Free Dark/Noisy Europa Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
modecca

24 Jul 2018

These are just 58 related patches I banged out in a few hours, exploring Europa seriously for the first time.

Updated Patches to include 26 combinators :

https://we.tl/QiCbOm9UO3
Last edited by modecca on 25 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🔗💥

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Jul 2018

love it

qn5

25 Jul 2018

Awesome! Thank you so much.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

modecca

25 Jul 2018

rcbuse wrote:
24 Jul 2018
love it
qn5 wrote:
25 Jul 2018
Awesome! Thank you so much.
Thanks guys.
This is an updated patch file, including 26 combinators that basically take 2 patches from the previous folder and layer them.
In the combinators, I included a Morfin XF Crossfader, so I can move the fader closer to the patch that suits my particular need, when I am making a track with these crazy patches.

https://we.tl/QiCbOm9UO3
🔗💥

anko

26 Jul 2018

Thanks man! ;)

moneykube

27 Jul 2018

very kind... thanx
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

modecca

27 Jul 2018

anko wrote:
26 Jul 2018
Thanks man! ;)
moneykube wrote:
27 Jul 2018
very kind... thanx
Your welcome, thanks for checking it out.
As Auryn pointed out there is a heavy use of Europa's S/H effect (bit crush) used on these patches and I think Europa's distortion section in general, helps this synth out a lot.
Here is another track I made with this impromptu refill.
🔗💥

Auryn

27 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
27 Jul 2018
As Auryn pointed out there is a heavy use of Europa's S/H effect (bit crush) used on these patches and I think Europa's distortion section in general, helps this synth out a lot.
Here is another track I made with this impromptu refill.
I hadn't actually gotten round to posting here yet but yeah, I noticed you were using it a lot in the later patches. It does sound good but for a polysynth-minded dude like myself it's kind of a poor man's solution because the distortion/bit reduction is not applied on a per-voice basis, but over the mix of all voices (which overloads the distortion rather quickly when playing chords). In contrast for example Zero has a bit reduction built into filter 1 and can be modulated per voice to get some novel effects. That said, Europa does have a filter drive which can be used to add some grit to the sounds. I'm still very much exploring the synth though, so getting a look inside your sound design adventures is certainly helpful in getting my bearings.

Edit: that's a nice track btw... I have noticed that Europa seems to work well for bass sounds which you've used to good effect here.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

modecca

27 Jul 2018

Auryn wrote:
27 Jul 2018

I hadn't actually gotten round to posting here yet but yeah, I noticed you were using it a lot in the later patches. It does sound good but for a polysynth-minded dude like myself it's kind of a poor man's solution because the distortion/bit reduction is not applied on a per-voice basis, but over the mix of all voices (which overloads the distortion rather quickly when playing chords). In contrast for example Zero has a bit reduction built into filter 1 and can be modulated per voice to get some novel effects. That said, Europa does have a filter drive which can be used to add some grit to the sounds. I'm still very much exploring the synth though, so getting a look inside your sound design adventures is certainly helpful in getting my bearings.
Interesting point, bitcrush at the end of the path could have a muddy result and your point also puts the distributor RE in a new light for me.
I wonder what various effects (or effect chains) would sound like if each voice was given its own version of the effect (or effect chain), with many voices being used.
Like I wonder if it would make much difference in clarity with reverb for example, distortion is obvious but still interesting to experiment with.
🔗💥

Auryn

27 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
27 Jul 2018
Interesting point, bitcrush at the end of the path could have a muddy result and your point also puts the distributor RE in a new light for me.
I wonder what various effects (or effect chains) would sound like if each voice was given its own version of the effect (or effect chain), with many voices being used.
Like I wonder if it would make much difference in clarity with reverb for example, distortion is obvious but still interesting to experiment with.
Yeah, that one of the main points of interest of the Polymodular System and modular synth design in general for me. You can create truly novel oscillator-effect chains. IIRC I once sent you a mockup of a modular Oberon refill that explores this idea somewhat. The problem is that building polyphonic modular setups is time consuming and they don't all produce equally interesting results. But it's fun to muck about with from time to time.

There a a few patches in Zero Point Energy that use the polyphonic bitcrush idea if you want to check it out btw. Off the top of my head "sputnik" in pads is one, and "lovecraft" somewhere in the poly section is another.

But back to the topic of Europa... you can apply all sorts of per-voice shaping/distortion effects there using the modifiers, but the effects are realized within the additive engine so the resulting sound will not be as "extreme" in most cases IMHO (e.g. it's still just a bunch of sines, hence the lack of perceived "grit")
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

DrGOA®

02 Sep 2018

Here is what tells me, wnen I click on the link:
Attachments
Без име.png
Без име.png (78.31 KiB) Viewed 2878 times

Ahornberg

02 Sep 2018

DrGOA® wrote:
02 Sep 2018
same here :puf_unhappy:

artmessiah

09 Sep 2018

DrGOA® wrote:
02 Sep 2018
same :|

Ahornberg

10 Sep 2018

These patches are so dark, we can't find them.

DiZo

10 Nov 2018

link dead, an other?

thanks

Skimrok

30 Sep 2019

dam looks like i missed these
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

• Information