Zampled gone down

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
sleep1979

30 Jun 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Jun 2019
bxbrkrz wrote:
28 Jun 2019
We have the conclusion from one 'lab' and their methodology.
We need one or two more to go for definite proofs.
Since it was popular among top contributors, it should not be too difficult to do.

So, having watched the video above, you can clearly see from it they're ripped samples: because no-one would sample a stretched sample note by note like that, unless they were doing this for the first time (which puts a big fucking dent in their "professional" claims), and then the only way that happens is by setting their auto-ripper on autopilot to sample every note while they go off to rip pictures off Google. This is isn't brain surgery. The main image is easily reverse-searchable, it's hhttps://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/viol ... /153502862. The "team" photos look to be stock too. You'd think, given they are supposed to have run a studio, they could have at least taken one photo of their top class recording session :D.

(Disclosure: I bought Euphonics from the Propshop too. I used it, I didn't hate it at the time, but yeah, I don't believe for one second it's kosher)
I cant believe live that stock picture

Magnus

01 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
30 Jun 2019
Magnus wrote:
30 Jun 2019

Shouldn't someone inform Propellerhead so they can look into it? Out of interest, did the Props offer refunds to people who purchased Softphonics instruments through their shop when all that kicked off and all that content was taken down?
I bet they never
That's an interesting one. I wonder if you can still download the copyright infringing ReFills from Propellerheads servers if you bought them? Or if they've vanished entirely but without any recompense for those who thought they were legitimate given they could be bought direct from the Props shop...

sleep1979

01 Jul 2019

Magnus wrote:
01 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
30 Jun 2019

I bet they never
That's an interesting one. I wonder if you can still download the copyright infringing ReFills from Propellerheads servers if you bought them? Or if they've vanished entirely but without any recompense for those who thought they were legitimate given they could be bought direct from the Props shop...
Anyone who bought them care to chime
In ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jul 2019
Magnus wrote:
01 Jul 2019

In ?
I'm guessing they haven't removed them from people's accounts. Softphonics Factory Bank is still there available for download on my account anyway (although it was free. The picture has also been replaced with the red marker).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Magnus

02 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
01 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
01 Jul 2019

In ?
I'm guessing they haven't removed them from people's accounts. Softphonics Factory Bank is still there available for download on my account anyway (although it was free. The picture has also been replaced with the red marker).
I suppose that gets around having to provide any refunds!

Shame this kind of stuff is able to happen right under the Propellerheads' noses (and in a way that ends up looking like these illegitimate sample libraries actually have their endorsement!)

esselfortium

02 Jul 2019

Softphonics is still credited for 78 patches from the new soundbank that showed up in Reason 9, speaking of which.

They're all combinators almost entirely made up of preexisting factory and orkester patches with some added reverb and audiomatic, and a "By Andrew Skelton" patch slapped on the top, because even here, Softphonics apparently still couldn't be bothered to do much more than put his name on repackagings of other people's work.

Amusingly (or at least it would be amusing if this wasn't official content still included with Reason), many of the Softphonics combis included with Reason have layered both the standard and lite versions of the same orkester instrument together, attempting to make them sound thicker but just causing phasing problems instead. It would probably be a good idea for Propellerhead to replace these with something less broken and not associated with a known con artist.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sleep1979

02 Jul 2019

esselfortium wrote:
02 Jul 2019
Softphonics is still credited for 78 patches from the new soundbank that showed up in Reason 9, speaking of which.

They're all combinators almost entirely made up of preexisting factory and orkester patches with some added reverb and audiomatic, and a "By Andrew Skelton" patch slapped on the top, because even here, Softphonics apparently still couldn't be bothered to do much more than put his name on repackagings of other people's work.

Amusingly (or at least it would be amusing if this wasn't official content still included with Reason), many of the Softphonics combis included with Reason have layered both the standard and lite versions of the same orkester instrument together, attempting to make them sound thicker but just causing phasing problems instead. It would probably be a good idea for Propellerhead to replace these with something less broken and not associated with a known con artist.
yeah ive noticed that its weird how they haven't updated them yet

Magnus

06 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
02 Jul 2019
esselfortium wrote:
02 Jul 2019

yeah ive noticed that its weird how they haven't updated them yet
Oh dear, that's not good at all...

miscend

06 Jul 2019

For some time they were selling the refill for £15 on their website. Maybe they hired a free studio, amateur musicians and recording engineers to work for free. And their only expense was bandwidth and web hosting.

esselfortium

06 Jul 2019

Setting aside all the other reasons why that's not what happened, not a single one of those "volunteers" wanted to be credited anywhere for their countless hours of unpaid labor...?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sleep1979

07 Jul 2019

It amazes me why propellerhead wouldn’t question this from softphonics and zampled tbh just anyone could roll up ,
Why were at it i know its legit but ive always wondered where was orkestor recorded

sleep1979

07 Jul 2019

Because there are no credits for orkestor

Magnus

07 Jul 2019

esselfortium wrote:
06 Jul 2019
Setting aside all the other reasons why that's not what happened, not a single one of those "volunteers" wanted to be credited anywhere for their countless hours of unpaid labor...?
This thread has convinced me so throughly that I have now uninstalled Zampled from my computer. It's feels like a knock-off product even if it comes to pass that it somehow isn't. I believe Propellerhead should be investigating it either way to let us know. From here on in I'm only using StringWERK for my string parts as that is clearly legitimate; and of a very high professional quality.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
07 Jul 2019
It amazes me why propellerhead wouldn’t question this from softphonics and zampled tbh just anyone could roll up ,
Why were at it i know its legit but ive always wondered where was orkestor recorded
I think it is because copyright infringement became a modus operandi many years ago (BIIB, eLab, were early in selling sample CDs in the 90's.), and nobody really wants to open this can of worms. Anyone seen a DAW factory lib, refill, or a sample pack with a copyrighted 909 open hi hat sample? Yeah, there you have it, it is all over the place. Question is if you have sold the 909 hihat, then where do you draw the line. It's like a kid stealing a pack of gum from 7/11, is it OK? But what about a bank robbery? When do you cross the line for what is OK, and do you want to pursue infringers when you have questionable content yourself? Or maybe a better example is, is it OK to roll a stop sign going 5mph? It is technically illegal, but nearly everyone seems OK with it, but rolling at 25mph is both illegal and not OK (by most standards), so where do you draw the line?
Different levels, steal one string sample to put out a Grain refill (not saying there is one, just an example) is that the same as the 909 hihat, or is it worse? What about more strings that make up a patch, again, where to draw the line?
Nobody has perfect answers I believe, but it has become more of a current topic now with Splice/Sounds.com/Loopmaster. There has already been pulls of clearly ripped content. And a large beat maker website now requires declaration of any sampled content for submitted beats.

But humans have been stealing from each other since the dawn of humanity, so...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

boingy

08 Jul 2019

I used to be very precise with this stuff. Any songs I made had an accompanying text file listing every single sample, sound and library used. I even used to store a copy of the licenses with each song. But as I've got older I've become more relaxed about this stuff. I make music for me, occasionally sharing it with mates or online but I have no ambition to make any money from music. I'm 99% legal with software and mostly legitimate with samples and sounds but I don't stress it and I no longer keep any records.

If it sounds good I use it.

And in reality no-one is going to be able to track individual instrument sounds back to their source. If you use a string sound from a legitimately purchased RE/Library that turns out to have been nicked from another library then it is not going to be identifiable by the time it is processed, eq'd, mixed and mastered. Loops probably are identifiable unless they are really mashed-up but as end users we can't be expected to check the legitimacy of a loop or sample beyond the supplier we bought it from. "Hello, please can I speak to the boss of the London Symphony Orchestra. I need to check some samples with him"...

sleep1979

08 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
08 Jul 2019
I used to be very precise with this stuff. Any songs I made had an accompanying text file listing every single sample, sound and library used. I even used to store a copy of the licenses with each song. But as I've got older I've become more relaxed about this stuff. I make music for me, occasionally sharing it with mates or online but I have no ambition to make any money from music. I'm 99% legal with software and mostly legitimate with samples and sounds but I don't stress it and I no longer keep any records.

If it sounds good I use it.

And in reality no-one is going to be able to track individual instrument sounds back to their source. If you use a string sound from a legitimately purchased RE/Library that turns out to have been nicked from another library then it is not going to be identifiable by the time it is processed, eq'd, mixed and mastered. Loops probably are identifiable unless they are really mashed-up but as end users we can't be expected to check the legitimacy of a loop or sample beyond the supplier we bought it from. "Hello, please can I speak to the boss of the London Symphony Orchestra. I need to check some samples with him"...
Boingy i think your right and to be honest
If you made a complete album with cracked software , do you think if you suddenly became as big as avicii for example was , do you think there gonna make
You go back and do it with all legit software no of course not
But a lot of people here want to own there software and once you become someone that likes to own there stuff , using cracked stuff starts to feel wrong
So there should be a choice,
people making money off stuff we could freely download if we wanted to is bullshit really ,
Tbh with you i sometimes download stuff to try if there is no demo and i delete it if i want to buy it , with zampled i was thinking of getting then because they was so cheap and if i had them now and i was using then and i knew that it would feel wrong because , i no longer crack i like owning stuff ,
I did buy sphere from softphonics from amazon and they sent it on a home made cd with a basic printer printed cover
And that refill had issues clicking in some of the patches , and i’d deleted it once i knew , i didnt really use it anyway , only wanted it for strings

Marco Raaphorst

08 Jul 2019

what are the facts?

sleep1979

08 Jul 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019
what are the facts?
Dunno its all theory and I'm not as clever as esselfortium but she seems to pose a clever argument ,

Magnus

08 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
08 Jul 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019
what are the facts?
Dunno its all theory and I'm not as clever as esselfortium but she seems to pose a clever argument ,
All the evidence presented above points towards Zampled Euphonic Strings being another Softphonics style debacle. A product sold as legitimate effort. With the website making out that the developers themselves undertook the effort to sample all the performances and instruments themselves, when it transpires that the product was actually created dishonestly. It is simply a re-sampling of other company's work, repackaged and then marketing/advertised in a way that attempts to mask its true nature.

I wasn't sure before but based on the case made by esselfortium; I am now 100% convinced this is true.

Marco Raaphorst

08 Jul 2019

Magnus wrote:
08 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
08 Jul 2019

All the evidence presented above points towards Zampled Euphonic Strings being another Softphonics style debacle. A product sold as legitimate effort. With the website making out that the developers themselves undertook the effort to sample all the performances and instruments themselves, when it transpires that the product was actually created dishonestly. It is simply a re-sampling of other company's work, repackaged and then marketing/advertised in a way that attempts to mask its true nature.

I wasn't sure before but based on the case made by esselfortium; I am now 100% convinced this is true.

I thought the Propellerhead has never said there was a copyright claim concerning Softphonics.

I guess the same is true for Zampled Euphonic Strings. If there would be a claim it would be taken offline.

I am not defending these companies but I know that speculation on this can result in major errors. I am only interested in the truth, the facts.

sleep1979

08 Jul 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019
Magnus wrote:
08 Jul 2019

I thought the Propellerhead has never said there was a copyright claim concerning Softphonics.

I guess the same is true for Zampled Euphonic Strings. If there would be a claim it would be taken offline.

I am not defending these companies but I know that speculation on this can result in major errors. I am only interested in the truth, the facts.
In the case of softphonics someone compared the library sound by sound and then he disappeared 👻 how much more facts do u need , he would never admit it would he , zampled could be anyone , there are some refill company's who i trust 100% like pinknoise studio who you have or work for , we know andras is in the studio painstakingly doing his thing , but there are of refill makers now I wouldn’t trust with a bargepole ,
1:i dunno whos making the things
Names bio etc .
2: theres no pictures and proof of whats gone into them

I mean i dunno who actually found softphonics out but if they never he would probably still be in this forum releasing new products I’m sure
If other refills makers haven't been found out
they will probably still sit pretty and still keep earning a few quid from it until they get found out which could probably be never

Marco Raaphorst

08 Jul 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
08 Jul 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019

In the case of softphonics someone compared the library sound by sound and then he disappeared 👻 how much more facts do u need , he would never admit it would he , zampled could be anyone , there are some refill company's who i trust 100% like pinknoise studio who you have or work for , we know andras is in the studio painstakingly doing his thing , but there are of refill makers now I wouldn’t trust with a bargepole ,
Names bio etc .

I mean i dunno who actually found softphonics out but if they never he would probably still be in this forum releasing new products I’m sure
they will probably still sit pretty and still keep earning a few quid from it until they get found out which could probably be never
His disappearance can also be based on other reasons. I have seen many developers give up because of all sorts of reasons, illness, lack of money, tiredness etc.

sleep1979

08 Jul 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
08 Jul 2019

Names bio etc .

His disappearance can also be based on other reasons. I have seen many developers give up because of all sorts of reasons, illness, lack of money, tiredness etc.
I get that its hard must take hours weeks and months years to make
I see bitword gave up for maybe some reasons like that ,
But andrew didnt defend himself man he just went
Your a nice guy marco i am too but your probably being too nice to him tbh believing in him still ,
I probably think in real life maybe he aint that much of a bad guy to his family he's just a survivor making some money for his fam , but then probably so are a lot of people here
So he was basically stealing from the rich and selling to the poor ( or average people that have bills to pay and dont have a lot of money )
He wasn’t exactly robin hood )

Magnus

08 Jul 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
08 Jul 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
08 Jul 2019

Names bio etc .

The Softphonics thing was bad though; at the exact moment he got rumbled he then claimed he was closing down his company and couldn't work any more due to poor health (probably brought on by being discovered for being a scam artist!). Given he lied about the authenticity of his products there's every chance he lied about his health as well.

As stated above, if he'd never got discovered he'd probably still be busy sampling Native Instruments products and releasing them as ReFills under his own branding.

moneykube

08 Jul 2019

I spent hours making patches for him I will never be able to use for collosus
:exclamation: :shock: :puf_unhappy:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information