Europandemonium ReFill Exploration with Teflon Tomb

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2020

Thumbs up for both Telfon Tomb and Quixotic Sound Design :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

strangers
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2020

About time Teflon Tomb resurfaced. The Reason Music section hasn't been the same without him. This video is packed with a lot of great ideas and, of course, genius sounds by Quixotic Sound Design.

Auryn

03 Sep 2020

Man it's tough even to know what to say... The amount of work and dedication that went into making this exploration is just awe inspiring. The way it's edited and the weird camera angles... It's certainly some kind of art.
LOL @ "an untamed LFO". The thing about the hostile filters reminded me that for a while I wanted to call this refill "Chaos is a Ladder LP24" after the famous Game of Thrones meme/sequence and the default filter of Europa.

Musicwise I liked almost all pieces, "Look at the Flowers", "A dollar and a Coin" and "You'll be where I Am" stood out. Your sister mentioned The Orb (me: people in Waco, Texas listen to the orb?) and I would further specify that your current output reminds me a lot of Thomas Fehlmann (formerly of the orb) so it might be nice to check out his Good Fridge: Flowing album from 1998 I think. BTW I really liked that we got to see your family, that was a nice emotional counterpoint to the trippy and cerebral music.

Business-Wise:
If you're interested in this refill and want to help keep the lights on at Quixotic HQ then please consider buying it via Gumroad as 100 % of your dinero will end up going towards the development of further refills. https://gum.co/YxIGB I should probably do a lectric panda refill at some point and call that "Pandapandemonium" so there's a possible future product you would be sponsoring.

Thanks again to TT for doing this minimovie!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Loque

03 Sep 2020

Pretty cool video and sounds. Always good to see that someone is not creating the next standard music and videos, even if it's a bit creepy πŸ˜‚
The sounds are unique and not the next new boring sh!t you already heard 10000 times before. Just quickly checked the other refills and they sound very interesting too. I am not so into refills, because i rather make my own sounds, but i may make an exception here...
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

04 Sep 2020

snagged from gum road when it came out... love it
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

modecca

04 Sep 2020

Last edited by modecca on 06 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Auryn

05 Sep 2020

stopify96 wrote: ↑
05 Sep 2020
Owh it s like when I pay my taxes but I never know if it s was for a New nuclear missile or building a school
You will be happy to learn that QSD stopped our nuclear program in 2015. We only retain a small arsenal for "research purposes".
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-

TheGodOfRainbows

07 Sep 2020

i very much enjoyed the video. Lots of cool sounds, passion, intrigue. I really enjoy the insectoid frog alien gurgling bubbling soundscapes that Teflon Tomb makes. Very interesting sounds I didnt know I wanted. Money is tight now, so I can't atm, but its now on my wishlist.

Where can I listen to the full tracks the were demo'd in the video?

modecca

07 Sep 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2020
i very much enjoyed the video. Lots of cool sounds, passion, intrigue. I really enjoy the insectoid frog alien gurgling bubbling soundscapes that Teflon Tomb makes. Very interesting sounds I didnt know I wanted. Money is tight now, so I can't atm, but its now on my wishlist.

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Auryn

07 Sep 2020

07 Sep 2020

So I was about to reply to you but it seems like you already received a response from the Tombster himself... I've been trying to get him to relinquish his treasured song files but so far no luck.

@Modecca/TeflonTomb/Peter Lansford : dude I'd be happy to take all those song files and arrange them into a kind of mini-album for you, as a gesture of gratitude. I mean, I didn't recommend that Thomas Fehlmann album for nothing... listen to it! It's a bunch of short electronic vignettes pretty much like you make 'em but arranged into an album. E.g. albums like that can work. (besides that, I'm also recommending it because a man with your, how shall we say, 'predilections', can certainly use a good fridge, right?)

Anyway, I showed the video to my sister, just to "complete the circle" and she loved it. I don't know if my parents would know what to make of it though (they struggle understand what it is I sell anyhow)
Loque wrote: ↑
03 Sep 2020
Pretty cool video and sounds. Always good to see that someone is not creating the next standard music and videos, even if it's a bit creepy πŸ˜‚
The sounds are unique and not the next new boring sh!t you already heard 10000 times before. Just quickly checked the other refills and they sound very interesting too. I am not so into refills, because i rather make my own sounds, but i may make an exception here...
You mostly produce psytrance right? Well I've listened to a lot of psytrance when I was younger (and the psytrance was better, if you don't mind me saying :D ) so there's definitely a big influence of that type of music/sound design on everything I do. I'm hopeful that you'll find some useful sounds in my refills.

BTW did I mention the refill is cheaper on Gumroad? It's 19 bucks over there. 25 in the reason studios shop.

Oh, and everyone thanks for the kind words, keeps a fella going

rabidonthetrack

07 Sep 2020

Great work to all those involved including the commentators. I can feel the creative energy.

modecca

07 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2020
@Modecca/TeflonTomb/Peter Lansford : dude I'd be happy to take all those song files and arrange them into a kind of mini-album for you, as a gesture of gratitude. I mean, I didn't recommend that Thomas Fehlmann album for nothing... listen to it! It's a bunch of short electronic vignettes pretty much like you make 'em but arranged into an album. E.g. albums like that can work. (besides that, I'm also recommending it because a man with your, how shall we say, 'predilections', can certainly use a good fridge, right?)
Anyway, I showed the video to my sister, just to "complete the circle" and she loved it. I don't know if my parents would know what to make of it though (they struggle understand what it is I sell anyhow)
rabidonthetrack wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2020
Great work to all those involved including the commentators. I can feel the creative energy.

I apologize for being difficult, but my ears have grown a bit tired of those vignettes and I want to hear something new. I’d rather see you take that time and make a new track as the essence of the refill is to inspire something new: something interesting should feel close.
I genuinely got a kick out of what you and Aeox did with the refill and I wunna hear more new stuff.
As of late I have been using an raw expressive avante guarde approach to the refill and that’s got me thinking we really havent even scratched the surface.
You invoked Lansford from his age old hibernation, assuming he and I are the same lunatic :maybe he has something creative to offer?
Once tritone tires of the Friktion(baby mod matrix) maybe he might add something?
After me and the boys help GOR find loose change in his couch for the refill, what could he add?

The loop is never closed as now I have to report things to the wasp woman and my sister in regards to how her appearance was received.

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2020

Nice to see you Teflon.. You had me at "frog.. song.. patch.."

:D

What a masterful way to promote a refill.

modecca

08 Sep 2020

aeox wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2020

Glad you can make an appearance before the circus has left town sir.

To me your track was much more than a refill demonstration as I connect to it on a deeper emotional level, which is one of my favorite aspects of music.

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2020

So I took some inspiration and encouragement from Mr Modecca and made a short little track with the Europandemonium ReFill myself.
Nothing complicated, just having some fun. I'm digging the idea of making little mini tunes like Modecca did in his videos.

moneykube

10 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2020
So I took some inspiration and encouragement from Mr Modecca and made a short little track with the Europandemonium ReFill myself.
Nothing complicated, just having some fun. I'm digging the idea of making little mini tunes like Modecca did in his videos.

awesomely scary cave bro.... love it
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2020

moneykube wrote: ↑
10 Sep 2020
10 Sep 2020

awesomely scary cave bro.... love it
Haha thanks :)

modecca

10 Sep 2020

10 Sep 2020

This is the exact type of track I was hoping for man!
You could see how inspiring it is, to do a lot of this sort of thing with these patches.

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2020

modecca wrote: ↑
08 Sep 2020
08 Sep 2020

Glad you can make an appearance before the circus has left town sir.

To me your track was much more than a refill demonstration as I connect to it on a deeper emotional level, which is one of my favorite aspects of music.

You're too kind but I'm glad you like it.

Who says the circus has to leave? I have an idea, I'll message you soon.

Auryn

11 Sep 2020

Yeah so thanks to everyone contributing awesomeness here!

I've been busy at work but have been reading/listening. I did make this though:

I've been having a ton of fun with Sonic Charge's Permut-8, wonder why I slept on it for so long

edit: new version

modecca

12 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2020

11 Sep 2020
08 Sep 2020

10 Sep 2020

Spectacular entry Auryn!!!

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Sep 2020

Well, I've had the refill for a few days, and I think its great. Sorry I took a while before commenting. I have found plenty of inspiration from the patches. The FX & Misc patches are especially interesting. The demos by Auryn, aeox and Tritone are very nice. I have two tracks going, and one of them I took inspiration from Tritone's Ogre Cave in that it is kinda spooky and more minimal.

I wish I could be more spontaneous and quicker to finish and release tracks, but I can't help but sit on them, at least for a few days before uploading. But I do agree that sometimes you've got to not overdo or overthink things and to just have fun. Also, im out of space on SoundCloud and need to decide on what tracks to take down, or, to just make a new account.

I'm about to watch the above video right now.

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Sep 2020

Bradley, if you're out there, I'm working on tracks don't you worry. I got hung up in an interdimensional turnpike and became algulated and had to declaminate my zimzob.

Auryn

14 Sep 2020

12 Sep 2020

Spectacular entry Auryn!!!
I'm glad my renegade remixing got the thumbs up!
13 Sep 2020
Well, I've had the refill for a few days, and I think its great. Sorry I took a while before commenting. I have found plenty of inspiration from the patches. The FX & Misc patches are especially interesting. The demos by Auryn, aeox and Tritone are very nice. I have two tracks going, and one of them I took inspiration from Tritone's Ogre Cave in that it is kinda spooky and more minimal.

I wish I could be more spontaneous and quicker to finish and release tracks, but I can't help but sit on them, at least for a few days before uploading. But I do agree that sometimes you've got to not overdo or overthink things and to just have fun. Also, im out of space on SoundCloud and need to decide on what tracks to take down, or, to just make a new account.

I'm about to watch the above video right now.
Thanks for getting the refill! The FX and Misc section is where all the patches go that don't fit in and are awkward socially. Still, they all know why they're there and they're working on acceptance.

Taking a long time to finish a track is certainly no crime BTW, it's done when it's done!

• Information