Reason 20th Anniversary Community ReFill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
supersplaron
Reason Studios
Posts: 121
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 Nov 2020

Hi gang! For Reason's 20th we're putting together a very special ReFill with YOUR patches in it. We will be sharing this in a Anniversay Digital Goodie Bag very very soon. It would be AWESOME if we could get some of your favorite custom patches to include in this ReFill! What do you say? Up for being a part of Reason history? :)

Check out this video:



Submit your patches here:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/wRQskcel0Il71DdH720i

So, a few rules: don't submit Reason files. Only upload device patches or combinators. Any Reason Studios device is fair game (doesn't need to be only Reason 1 devices).
Deadline for submission is : ASAP or Nov 13.

Questions? Thoughts? Let me know! :)

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 8008
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 Nov 2020

Cool idea. I am in!

What about free RE? I use Lolth, Miranda, CVA7, Janitor, ... a lot. Its ok to leave them out, just need to know.

Oh, and naming rules? Like "DR - My Super Kickdrum - LQ"?
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
supersplaron
Reason Studios
Posts: 121
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 Nov 2020

Loque wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Cool idea. I am in!

What about free RE? I use Lolth, Miranda, CVA7, Janitor, ... a lot. Its ok to leave them out, just need to know.

Oh, and naming rules? Like "DR - My Super Kickdrum - LQ"?
Only Reason Studios devices.

Name your patches how you want to :)

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Nov 2020

20 years ! Where did the time fly by to? Anything made by reason studios? Including reason studios racks? or just the core devices in 11 ?

User avatar
supersplaron
Reason Studios
Posts: 121
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 Nov 2020

Anything made by Reason Studios.

deeplink
Posts: 120
Joined: 08 Jul 2020
Location: Dubai

Post 11 Nov 2020

Can effects be included or is it only instrument devices.. e.g multieffect combinators

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Does anyone know what happened to episode 29? The live stream doesn't seem to be available?

:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
supersplaron
Reason Studios
Posts: 121
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 Nov 2020

deeplink wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Can effects be included or is it only instrument devices.. e.g multieffect combinators
Of course! Any Reason Studios device. :)

User avatar
supersplaron
Reason Studios
Posts: 121
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Stockholm

Post 11 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Does anyone know what happened to episode 29? The live stream doesn't seem to be available?

For some Reason (HÄHÄ) the video is still processing after the stream. I'll check in with Ryan when he wakes up and I'm sure it will be available later today.

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Thanks,

Did you get to the bottom of spiders? Can we use them for the 1.0 challenge? Or are you going to make me open my v1 box and check the manual :o

Also I think Ryan should really have been routing the mixer directly into the hardware interface ;)

And can we create samples for use in the nn / rex
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 8008
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Does anyone know what happened to episode 29? The live stream doesn't seem to be available?

Copyright Mafia!
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Can't find spider cv or audio mergers on the Reason Version 1 box!
IMG_2263.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Just checked my V2 box & manual and they're not in that either
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 413
Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

Post 11 Nov 2020

"Released in 2003, Version 2.5 added new effects devices such as the RV7000 Advanced Reverb, BV512 Digital Vocoder, and Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit. Three smaller devices, the UN16 Unison, and Spider Audio router and Spider CV router added to the 1/2 rack-sized units. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason_(s ... Reason_2.5

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Oh boy, well keeping it super real I've put my Reason 1 Refill CD into a windows laptop and pulled the V1 Refill onto a USB stick, unfortunately I can't get the installer to work on windows 7 but at least I've got the actual refill. Also found the old samples from dub & elab might have to try a DnB track and obviously a house track as it was all the rage back then,

Oh and the refill creation date was 22 November 2000.
However the Installer says 18 May 2001 and the file version is 2.11.15.0 with a product version of 1.01.000

So maybe I'm not a V1 user after all.......?
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Anyone still got this CD?
IMG_2264.JPG
I've still got my original recipe from a shop, and I had completely forgotten about the sample CD that shipped with HTML sites on them because the Internet was barely functional back then, well in non city's in England :lol:
95kbps dialup modems. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

scotward57
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Jul 2019

Post 11 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Thanks,

Did you get to the bottom of spiders? Can we use them for the 1.0 challenge? Or are you going to make me open my v1 box and check the manual :o

Also I think Ryan should really have been routing the mixer directly into the hardware interface ;)

And can we create samples for use in the nn / rex
Spiders didn't come out until V2.5

You'll have to forget about CV merging and splitting. But you can use a 14:2 mixer to do audio splits and merging.

scotward57
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Jul 2019

Post 11 Nov 2020

The sequencer in Reason 1.0 was the best sequencer ever! While it didn't have the bells and whistles of later versions, it had the essential stuff and forced you keep focused on the music. None of that Tempo/Time Signature change stuff, which nobody uses anyway. And you didn't sit there and worry about what color to make your tracks. Good Stuff!!

scotward57
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Jul 2019

Post 11 Nov 2020


User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

Quoted from the link above

Conclusion

Propellerhead made an excellent start with Recycle and Rebirth, but Reason is bound to gain them a whole lot more fans and confirms their status in the big league of software developers. It would be impossible to be too positive about this package, which must be destined to sell in bucketloads, offering, as it does, such an amazing range of facilities, implemented in such a refined, user–friendly way, at less than the price of some single effect plug-ins. Surely it shouldn't be this cheap, easy, convenient and enjoyable to produce fantastic-sounding tracks?

And yet it's taken 20 years for some people to catch up ;)
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1043
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 11 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Nov 2020
And yet it's taken 20 years for some people to catch up ;)
+1 :thumbs_up:

Many people fail to realize the value, of a great many things. So, I'm not surprised at all. :puf_smile:
R11 Suite

scotward57
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Jul 2019

Post 11 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Quoted from the link above

Conclusion

Propellerhead made an excellent start with Recycle and Rebirth, but Reason is bound to gain them a whole lot more fans and confirms their status in the big league of software developers. It would be impossible to be too positive about this package, which must be destined to sell in bucketloads, offering, as it does, such an amazing range of facilities, implemented in such a refined, user–friendly way, at less than the price of some single effect plug-ins. Surely it shouldn't be this cheap, easy, convenient and enjoyable to produce fantastic-sounding tracks?

And yet it's taken 20 years for some people to catch up ;)
People who were around and bought Reason 1.0 appreciate what a breakthrough release it was at the time. Back then, in order to get into software synthesis that didn't suck, you had to buy expensive sound cards and audio interfaces. Reason was the first virtual studio you could run on any decent computer and not have it crash on you like most of the other platforms did at the time.

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 11 Nov 2020

When I first saw Reason I wanted it,
When I got Reason I loved it,
Before I had Record I needed it,
When Record was incorporated,
I upgraded to it,

The only thing missing is better midi support
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 439
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 12 Nov 2020

Well hopefully after 20 years they will sort that dodgy screw out in Subtractor :roll:
Tend the flame

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 8008
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 Nov 2020

Done. Uploaded a few new patches, a few i had in the queue and i also tried to find some of the Reasontalk patches i made and made them fit the requirements.

The timeline was quite short.

So...where is the R1.0 song challange going on?
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests