King of Kongs? Thoughts?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

King of Kongs refill by Jiggery Pokery? Anybody here got it or use it? If so is there any chance you could tell me what you make of it. It’s old, it’s cheap, it’s big and it’s got a lot of sampled vintage stuff. Don’t really know what I’m waiting for. I know I’m going to buy it anyway. But I’d like to hear what you think anyway :). Thanks for any input.

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2188
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jan 2019

I like it! RaymondH loves it! ;)

D.

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
19 Jan 2019
I like it! RaymondH loves it! ;)

D.
You couldn't do me a favour and go in on his site and see if there's a buy button? I see a box with an x but it just takes me to a blank page. Have tried on two different browsers without success.

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2188
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jan 2019

What happens if you click the empty box? On mobile here ATM, but seems to do something.

D.

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
19 Jan 2019
What happens if you click the empty box? On mobile here ATM, but seems to do something.

D.
When I click on the box a new page opens with nothing on it. Totally blank. Both on iPhone and on Microsoft edge. I've dropped him an email but I'm not expecting a reply before Monday.
This is the link that the box leads to and I'm guessing it should be something to do with buying as it includes the word "sell".
http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/dlg/sell. ... pp%2C1%2C5

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 19 Jan 2019

Love the Kong patches
It shows up at the shop, acts normal and says download. I'm on Safari.
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

motuscott wrote:
19 Jan 2019
Love the Kong patches
It shows up at the shop, acts normal and says download. I'm on Safari.
Yeah. Shows up in the Propellerheads shop. I’m talking about Jiggery Pokery’s own website. Does that work for you as well?

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 19 Jan 2019

It does not
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

motuscott wrote:
19 Jan 2019
It does not
Thanks. Guess I'll just need to wait until Monday.

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2188
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jan 2019
motuscott wrote:
19 Jan 2019
It does not
Thanks. Guess I'll just need to wait until Monday.
Getting the white screen here as well. :/

D.

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
19 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
19 Jan 2019


Thanks. Guess I'll just need to wait until Monday.
Getting the white screen here as well. :/

D.
Thanks for checking. :)

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2188
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jan 2019

Thanks for checking. :)
:thumbs_up:

D.

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jan 2019

Looking at the list of stuff that’s included under Effects Only there’s a number of Line6 patches. Do they still work seeing as the amps have since been removed from Reason?

User avatar
LarsK
Posts: 54
Joined: 20 Jun 2015

Post 20 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jan 2019
King of Kongs refill by Jiggery Pokery? Anybody here got it or use it?
King of Kongs in here - still using this refill at lot:


User avatar
JiggeryPokery
Posts: 951
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2019

Sadly, a host-mandated PHP update broke my DLGuard install last year, hence why the purchase links are broken. I didn't nuke it as I presumed it would get fixed in short shrift (I did email DLGuard about it at the time). At this point I suppose it might never get fixed, and it really doesn't sell enough when working to be worth the investment switching either host (which would likely be to the latest PHP anyway) or finding and buying an alternative secure shop system that's compatible, so I probably should just update the site and remove them at this point. Apologies for the confusion - I've just been too distracted to think about my terrible old website ;)

Kings of Kong is still available on the Propellerhead website. I appreciate it costs a little more from them, but in fact I earn less per sale than a direct purchase from my site.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/pro ... s-of-kong/

cheers
Matt

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jan 2019

Bought it. Tried it. Liked it. :)

User avatar
eusti
Posts: 2188
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jan 2019
Bought it. Tried it. Liked it. :)
:thumbs_up:

D.

User avatar
tobypearce
Posts: 365
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Post 20 Jan 2019

King of Kongs is quite good. The 808 or 909 samples (can't remember which) are a bit fried though, so I've never bought myself to think of the refill as an authoritative source.

MrFigg
Posts: 1172
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jan 2019

tobypearce wrote:
20 Jan 2019
King of Kongs is quite good. The 808 or 909 samples (can't remember which) are a bit fried though, so I've never bought myself to think of the refill as an authoritative source.
I’ve got about a thousand 808 and 909 sample variants so not too bothered. What’s cool are those old preprogrammed rhythm machines with buttons, big dials and teac encasements. Bossa, pop, waltz and rock :).

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1091
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
19 Jan 2019
I like it! RaymondH loves it! ;)

D.
Haha yes indeed :)

These days I tend to bypass some of the Kong effects for the patches (I don't really like the Kong reverb), and route kick, snare etc to separate mix channels for processing, but what I really like is the consistent drum pad mapping across each of the vintage kits.

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1179
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 20 Jan 2019

raymondh wrote:
20 Jan 2019
eusti wrote:
19 Jan 2019
I like it! RaymondH loves it! ;)

D.
Haha yes indeed :)

These days I tend to bypass some of the Kong effects for the patches (I don't really like the Kong reverb), and route kick, snare etc to separate mix channels for processing, but what I really like is the consistent drum pad mapping across each of the vintage kits.
^^ Indeed. It's such a simple thing but rarely done consistently. It really is a workflow killer when say pad2 is sometimes a snare, sometimes a hi-hat, etc.

dustmoses
Posts: 197
Joined: 04 Oct 2015

Post 30 Jan 2019

Not my favorite drum refill but it IS my favorite drum machine refill, lot of great boxes.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests