I made a neptune combi

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
pushedbutton

22 Oct 2020

Check this out.
You'll need to feed it some audio and for best results it's a good idea to give it some midi.
I've been looking for a way to build a general device that can make neptune a bit more adaptable on the fly so I've experimented with stripping audio into 4 frequency bands and separately tuning them. The results were resulty.
See what you think. I'd be interested to see if you find it useful or have any suggestions for improvements.
Overtuner.zip
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
It should work in Reason 10 or above but it was created using the stockiest of stock devices.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

pushedbutton

26 Oct 2020

So, any use?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

challism

27 Oct 2020

Interesting patch. I like it best with the 2nd combi knob (Preserve Express) cranked all the way up. I added The Echo delay after the reverb, turned the Echo's saturation, feedback and ducking way up. I also split the original signal and added a 100% dry signal to the 6th channel of the 6x2 micro-mixer. I think it sounds pretty cool.
McOvertuner.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Ottostrom

05 Nov 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
26 Oct 2020
So, any use?
I tried using your combi (challisms version) in a new song to further mess up my guitar and it did wonders :)
My example is a before & after so first it plays the guitar chords without the combi activated. I particularly like how much width it gives by splitting up the bands and panning them.

Thanks for sharing this cool effect!

challism

05 Nov 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
05 Nov 2020
pushedbutton wrote:
26 Oct 2020
So, any use?
I tried using your combi (challisms version) in a new song to further mess up my guitar and it did wonders :)
My example is a before & after so first it plays the guitar chords without the combi activated. I particularly like how much width it gives by splitting up the bands and panning them.

Thanks for sharing this cool effect!

That sounds really cool. I like the dry version as well. This is a pretty cool effect. Thanks for sharing your results with us, Ottostrom. Also thanks to pushedbutton for sharing the original idea and patch.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Ottostrom

05 Nov 2020

challism wrote:
05 Nov 2020
That sounds really cool. I like the dry version as well. This is a pretty cool effect. Thanks for sharing your results with us, Ottostrom. Also thanks to pushedbutton for sharing the original idea and patch.
Thanks! It's fun to try and incorporate random effects and sounds I find on the forum :)
More people should share these sort of weird and unique combinators (although maybe they want to keep the secret sauce for themselves).
The re-pitching of the chord is achieved by controlling a Polar with midi inputs.

• Information