question for abbey roads keyboards refill who has it ?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
iamthor4

02 Dec 2020

and are you willing to sell or trade or give me it for christmas ? 😂

Loque

02 Dec 2020

It's probably bought on Propellerheads site and than it might not be transferable. If not, you need to check if the seller allows re-selling or gifting (and i doubt it is not allowed).

Your best chance is to check this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=7500846

And you can kindly ask RS to give you the refill for xmas, but i think they do not sell it anymore for a reason which might be licensing stuff...
Reason12, Win10

Dabbler

02 Dec 2020

or you could collaborate with an owner. :)

iamthor4

02 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2020
It's probably bought on Propellerheads site and than it might not be transferable. If not, you need to check if the seller allows re-selling or gifting (and i doubt it is not allowed).

Your best chance is to check this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=7500846

And you can kindly ask RS to give you the refill for xmas, but i think they do not sell it anymore for a reason which might be licensing stuff...
i know its a licence transfer because i had it before
and sold it i remember my brother had a copy without a seial that he gave me and thier advice was use it if you owned it but i would like it in my account
yeah its licensing stuff loque my old mate
or im
sure they would be rinsing it fot a hundres
dollars if not cheers bud

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2020

I think I have the CDs, but you have to manually register it at RS IIRC. So no need to do a license transfer I believe if you find someone selling an unregistered CD copy.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

iamthor4

02 Dec 2020

Boombastix wrote:
02 Dec 2020
I think I have the CDs, but you have to manually register it at RS IIRC. So no need to do a license transfer I believe if you find someone selling an unregistered CD copy.
gonna be hard though im an idiot i boughy one before cheap £10 unregistered but sold it licence transfer doubt anyone will part with one now tbh

MannequinRaces

02 Dec 2020

Own it. Not willing to sell it. Sorry, lol.

joeyluck

02 Dec 2020

Yeah I own it as well. It is my favorite ReFill and I will never part with it.

I would point you to Cinesamples Abbey Road Upright Pianos, but they too stopped selling theirs. But perhaps someone else will create a library from these pianos next?

iamthor4

02 Dec 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
02 Dec 2020
Own it. Not willing to sell it. Sorry, lol.
thanks pal 😂

iamthor4

02 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
02 Dec 2020
Yeah I own it as well. It is my favorite ReFill and I will never part with it.

I would point you to Cinesamples Abbey Road Upright Pianos, but they too stopped selling theirs. But perhaps someone else will create a library from these pianos next?
im after the refill dont use vst but thanks

joeyluck

02 Dec 2020

I always was hoping propellerhead/Reason Studios could renew the licensing at some point because I recommend the ReFill so often.

The arrangement with the samples and the Abbey Road name seems a complex one. I had a discussion with Cinesamples, asking just out of curiosity, since they (like 'propellerhead') had already recorded the samples, if they could make an arrangement with another company who was willing to pay the licensing... and they said, "The contract is not just for the name, it's for the samples that we recorded of their equipment in their space. We are not able to use these samples for another product, and they are exclusive to us, so we will not be able to license them for any other use." That still wasn't very clear to me, but sounded like if someone wanted to make a library of those pianos, they would have to start from scratch regardless...

• Information