Linkin Park / BMTH sounds in reason

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Trint

31 Mar 2020

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for fresh new sounds and textures (beats and synth).
I'm making rock electro stuff like Linkin Park, BMTH, I really love the mix of heavy guitars acoustic drums and electro sounds.
I only work with reason 10.
Here is my cover of Mike Shinoda "Open Door" as exemple, I made a new instrumental, only kept his vocal tracks.

If you have ideas on soundbanks, refills with beats, big synth, orchestra, voices, etc... feel free to comment.
Any help is really appreciated.
Take care and keep safe.
Best.

Trint

02 Apr 2020

Hi again,
any tips, advices, ideas to achieve LP or BMTH modern electro sounds (beats and synth) ?
Take care and keep safe.
All the best.

Adam W

02 Apr 2020

Hey man, not sure if this fits the bill (or is maybe a bit too on the nose), but Big Fish Audio has a bunch of packs in and around this genre:

https://www.bigfishaudio.com/Nu-Metal-City

Check that out if you haven't yet. It isn't cheap, but I got a free demo sample pack from it years ago, and the loops are pretty top notch (drums & bass especially). Looks like they've done a Vol. 2 in the meanwhile. It's all Rex Loops, though, split up into construction kits (that may not be what you're after).

Baylo

02 Apr 2020

Hey Trint,

Cool track! To partially answer your question, my son attempted a cover of In The End (what else are you going to do during a pandemic?), using Reason 10. Specifically he used Radical Piano, SubTractor, StringWerk and Ryan Greene Alt Drums along with his guitars. He made an accompanying video, if it’s of interest:

He’s a beginner at singing, so set expectations accordingly.

Trint

10 Apr 2020

Hello,
thanks @Adam W and @Baylo for your answers and the links.
I'm more looking for synth and beat sounds than guitars and drums.
I love reason but I'm not able to produce these sounds.
I know both (BMTH and LP) use Live and NI stuffs but I really would like continue working on reason.
Thanks both of you for your help ;-).
Take care and keep safe.
Best.

• Information