Help. Inability to download.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
NLAlston

02 Apr 2019

I just recently upgraded from Reason 9.5 to version 10, and have not been able to download the loop supply content. I got everything else, but not what was just mentioned. Nine (yes, NINE) times I went through the download process but, each time, the 2.58gb package froze its download away the 2.0gb mark. I had even attempted to download Reason 10, again, to install it after removing the one on my system. That download was 3.6gb, and i was only able to through to 2.0gb of THAT download.

Would ANYONE have an idea as to what I can do defeat this problem? Sweetwater is willing to refund my money, but I REALLY want to be able to keep this version (10) of Reason.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2019

Are you downloading from Sweetwater or from Propellerheads website?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

NLAlston

03 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2019
First, thank you for replying.
Actually, I had been trying to get the mentioned contents via the software's 'Windows/ Manage Contents' area. As far as another installation of the program, itself, is concerned, I had attempted to download that directly from the Propellerhead website.

NLAlston

03 Apr 2019

Maybe I should mention, also, that I encountered inescapable issues trying to download the software from Sweetwater's provided direction. Consequently, I had no recourse but to download the trial version, from Propellerhead, and utilize the licensing information which had been purchased from Sweetwater. Might that be the cause of what I am having to deal with?

fullforce

04 Apr 2019

NLAlston wrote:
03 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2019
Actually, I had been trying to get the mentioned contents via the software's 'Windows/ Manage Contents' area. As far as another installation of the program, itself, is concerned, I had attempted to download that directly from the Propellerhead website.
Are you sure you have enough free diskspace to download it on?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

NLAlston

04 Apr 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Apr 2019
NLAlston wrote:
03 Apr 2019

Are you sure you have enough free diskspace to download it on?
Yes, indeed. In fact, I have just over 160gb free space on my hard drive. This matter REALLY has me flabbergasted, and it seems like no one else has experienced similar. Yes, I could revert back to Reason 9.5, but the new stuff in Reason 10 is (IMHO) WELL WORTH the upgrade cost. Methinks, now, that the issue may NOT be software related because, if it was, there would have been many more people screaming about broken/ incomplete downloads. So, that leads me to feel that there's something out of whack with my laptop, itself
Whatever the case, though, i'm truly hoping that someone might have an idea about not only what it IS - but, also, how to go about defeating the condition.

Loque

04 Apr 2019

Just an idea...maybe connection is too slow and someone kicks you out. You tried via torrent? Or tried a different DNS, which is often a root cause for slow connections.
Reason12, Win10

ScuzzyEye

04 Apr 2019

NLAlston wrote:
04 Apr 2019
So, that leads me to feel that there's something out of whack with my laptop, itself
Whatever the case, though, i'm truly hoping that someone might have an idea about not only what it IS - but, also, how to go about defeating the condition.
The 2GB number stands out. Because it's 2^31, or the maximum value you can store in a signed (±) integer.

What web browser are you using? Some older ones are not able to download files larger than exactly 2GB. The limit can also happen based on the web server. But if it were the latter I'd expect, as you said, others would be complaining about the issue too. I'd just try a different browser as a first step.

Heigen5

04 Apr 2019

Only time when my download failed was because my firewall and antivirus caused it. When I disabled them both I was able to get my downloading completed.

moneykube

08 Apr 2019

had issues with server and of course 2 gig monster re's
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information