Best / Most natural trumpet sound?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Fooltooth

18 May 2019

Hi all,

I'm doing work on a bunch of songs that include some trumpet parts, and I am looking for suggestions on the best / most natural sounding trumpet sounds available in Reason, either as part of its own VST, or as a Refill.

At present, I've got all the trumpet stuff that comes loaded with Reason 10 already, as well as the Softphonics EmbouchuRe brass instruments combinators / refills. I've also got the ChamberTron VST. All of those have a lot of good sounds, but I can't seem to find any trumpet sounds that don't come across as ...well, synth-y. ;)

Obviously, we're working with synthetic stuff, so it's always going to have a bit of that, but I wanted to check on here to see if some kind of badass new horn program exists that sounds amazing and naturalistic right out of the box, before I start really digging into settings.

All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

two shoes

18 May 2019

it turned out most of the softphonics stuff was ripped off Kontakt libraries so the embouchre sounds are going to be sampled not synthesized if i'm not mistaken. same with chamberton to some degree as the instrument the sounds are taken from used tape samples not synthesis as such. that said, i understand what you mean about wanting something more natural/real sounding - a kontakt library is probably going to be your best bet for that kind of thing though i can't reccomend anything specific for trumpets. if you google around though there'll be lot's of recomendations out there - maybe try the KVR forums to start with.

OldGoat

19 May 2019

Mentioned several times in different posts:

https://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products_trumpet.php

Fooltooth

20 May 2019

Thanks for both of those recommendations! It's much appreciated. :-)

two shoes

20 May 2019

not a trumpe, not some trumpets, THE TRUMPET. 3. Seriously though, if you need realer trumpets than that you might be a Dr. of Trumpets. Not all of the free Kontakt player stuff is up to this standard iirc.

Noplan
Competition Winner

20 May 2019

:puf_wink:

• Information