Envelope Follower Reverb

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Loque

Post 23 Mar 2020

I heard a patch where the reverb had a tremolo effect and it's frequency was modulated by the envelope and i liked what i heard. I directly thougt, this could be easily achieved in Reason too and yes, it is. Check out this song (R11) containing a example sound connected to a Combinator having the reverb tremoloed by the envelope.

Than i also realized, that i had a few Tremolo fx, which can control the frequency by the envelope. Well, in Reason you have the full flexibility, so check out the cabling, compressor settings and so and you will realize, everything is possible to modifier the signals.

Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Jackjackdaw

Post 23 Mar 2020

I'm a big fan of envelope following fx! I havent opened the file because I'm on my phone but Pulveriser is a hidden gem for this kind of thing, it helps if you have an oscilloscope hooked up so you can see what it's doing.

guitfnky

Post 23 Mar 2020

do you mean vibrato? I imagine either way would be pretty easy to do with all the stuff you can do with Reason’s routing. an interesting idea—I’ll have to try something like that.

Jackjackdaw

Post 23 Mar 2020

You can use the Pulveriser to do what Pigtronix Tremvelope pedal can do. So the wobble gets more intense as the volume is louder. Or vice versa. You don't even need to route anything for that it's baked in!

Loque

Post 23 Mar 2020

Yea, you guys are right. Would have been easier with Pulverizer, at least for the basic effect. Got to try this.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

• Information