How to fix crappy loop points in Refills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

Is there a way to fix NN-XT /NN-19 patches from a Refill that has crappy loop points?
It seems I cannot re-save the patch on my HD once the loop point has been changed, it requires you go to Song Self-Contain Setting, but then it refuses to re-save the wav files.

Is there a reasonable work around for this?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

If it’s a Rex file bounce it to audio and cut off the crap. If you’ve got recycle I guess you could make it a Rex again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

03 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2020
If it’s a Rex file bounce it to audio and cut off the crap. If you’ve got recycle I guess you could make it a Rex again.
You can also create Rex files from Reason.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
03 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2020
You can also create Rex files from Reason.
Ok bounce to audio and then do that instead :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

I was referring to loop points in the wav sample that has clicks, or the locators are set poorly so the looping is audible. Say a string wav file that is inside NN-XT and the wav+patch originates from a Refill. Is there an easy way to just fix the loop, add crossfade and resave it? Reason tells me to do the Song Self-Contain Setting thing, but then it refuses to re-save the wav files as they reside inside a Refill.

To me it seems you would have to extract the wave samples and rebuild the whole NN-XT patch, but no way I'll do that.

Loque

03 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
03 Apr 2020
I was referring to loop points in the wav sample that has clicks, or the locators are set poorly so the looping is audible. Say a string wav file that is inside NN-XT and the wav+patch originates from a Refill. Is there an easy way to just fix the loop, add crossfade and resave it? Reason tells me to do the Song Self-Contain Setting thing, but then it refuses to re-save the wav files as they reside inside a Refill.

To me it seems you would have to extract the wave samples and rebuild the whole NN-XT patch, but no way I'll do that.
If you dont like the loop points and want to change them, yes you need to re-create the samples and overwrite them in the NNXT patch.##I am not sure, what you did, but you can also open the rex loop in Octorex and play it via keyboard or just drop the rexloop into a audio track and you can edit it.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

No Rex files involved, just an NN-XT patch from a Refill that is looping the Wav, but it has clicks in the looping due to sloppy work. Thought I could fix it in the sample editor. I guess, I just have to skip it and move on.

Loque

03 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
03 Apr 2020
No Rex files involved, just an NN-XT patch from a Refill that is looping the Wav, but it has clicks in the looping due to sloppy work. Thought I could fix it in the sample editor. I guess, I just have to skip it and move on.
You can fix it in the sample editor (fading, etc.) or in case of bad loop points in the NNXT.
Reason12, Win10

bitley

03 Apr 2020

Just fix it in the NNXT - it's certainly not easy though and easy to make mistakes with multisamples. But save the NNXT file as many times you like. It points to the refill just like when you tweak a FSB patch.

gregmarksimpson

03 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
03 Apr 2020
Your song should automatically keep the modified sample inside it. However if you need a copy of the modified sample to use in future songs, i.e. you want to Export your modified WAV file, then you can't do that directly from the Samples area as this knows that the sample originated from a ReFill. Instead if you import that sample to the Sequencer, you can then Bounce to Disk from the Sequencer instead (which does not track origin of the WAV or restrict exporting/bouncing samples that come from a ReFill).

Good luck!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

gregmarksimpson wrote:
03 Apr 2020
Boombastix wrote:
03 Apr 2020
Your song should automatically keep the modified sample inside it. However if you need a copy of the modified sample to use in future songs, i.e. you want to Export your modified WAV file, then you can't do that directly from the Samples area as this knows that the sample originated from a ReFill. Instead if you import that sample to the Sequencer, you can then Bounce to Disk from the Sequencer instead (which does not track origin of the WAV or restrict exporting/bouncing samples that come from a ReFill).

Good luck!
This is what I kinda thought (but was hoping for a lesser know work-around). Yes, you can fix loop points and it saves with the song, but you cannot save it as new patch...that is...unless you do the cumbersome task to drag the wave-file into the sequencer, bounce it to a new sample, bring back into the NN-XT, fix the settings that got lost and also redo the loop points...for ALL the samples used in the NN-XT patch that needs fixing. Well not gonna happen.

As a side note, Loopmasters has a ton of NN-XT patches in their sample packs, you can of course fix them easily, if needed, as they do not reside inside a Refill.

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

bitley

03 Apr 2020

You think that's a selling point?!

I would not...

• Information