far I'm happy with Reason+ on 2 Macs and a PC... let's see what happens next. :puf_smile:

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3041
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post Today

I think I remember someone from RS saying there's nothing stopping you from sharing your sound packs with friends...I wonder how they would feel if, after, say, 6 months of releases, someone demoed R+, then shared all the packs in a thread here. then every 6 months, they subscribed for a month to get the new packs, shared those in the thread, then canceled their subscription. hundreds of people could benefit from all that content for a total cost of $40 a year.

obviously not a particularly ethical thing to do, but it seems like there's a loophole there, even with the "we mean to make the content so good you'll feel its worthwhile to keep subscribing" approach they're taking (which is a great attitude, I have to admit).

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests