Commercial Refills: done over a lunchtime?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Posts: 769
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 10 Nov 2018

darkdogstudios wrote:
10 Nov 2018
It is a rather provocative attitude, so it's hardly surprising that sound designers react a tad defensively. ;)
What was provocative about what I said? Not my intention at all with this post. No attitude in there. Really not. What I said was not a personal attack on any particular developer. I’m certainly not out to hurt feelings or damage sales. My main point was that there are commercial refills out there which in my opinion would appear to have been made with minimal effort as compared to other truly fantastic soundbanks in which the makers have clearly put a lot of time, energy and dedication. I support the format and have over the years bought and paid for a lot of sounds. I know by now pretty much who I can rely on to deliver a quality package. But as a consumer I get frustrated when I pay money for a product only to find that nearly every patch in the refill sounds the same. I made the thread to hear other users points of view on the subject.

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2208
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 11 Nov 2018

Yes you can only ReFills that were quality checked by the Props. Although they work with 3rd parties, it's their shop and these are there customers really. A ReFill maker selling it's ReFills at Propellerhead has one customer: Propellerhead. Same as for Apple App Store etc.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

MrFigg
Posts: 769
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
09 Nov 2018
When I create my Dopetank refills, I really wouldn't even bother to create em, if I wouldn't do my best to fill them with professional sounds. I've also provided lots of free sounds, so people know my work really well.
I'm not wasting time to create thousands of sounds, that almost all sound the same. But hey, the market is pretty much like dead, it's been so for years.
Just tried your demos man and I've got to agree with you . Some really nice sounds. There'll definitely be coming a subscription your way soon :).
One question though...when I try to open the Grain patches in the Subscription Demo refill I'm getting that horrible Locate Missing Sounds Window and searching the Samples folder just results in Sounds Not Found. I can open the samples folder and drag in the sounds to Grain and that works fine. Any ideas? I seem to remember having this problem before with another refill. :)

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 228
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Lõvi-isa

Post 11 Nov 2018

MrFigg wrote:
11 Nov 2018
Heigen5 wrote:
09 Nov 2018
When I create my Dopetank refills, I really wouldn't even bother to create em, if I wouldn't do my best to fill them with professional sounds. I've also provided lots of free sounds, so people know my work really well.
I'm not wasting time to create thousands of sounds, that almost all sound the same. But hey, the market is pretty much like dead, it's been so for years.
Just tried your demos man and I've got to agree with you . Some really nice sounds. There'll definitely be coming a subscription your way soon :).
One question though...when I try to open the Grain patches in the Subscription Demo refill I'm getting that horrible Locate Missing Sounds Window and searching the Samples folder just results in Sounds Not Found. I can open the samples folder and drag in the sounds to Grain and that works fine. Any ideas? I seem to remember having this problem before with another refill. :)
Jesus, thanks for pointing out the Grain problem, should be fixed now, please replace the refill: www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/Dopetank% ... Refill.rfl

And thanks for checking out my demos, glad you liked some of the sounds. ;)

MrFigg
Posts: 769
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
11 Nov 2018
Jesus, thanks for pointing out the Grain problem, should be fixed now, please replace the refill: www.reflexion-x.com/downloads/Dopetank% ... Refill.rfl

And thanks for checking out my demos, glad you liked some of the sounds. ;)
No problem :). Thanks yourself :).
And yes...really nice sounds.

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 717
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 11 Nov 2018

I currently only sell via my site. Propellerhead do like my work (Mattias HG even made a demo & review on Youtube just before he began working there, it should still be up?) but I have not yet started selling the stuff on their site.

JdA57
Posts: 36
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 11 Nov 2018

bitley wrote:
11 Nov 2018
I currently only sell via my site. Propellerhead do like my work (Mattias HG even made a demo & review on Youtube just before he began working there, it should still be up?) but I have not yet started selling the stuff on their site.
normally thats ok, but I, as a user of your ReFill never got an info from you if there is an update or what the difference between some new version and that one I bought. Then you change in a ReFill some order / Folders ...

Last time I'd to contacted you, to know what happens and if there is an update etc. ... ... since that time: again no information.

I'm really so unhappy with your support, so I deleted all refills from you and finished. I think, if you've as so much problems with support, maybe it's better you sell your Refills on props-shop (withoout wining because money and deals ;) )

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 717
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 11 Nov 2018

Sorry to hear that! I try to be supportive and get the info out. If you email me (so I can check your order history) I might be able to sort out any question marks & send you some new sounds for free. Ok?

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 717
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 12 Nov 2018

What the hell am I doing in this thread anyway?

MrFigg
Posts: 769
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 Nov 2018

bitley wrote:
12 Nov 2018
What the hell am I doing in this thread anyway?
Wondered that myself. Everyone knows your refills are up there with the good ones :).
Anyway, I think you’ve had enough praise from me on this forum for a while. :).

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 717
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 12 Nov 2018

Never enough Sir! :D

Btw. I just realised that my banks together contain towards 10,000 patches, and I spent up to 3-4 hours on an individual patch at times. It must be the coffee and the northern climate, but our lunch breaks certainly seems to last longer. :D

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 13 Nov 2018

Wow, a couple of hours? lol That would be nice. The Pop refill I have just finished for newloops.com has taken about a month and that is working on it for hours every day. It takes me at least 1 or 2 days to convert all rex files and make NNXT, dr.octorex patches. If you are buying refills that sound like they were made in 2 hours you need to change your supplier! :) BTW, our newest Techno Refill (Techno Master Tool box) took about 2 months of work.
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

User avatar
faun2500
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Sep 2015

Post 13 Nov 2018

sonicbyte wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Props and devs should provide a demo video in the shop - and not only an audio demo where you can't tell what is from refill and what is other devices - that showcase at least ten or twenty presets of every refill. Isn't that hard to do and could lead more sales, so is a win win for everyone.

My two cents
We do demos, but only on our website - https://newloops.com/collections/reason-refills

Props shops doesn't offer them. I think demo packs are important
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest