Forced To Locate Refills Every Time I Open RNS files

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bubblegumpaws

06 Apr 2020

My iMac died recently and I moved all of my backed up RNS files to my new laptop from my Google Drive folder... I never backed up my refills so I ended up downloading them again through a torrent. I've put them in a 'Refills' folder within my Reason folder which is directly on my C drive.

Every time I open an RNS file, an 'insert disk' message comes up for every refill. I skip these prompts as I do not have these refills on disks. Then I get to a missing files prompt and have to select my refill folder in order to upload all the refills. They upload once I find the folder, but I have to deal with this every single time I open any RNS file, and I have hundreds of files. How do I fix this? I just want the refills to upload automatically and they won't. I'm using Reason 5.

QVprod

06 Apr 2020

To my knowledge, each song is going to reference the location of any refills or samples from where they were originally stored when the file was saved. I believe every DAW does this, so it's unavoidable if saving directly onto the computer hard drive. Especially in your case with moving from Mac to Windows, the locations are entirely different.

1reasonable

07 Apr 2020

I have had similar experience when I decided to move my refills to the documents folder on my Mac. The way to resolve this, is when you get the “patch not found” (I can’t remember the exact message) when you open the file, you should have an option to automatically find the missing refill/soundfont. You may have to point the search to where your new refill location is, but let the search complete, and you should get a message confirming that the patches you need have been found. So, you should now re-save your song, and the new patch locations for the song will also be saved. You’ll obviously have to go through this for each affected song, but after re-saving it you should be fine from there on.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

• Information