Envelope Follower Reverb

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Loque

23 Mar 2020

I heard a patch where the reverb had a tremolo effect and it's frequency was modulated by the envelope and i liked what i heard. I directly thougt, this could be easily achieved in Reason too and yes, it is. Check out this song (R11) containing a example sound connected to a Combinator having the reverb tremoloed by the envelope.

Than i also realized, that i had a few Tremolo fx, which can control the frequency by the envelope. Well, in Reason you have the full flexibility, so check out the cabling, compressor settings and so and you will realize, everything is possible to modifier the signals.

Have fun.
Attachments
EnvelopeFollowerReverb.zip
(66.15 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

23 Mar 2020

I'm a big fan of envelope following fx! I havent opened the file because I'm on my phone but Pulveriser is a hidden gem for this kind of thing, it helps if you have an oscilloscope hooked up so you can see what it's doing.

guitfnky

23 Mar 2020

do you mean vibrato? I imagine either way would be pretty easy to do with all the stuff you can do with Reason’s routing. an interesting idea—I’ll have to try something like that.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Jackjackdaw

23 Mar 2020

You can use the Pulveriser to do what Pigtronix Tremvelope pedal can do. So the wobble gets more intense as the volume is louder. Or vice versa. You don't even need to route anything for that it's baked in!

Loque

23 Mar 2020

Yea, you guys are right. Would have been easier with Pulverizer, at least for the basic effect. Got to try this.
Reason12, Win10

EdwardKiy

26 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2020
do you mean vibrato?
Nope, he meant tremolo.

Vibrato is a modulation of pitch. Tremolo is a modulation of amplitude.

It's nice to see your interest in music theory, though.

guitfnky

26 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
26 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2020
do you mean vibrato?
Nope, he meant tremolo.

Vibrato is a modulation of pitch. Tremolo is a modulation of amplitude.

It's nice to see your interest in music theory, though.
he said frequency modulation, not volume modulation—which would mean pitch—which means I guess you agree it was a good question.

it’s nice to see your interest in bringing up year-old posts to try to critique, though?

EdwardKiy

26 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 Mar 2021
it’s nice to see your interest in bringing up year-old posts to try to critique, though?
the patch in question is a modulation of amplitude aka tremolo.

What's wrong with bringing up year-old posts? Inconvenient for you? I just couldn't resist when I saw you using these big words after you had music theory all debunked in that thread of yours

flath earthers around the world.jpg
flath earthers around the world.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

guitfnky

26 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
26 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
26 Mar 2021
the patch in question is a modulation of amplitude aka tremolo.

What's wrong with bringing up year-old posts? Inconvenient for you? I just couldn't resist when I saw you using these big words after you had music theory all debunked in that thread of yours

flath earthers around the world.jpg
the OP was worded in a way that it could be taken either way. hence the clarifying question. you do know how questions work, don’t you?

EdwardKiy

26 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 Mar 2021
the OP was worded in a way that it could be taken either way. hence the clarifying question. you do know how questions work, don’t you?
Sure. Just in case you need additional clarification, "He meant tremolo" is an answer.

guitfnky

26 Mar 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
26 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Sure. Just in case you need additional clarification, "He meant tremolo" is an answer.
yup, the question wasn’t aimed at you, bud, and you’re about 364 days behind when I stopped caring, so, great job wasting both of our time, I guess.

EdwardKiy

26 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 Mar 2021
yup, the question wasn’t aimed at you, bud, and you’re about 364 days behind when I stopped caring, so, great job wasting both of our time, I guess.
A 3-day attention span is nothing to be proud of. But you're much too kind, no need to thank me for helping you work on that.

Loque

26 Mar 2021

Glad you guys like the patch 😊👍
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

26 Mar 2021

😆👍🏼

EdwardKiy

26 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Glad you guys like the patch 😊👍
git asked if you meant vibrato, so he obviously didn't try it. Thanks for putting this out!

demt

27 Mar 2021

I think attack sustain delay release is necessary for a module to be sirgested
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

ksniod

11 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
23 Mar 2020
I heard a patch where the reverb had a tremolo effect and it's frequency was modulated by the envelope and i liked what i heard. I directly thougt, this could be easily achieved in Reason too and yes, it is. Check out this song (R11) containing a example sound connected to a Combinator having the reverb tremoloed by the envelope.

Than i also realized, that i had a few Tremolo fx, which can control the frequency by the envelope. Well, in Reason you have the full flexibility, so check out the cabling, compressor settings and so and you will realize, everything is possible to modifier the signals.

Have fun.
Nice patch :thumbs_up:

• Information