David Gilmours sweet guitar

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MindTheft

05 Jun 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for a patch that sounds like David Gilmours guitar in the intro of Shine On You Crazy Diamond,
from 1:05 in this vid:

I've got a lot of empty folders in the Factory Sound Bank, maybe I've already got one, or nearly one that can be tweaked, but I'm still too green to know which instrument would have it, could anyone point me to it? Or do I need to get a sample pack from somewhere?

Cheers :)

normen

05 Jun 2018

It should be the one that's got Gilmours hand ;) But seriously, it's more about how the bend is executed than the actual sound, like the timing and intonation - the general "curve" of the bend(s) plus the vibrato. A generic "Fender Neck" sound with delay should do sound wise, really.

Catblack

05 Jun 2018

There is a Gilmour patch in Jiggery-Pokery Guitars 1 - Stratocaster, which is also available in the Props shop as part of a bundle. It sounds pretty good, but you may want to play around with the 'Strat Edge' patch in the FSB too.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

ShawnG

05 Jun 2018

A strat on the neck pickup, into a clean but really loud tube amplifier on the verge of distortion, with a hint of phasing, and some delay, amp should be loud enough so that there is a bit of natural feedback creeping into the tone. Its really hard to simulate the playing and sound with a vi unless you are just going for the slow arpeggios he starts with. A lot of guitar tone is in the fingers of the guitarist, and Gilmour is a king of tone.

moneykube

06 Jun 2018

"I've got a lot of empty folders in the Factory Sound Bank" ????
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MindTheft

07 Jun 2018

Guys, I'm going to have to show myself up as a dope now, I'm going to need step-by-step help, what happens after right-clicking, and selecting "instrument"? :oops:

I've looked in the NN-XT samples folders, there's one for "Guitar and Plucked" with sub-folders for loads of instruments, but they're all empty. Not sure what I need to do...

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that Propellerhead have kindly decanted the folders, and placed the sounds a short scroll away under the folders. I am now playing around with strat sounds. Cheers.
(what a tool)

dimi

09 Jun 2018

Hey its Dimi here :)
Please check out the soundcloud sample and you can download the combinator for Reason here:
https://dimitones.wordpress.com/2018/06 ... ombinator/
I'm using Kuassa's compressor and Vermilion Amp.
Please adjust your input and reverb levels to match your guitar and pickups.
Best!

moneykube

10 Jun 2018

thank you dimi :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information