How To Load Third Party Patches For NNXT?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
highmarcs

05 Mar 2018

I purchased a loop/sample library that has a collection of patches for NNXT, but there is no proper installer. All the install directions tell me is that I can put the patches anywhere on my hard drive. What I can't figure out is how to actually get the patches/library into Reason/NNXT to actually use them. I've searched everywhere on my Mac, and I can find no folder anywhere on my hard drive that contains the factory patches for NNXT that comes with Reason. I have no idea where to put these patches or how to get them into Reason/NNXT.

How do I load third party libraries like this in Reason/NNXT?

Thanks.

Electric-Metal

05 Mar 2018

Assuming it's a Refill, you just need to navigate to the desired folder via Reasons file browser.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

highmarcs

05 Mar 2018

No. It's literally just a folder with little orange and green icons that all end in a .sxt file extension. Is there a way to put a picture in responses here?

QVprod

05 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
05 Mar 2018
No. It's literally just a folder with little orange and green icons that all end in a .sxt file extension. Is there a way to put a picture in responses here?
Whether it's a Refill or just a folder with .sxt presets doesn't matter. Place the folder wherever you wish. You simply just need to navigate to that folder location in Reason.

highmarcs

05 Mar 2018

QVprod wrote:
05 Mar 2018

Whether it's a Refill or just a folder with .sxt presets doesn't matter. Place the folder wherever you wish. You simply just need to navigate to that folder location in Reason.
I've done that, but every time I attempt to load one of the patches I get a "sounds could not be found" pop up and I end up having to search files/folders. Is that really what I have to do for third party patches... every... single... time I load one? That seems wrong.

Electric-Metal

05 Mar 2018

Ah, now I get it. Since the NN-XT is a sampler the "sounds could not be found" message indicates that the samples used to create these patches are missing. So I think there should have been a folder containing the required samples in your download.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

QVprod

05 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
05 Mar 2018
QVprod wrote:
05 Mar 2018

I've done that, but every time I attempt to load one of the patches I get a "sounds could not be found" pop up and I end up having to search files/folders. Is that really what I have to do for third party patches... every... single... time I load one? That seems wrong.
Ah ok. That's an issue caused by the developer of the samples. Patches were created with the samples in a separate folder on the developer's computer, so the presets don't know to look for the samples in the same folder. You can easily fix this by re-saving (overwriting is fine) the patches after loading them.

highmarcs

05 Mar 2018

I have put the samples folder in the same folder as the NNXT .sxt files. Still... when I go to load any patch, I get a "sounds could not be found" pop up. That folder is labeled "samples" and still... Reason can't find it.

United South

05 Mar 2018

Have you tried loading the samples from the bottom half of the NNXT? One shots load at the bottom of the nnxt.

QVprod

05 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
05 Mar 2018
I have put the samples folder in the same folder as the NNXT .sxt files. Still... when I go to load any patch, I get a "sounds could not be found" pop up. That folder is labeled "samples" and still... Reason can't find it.
You misunderstood my last post. It isn't about you moving the samples to the same folder. You have to save the patches again after loading them so that it remembers the location.

highmarcs

06 Mar 2018

[/quote]

You misunderstood my last post. It isn't about you moving the samples to the same folder. You have to save the patches again after loading them so that it remembers the location.
[/quote]

Ok. I tried that man. Still doesn't work for me. I load a patch, find the sounds and then resave the patch. Then when I go back to load that patch, I get the same "sounds not found" pop up. Resaving the patch after loading doesn't seem to do anything.

QVprod

06 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
06 Mar 2018

Ok. I tried that man. Still doesn't work for me. I load a patch, find the sounds and then resave the patch. Then when I go back to load that patch, I get the same "sounds not found" pop up. Resaving the patch after loading doesn't seem to do anything.
That's odd. I just double checked by creating a patch and then moving the sample. Reloading creates that dialogue to which I locate the sample and resave. Next time I load the patch it knows where the sample is. Something's off on your end. Sounds as if Reason can't automatically find whatever folder you put the samples in. Do you have any duplicate folder names by any chance? And of course you're loading and resaving the same patch?

dustmoses

07 Mar 2018

Like QVprod said make sure the folder is right. You want to save the patch in the folder it's already in (overwrite it.)

tobypearce

07 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
06 Mar 2018

This shouldn't happen.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Namyo85

20 Mar 2018

highmarcs wrote:
05 Mar 2018
Try putting the samples in the same folder 'as' the .sxt file as opposed to having the samples folder in a folder. Name the folder the same as the patch.

• Information