PG8X based: WB PG8X

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Mar 2020

love the refill.... a sad snag has appeared on the road to "progress".... bought a newer mac... os X 15.3 will not let me install PG8X sadly.... so I now can only really use this great refill on my older system. Thought I should give you a heads up... this would explain some loss in sales , as many are running the new mac os and if they tried to install plug , they would see they can not... so the refill would be useless to those running macOS Catalina. :!: :o I guess a better way going forward is to stick with reason only refills(requiring no 3rd party plugs)

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 15 Mar 2020

thoughts... silence... what u say my bro

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Mar 2020

I would say if u constantly ask for opinions,,, and get one... why do we hear this?

at least you got me to purchase your prophet refill

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 26 Mar 2020

Hi there! I try to stay focused inventing and programming so I spend less time on forums these days. Didn't know about PG8X incompability in Catalina so that was good to know, thanks. This refill is of course recommended to use with the plugin but can be used without it as well really. There's still a generous selection of other sound types and fun samples. Lots to explore.

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 26 Mar 2020

HeresJohnny312 wrote:
26 Feb 2020
Is this anything new or just old analog stuff sampled?
All of it is new bro! :)

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2020

bitley wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Hi there! I try to stay focused inventing and programming so I spend less time on forums these days. Didn't know about PG8X incompability in Catalina so that was good to know, thanks. This refill is of course recommended to use with the plugin but can be used without it as well really. There's still a generous selection of other sound types and fun samples. Lots to explore.
ok cool and your welcome :thumbs_up:

HeresJohnny312
Posts: 45
Joined: 26 Feb 2020

Post 27 Mar 2020

bitley wrote:
26 Mar 2020
HeresJohnny312 wrote:
26 Feb 2020
Is this anything new or just old analog stuff sampled?
All of it is new bro! :)
Cool, Now I am interested!

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 27 Mar 2020

Welcome anytime

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 03 Nov 2020

Hi guys! I've now set up a new evaluation & re-introduction of Way Beyond PG8X, a refill with over 1000 new patches for the PG8X VSTi including a ton of samples and all of my Sysex patches made for JX8P, JX10 and MKS70, also including all Roland preset sounds categorized and neatly presented. You need the plugin and then you can add the refill on top, the refill will find the plugin and assign everything for you. It's just $29 and available now from my website. This is mindblowing stuff really and brings new life to both Reason and the PG8X VSTi.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Nov 2020

I imagine the first who bought must buy it again, since "the old links for purchases are now for a limited time by design"? I do know you first stated the links remain (by design) incase of updates that come. I liked that approach.

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 04 Nov 2020

It is running very smoothly so I am just saying: Welcome to inspiring sounds. I hope to be ready with a large free update soon too.

User avatar
tdirtyonthebeat
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2019
Location: Texas

Post 04 Nov 2020

Thanks Bitley!!!!

As a user of your refills, I can say I’m stoked for the update! The patches included took me into sonic territory I hadn’t previously considered and the plug-in patches you’ve created make it incredibly easy to interact with. Two thumbs up from T-Dirty on the Beat, I always find something superbly surprising in your refills! :)

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2482
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Nov 2020

bitley wrote:
04 Nov 2020
It is running very smoothly so I am just saying: Welcome to inspiring sounds. I hope to be ready with a large free update soon too.
awesome news !... looking forward to that. :thumbs_up:you make awesome refills. :reason:

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 05 Nov 2020

I took the Amazing Lead in 2002 you know :-)

Thanks

User avatar
tdirtyonthebeat
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2019
Location: Texas

Post 10 Nov 2020

I am loving PG8X! The patches provided are top-notch, and super easy to use! Thanks for another high quality refill Bitley! Keep ‘em coming!

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1433
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 10 Nov 2020

tdirtyonthebeat wrote:
10 Nov 2020
I am loving PG8X! The patches provided are top-notch, and super easy to use! Thanks for another high quality refill Bitley! Keep ‘em coming!
Wow, thanks! That was lovely to read indeed!

Which patches did you like?

User avatar
tdirtyonthebeat
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2019
Location: Texas

Post 11 Nov 2020

Excellent question Bitley! Though I'm still working on the track, so far I'm loving:

L E S L I E B L I N K A from the Synthesizers folder - currently the lead for the track I'm on now.

Truly Emotional Strings from the Way Beyond Combis folder - good for adding layers/harmonic phrasing.

and the icing on the cake are the two Enigma Solo and Enigma's Sadness Flute from the Xtra sounds 4 Bitley WBF R2. Thank the gods for these two patches! Such emotional depth to the Sadness Flute, though named with "Sadness" I am delightfully full of joy in playing this patch!

Of the enormous content provided in this refill, hopefully this gives you some insight into a few outta this world patches!

Lastly, for the users on this forum, treat yo' self to this refill. I'm sure Bitley will have a few Black Friday deals/promotions going on, and you'll be so glad you added these superb sounds to your sonic palette!

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5547
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2020

tdirtyonthebeat wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Excellent question Bitley! Though I'm still working on the track, so far I'm loving:

L E S L I E B L I N K A from the Synthesizers folder - currently the lead for the track I'm on now.

Truly Emotional Strings from the Way Beyond Combis folder - good for adding layers/harmonic phrasing.

and the icing on the cake are the two Enigma Solo and Enigma's Sadness Flute from the Xtra sounds 4 Bitley WBF R2. Thank the gods for these two patches! Such emotional depth to the Sadness Flute, though named with "Sadness" I am delightfully full of joy in playing this patch!

Of the enormous content provided in this refill, hopefully this gives you some insight into a few outta this world patches!

Lastly, for the users on this forum, treat yo' self to this refill. I'm sure Bitley will have a few Black Friday deals/promotions going on, and you'll be so glad you added these superb sounds to your sonic palette!
Are you Bitley?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
tdirtyonthebeat
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Mar 2019
Location: Texas

Post 11 Nov 2020

No! I am not Bitley, but I am a fan of his!

I am Tyler Vatcoskay aka T-Dirty on the Beat. I don't often post, but I've followed the forum for many years now. I'm working my way into posting regularly, but I work full-time in Finance, as a Producer, and as a Father so reading the forum is much easier than posting!

I first came across Bitley with the Way Beyond Fairlight refill, and have been a fan ever since. I wish I had his sound design skills! I know it's a tough job for the sound designers, so when I can and when they've done me right, either with superb refills or consistent correspondence (Bitley and Quixotic Sound Design both respond same-day to E-mails and even offered to help me learn sound design and understand their patches better), I like to share my experience!

You can check out my music and who I am at https://tdirtyonthebeat.com and learn more about me there. Again, I hope to interact with the community more often from here and am grateful this forum exists! It's helped educate and inspire (maybe sometimes too much so) my RE, Refill, and Reason purchases. As Black Friday approaches, I am stacking funds for another round of acquisition!

I'll do my best to respond to posts from here, but if I do not respond quickly, I thank you for your grace! #ReasonGangForever

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5547
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2020

tdirtyonthebeat wrote:
11 Nov 2020
No! I am not Bitley, but I am a fan of his!

I am Tyler Vatcoskay aka T-Dirty on the Beat. I don't often post, but I've followed the forum for many years now. I'm working my way into posting regularly, but I work full-time in Finance, as a Producer, and as a Father so reading the forum is much easier than posting!

I first came across Bitley with the Way Beyond Fairlight refill, and have been a fan ever since. I wish I had his sound design skills! I know it's a tough job for the sound designers, so when I can and when they've done me right, either with superb refills or consistent correspondence (Bitley and Quixotic Sound Design both respond same-day to E-mails and even offered to help me learn sound design and understand their patches better), I like to share my experience!

You can check out my music and who I am at https://tdirtyonthebeat.com and learn more about me there. Again, I hope to interact with the community more often from here and am grateful this forum exists! It's helped educate and inspire (maybe sometimes too much so) my RE, Refill, and Reason purchases. As Black Friday approaches, I am stacking funds for another round of acquisition!

I'll do my best to respond to posts from here, but if I do not respond quickly, I thank you for your grace! #ReasonGangForever
Glad to hear.
Watch yourself on Black Friday. Be a survivor :)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1498
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 11 Nov 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Hi guys! I've now set up a new evaluation & re-introduction of Way Beyond PG8X, a refill with over 1000 new patches for the PG8X VSTi...
Hey, I just bought your refill because the PG-8X is one of my favorite VSTs, however, where are the 1000 patches?? When I go into the 'All Patches folder and select all patches, I get 383:
383.png

And then if I search for a patch like "Bubbles" across the entire refill, I get 3 instances of it. Same goes for the others. So are you counting these as 3 distinct patches? 383 x 3 = 1,149 so is that how you came up with the number 1000?
bubbles x 3.png

Not trying to start trouble, I just want to make sure I got what I thought I bought. Please clarify.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5547
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2020

hurricane wrote:
11 Nov 2020
bitley wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Hi guys! I've now set up a new evaluation & re-introduction of Way Beyond PG8X, a refill with over 1000 new patches for the PG8X VSTi...
Hey, I just bought your refill because the PG-8X is one of my favorite VSTs, however, where are the 1000 patches?? When I go into the 'All Patches folder and select all patches, I get 383:

383.png


And then if I search for a patch like "Bubbles" across the entire refill, I get 3 instances of it. Same goes for the others. So are you counting these as 3 distinct patches? 383 x 3 = 1,149 so is that how you came up with the number 1000?

bubbles x 3.png


Not trying to start trouble, I just want to make sure I got what I thought I bought. Please clarify.

Thanks.
Haven’t we been here before?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5547
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2020

丰2ॐ

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1498
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 11 Nov 2020

Sigh....I'm going to wait until he replies.

But Bitley - IF you did this AGAIN, you should be banned.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5547
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2020

Oh yeah...and look here. Remember this one?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7510789&hilit=Burley+PX7

Note that the first post has been edited 8 times so the comments following it no longer make sense.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests