What and when was the last Refill you bought?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

Just wondering.
I’m still buying them despite efforts not to.
My last was King of Kongs a couple of days ago and it made me happy :).

Soeno
Posts: 174
Joined: 09 Dec 2017

Post 23 Jan 2019

Luftrum 17 for Grain as it comes out

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1650
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 23 Jan 2019

Zero Point Energy from Quixotic Sound Design
2018-04-15

I like it. I've been using it here and there in my tunes lately.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 281
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

Lectric Panda's Fritz Granular Engine during the sale. It's great and fun, but I am still learning (and probably never gonna understand it completely :D )

Yesterday I also won CustomVibe by Turn2On, it's fantastic for guitars and synth leads. Experimentation phase still running.


I'm stupid. ReFills, not REs. Sorry.
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

diminished wrote:
23 Jan 2019
Lectric Panda's Fritz Granular Engine during the sale. It's great and fun, but I am still learning (and probably never gonna understand it completely :D )

Yesterday I also won CustomVibe by Turn2On, it's fantastic for guitars and synth leads. Experimentation phase still running.
Ha ha. They’re both REs man. It’s Refills I was asking about :).

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 281
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jan 2019
Ha ha. They’re both REs man. It’s Refills I was asking about :).
Yeah I just realized. Forget what I said :roll: :)
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

User avatar
Electric-Metal
Posts: 545
Joined: 10 Dec 2015
Location: Landstuhl, Germany

Post 23 Jan 2019

eXode ONE Trance Soundset

2017-03-01
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 347
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 23 Jan 2019

The most recent I bought was the Bitley Fairlight refill which is great. During the December sale I also bought Digital Genome and the Nordic Red one and I like them both. I would very much recommend the world refill bundle, it is a great deal.
:reason: 10 on Win10

User avatar
Oquasec
Posts: 2209
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Post 23 Jan 2019

Well there's no date since I frequent propellerhead shop & make my own refills
Producer/Sound Designer.

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

Adabler wrote:
23 Jan 2019
The most recent I bought was the Bitley Fairlight refill which is great. During the December sale I also bought Digital Genome and the Nordic Red one and I like them both. I would very much recommend the world refill bundle, it is a great deal.
Had Fairlight since platinum. I finally bought Synclavier 1 and 2. The world refill bundle, as you say, is great. I really like the Scandinavian one :).

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 347
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 23 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jan 2019
I really like the Scandinavian one :).
Yes, that was my main motivation for getting it. There is a lot great stuff in there, like the highland harp and all the percussion.
:reason: 10 on Win10

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 281
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

Ok I just bought the Bundlesrepublik Elektronika from Bitley. Actually my first Refill ever, if you don't count the Zampled Strings I got with that Rig 3 during the sale.
I'm super stoked already, and from what I've read I can't even fathom how much goodness is in there. Do you guys have it (or Way Beyond Fairlight) and how do you like it?
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

diminished wrote:
23 Jan 2019
Ok I just bought the Bundlesrepublik Elektronika from Bitley. Actually my first Refill ever, if you don't count the Zampled Strings I got with that Rig 3 during the sale.
I'm super stoked already, and from what I've read I can't even fathom how much goodness is in there. Do you guys have it (or Way Beyond Fairlight) and how do you like it?
I think most of the people on here know I like Bitley's stuff. Oh yes I do :)
All good :).
From previous experience though Patrick will probably jump in any moment soon to tell you how good it is himself ha ha. (sorry Patrick...couldn't resist)

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 281
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jan 2019
diminished wrote:
23 Jan 2019
Ok I just bought the Bundlesrepublik Elektronika from Bitley. Actually my first Refill ever, if you don't count the Zampled Strings I got with that Rig 3 during the sale.
I'm super stoked already, and from what I've read I can't even fathom how much goodness is in there. Do you guys have it (or Way Beyond Fairlight) and how do you like it?
I think most of the people on here know I like Bitley's stuff. Oh yes I do :)
All good :).
From previous experience though Patrick will probably jump in any moment soon to tell you how good it is himself ha ha. (sorry Patrick...couldn't resist)
Haha, I wouldn't mind that at all since a) I actually believe it too from all I've read and heard and b) if it means I get a download link and can play around with it this evening!! Cmon I gotta go to sleep soon, don't kill the hype! :lol:
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Jan 2019

diminished wrote:
23 Jan 2019

Haha, I wouldn't mind that at all since a) I actually believe it too from all I've read and heard and b) if it means I get a download link and can play around with it this evening!! Cmon I gotta go to sleep soon, don't kill the hype! :lol:
He’s usually pretty fast so you’ll get it soon. And it really is worth the wait :).

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1019
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 24 Jan 2019

Thanks guys, lovely feedback! :-)

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 794
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 24 Jan 2019

I can't remember if my last was Bitley's or SKP... one of those two. I still buy, love and use refills.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Jan 2019

bitley wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Thanks guys, lovely feedback! :-)
Because you’re worth it :)

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Jan 2019

Catblack wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I can't remember if my last was Bitley's or SKP... one of those two. I still buy, love and use refills.
Which SKP? :)

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 794
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 24 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Catblack wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I can't remember if my last was Bitley's or SKP... one of those two. I still buy, love and use refills.
Which SKP? :)
I think I picked up Antidote Memories and Aesthetic Flow? I have all the SKP refills. I picked up WBF R2 from Bitley, before that I think.

I love refills because I usually want to just go in and play a melody or something rather than tweak noises. Sometimes flipping through a refill I can get some inspiration, too. Which is why I love (SKP and Soundcells too,) because frequently I find that their sound design has patches that really fit together with each other.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Jan 2019

Catblack wrote:
24 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jan 2019


Which SKP? :)
I think I picked up Antidote Memories and Aesthetic Flow? I have all the SKP refills. I picked up WBF R2 from Bitley, before that I think.

I love refills because I usually want to just go in and play a melody or something rather than tweak noises. Sometimes flipping through a refill I can get some inspiration, too. Which is why I love (SKP and Soundcells too,) because frequently I find that their sound design has patches that really fit together with each other.
Same here. Would you recommend SKP then?

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 831
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2019

I think I've only bought two... Reason Drum Kits 2 and BFD. now that I can use Addictive Drums in Reason though, there doesn't seem to be much need for me to even look at Refills. they could maybe find a better way to market them, maybe--after Rack Extensions and VSTs, they seem to have become almost an afterthought for some people.

User avatar
craven
Posts: 599
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jan 2019
Just wondering.
I’m still buying them despite efforts not to.
My last was King of Kongs a couple of days ago and it made me happy :).
yes, that is a great one!

I also bought the Luftrum 17 one for grain.
:ugeek:

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
24 Jan 2019
...they seem to have become almost an afterthought for some people.
Yeah. I thought that too. That’s why I posted this. I still like refills in any case.

MrFigg
Posts: 1627
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 24 Jan 2019

craven wrote:
24 Jan 2019

I also bought the Luftrum 17 one for grain.
I’ve been wondering about that one. A lot of people seem to like it. Thing is I find Grain sounds good whatever sample I fire into it anyway.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest