Granular Manoeuvres - New ReFill for Grain - 250 Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
nickb523
RE Developer

30 Jan 2018

Hey folks,

After a couple of months of blood, sweat, tears and an obsessive attention to detail, my first commercial ReFill product entitled Granular Manoeuvres is ready for release.

Packed full of warm organic tones, twisted film-score textures, lush analogue pads and drifting lofi-downtempo leads. Granular Manoeuvres has a strong focus organic analogue timbres and cinematic soundscapes such as those found on 1990’s Warp Records releases from Boards of Canada, Black Dog Productions, Autechre and Aphex Twin as well as 80’s film soundtracks from Vangelis, John Carpenter, Brad Fiedel et al and late 70’s ambient/avant-garde music from the all the usual suspects.

The Granular Manoeuvres ReFill contains a total of 250 patches including 50 Combinator ensembles and 50 waveforms for Reason 10’s new Grain Sample Manipulator.

Granular Manoeuvres is a collection of:

50 Ambience & texture patches
25 Gritty bass patches
50 Organic leads
50 Lush analogue pads
25 Animated movement patches
50 Combinator ensembles

As well as the single patches you also have 50 powerful Combinator ensembles featuring 2x patch layers with extra effects processing ala Korg workstation Combi mode or Roland and Yamaha’s Performance modes. Simply swap out the Grain elements with any of the included patches and tweak the Combinator controls for near infinite patch possibilities.

All off the ReFill content is built upon 50 Sampled waveforms/wavetables taken from my personal combinator collection containing a slew of Rack Extensions such as Synapse Audio Antidote, Rob Papen’s Predator and Korg’s Polysix as well as a plethora of RE FX and Reason stock devices.

The patches contained within Granular Manoeuvres all sound fantastic right off the bat, and include full velocity sensitivity and mod wheel assignments on every patch throughout the ReFill. All sounds are calibrated to average -12dBFS (VU) to avoid any unwanted sonic surprises.

Granular Manoeuvres is available for now £14.95

Cheers,

Nick Baxter
SKP Sound Design

scratchnsnifff

30 Jan 2018

Awesome! I really am considering making some refills for grain and Europa. How does one go about it? Is the refill creator available to anyone?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

nickb523
RE Developer

30 Jan 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Jan 2018
Awesome! I really am considering making some refills for grain and Europa. How does one go about it? Is the refill creator available to anyone?
Yeah anyone can download the refill packer. It's available on the Propellerhead site. The big problem is making a library of patches that are of a high quality and useful to the end user - Takes longer than you would initially think.

Good luck dude. :)

scratchnsnifff

30 Jan 2018

nickb523 wrote:
30 Jan 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Jan 2018
Yeah anyone can download the refill packer. It's available on the Propellerhead site. The big problem is making a library of patches that are of a high quality and useful to the end user - Takes longer than you would initially think.

Good luck dude. :)
Indeed! I always like preset packs, not to just throw into a song but more so to check out what sorts of modulation can be applied to any given synth. The last refill I got was the one for grain and just the sample library that came with it has made much use. I want to make a library for Europa, I love Europa and all the movement and filtering it can produce. Also am considering a bank for just rythmic and gated patches using the envelopes of the new synths
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

ravisoni

30 Jan 2018

These are actually really great!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

EnochLight

30 Jan 2018

nickb523 wrote:
30 Jan 2018
Hey folks,

After a couple of months of blood, sweat, tears and an obsessive attention to detail, my first commercial ReFill product entitled Granular Manoeuvres is ready for release.

Packed full of warm organic tones, twisted film-score textures, lush analogue pads and drifting lofi-downtempo leads. Granular Manoeuvres has a strong focus organic analogue timbres and cinematic soundscapes such as those found on 1990’s Warp Records releases from Boards of Canada, Black Dog Productions, Autechre and Aphex Twin as well as 80’s film soundtracks from Vangelis, John Carpenter, Brad Fiedel et al and late 70’s ambient/avant-garde music from the all the usual suspects.

The Granular Manoeuvres ReFill contains a total of 250 patches including 50 Combinator ensembles and 50 waveforms for Reason 10’s new Grain Sample Manipulator.

Granular Manoeuvres is a collection of:

50 Ambience & texture patches
25 Gritty bass patches
50 Organic leads
50 Lush analogue pads
25 Animated movement patches
50 Combinator ensembles

As well as the single patches you also have 50 powerful Combinator ensembles featuring 2x patch layers with extra effects processing ala Korg workstation Combi mode or Roland and Yamaha’s Performance modes. Simply swap out the Grain elements with any of the included patches and tweak the Combinator controls for near infinite patch possibilities.

All off the ReFill content is built upon 50 Sampled waveforms/wavetables taken from my personal combinator collection containing a slew of Rack Extensions such as Synapse Audio Antidote, Rob Papen’s Predator and Korg’s Polysix as well as a plethora of RE FX and Reason stock devices.

The patches contained within Granular Manoeuvres all sound fantastic right off the bat, and include full velocity sensitivity and mod wheel assignments on every patch throughout the ReFill. All sounds are calibrated to average -12dBFS (VU) to avoid any unwanted sonic surprises.

Granular Manoeuvres is available for now £14.95

Cheers,

Nick Baxter
SKP Sound Design
As a die-hard fan of 1990’s-era Warp Records/Boards of Canada, I just have to say these patches sound fantastic. Will definitely buy - nice work! Can't wait to slap some CRAPRE2 onto these!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

nickb523
RE Developer

31 Jan 2018

Thanks guys. :)

I have pushed an update today to repair the broken sample file association in both the demo and the full download. Schoolboy error on my part but it's now been fixed. If anyone who purchased the ReFill didn't receive an update email just let me know and i'll send it over to you.

Nick

moneykube

31 Jan 2018

did not get update email... Darryl Miller
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

nickb523
RE Developer

31 Jan 2018

moneykube wrote:
31 Jan 2018
did not get update email... Darryl Miller
Hi Darryl,

I have just sent you an email with an alternative method. Please remember and check your junk/spam folders just incase it’s overlooked.

Cheers,

Nick

moneykube

31 Jan 2018

got it thank-you for the quick fix
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

nickb523
RE Developer

31 Jan 2018

moneykube wrote:
31 Jan 2018
got it thank-you for the quick fix
No problem mate.

If anyone has any issues please email or PM me ASAP so i can get it sorted out. I'm new to this so it will ensure that in future releases these issues don't occur. :)

Next up is a 250 patch bank for Europa and then onto cheaper 100 patch combi expander banks featuring all the Reason 10 instruments and effects. I will also be releasing Rack Extensions, but as i'm not a programmer and the current IDT SDK is quite limited, i'm waiting for further developments (which are on the horizon). At the moment i can offer a lot more via the ReFill format with native devices.

But anyway, long story short. Don't sit in silence, complain and let me fix it. I'm in this for the long haul.

Nick :)

amcjen

01 Feb 2018

Seriously good stuff! You mention Boards of Canada and Autechre and you got my attention. Once I heard your demo I couldn’t unhear it.

Once I upgrade to 10 this will
be a must-buy. Very nice!

eusti

02 Feb 2018

Beautiful sounds!!! Nice!

D.

nickb523
RE Developer

03 Feb 2018

Cheers folks. :)

I cooked up a little synthwavey demo track today -

All sounds used are from the ReFill bar the beats which are from the Reason 10 loop supply.

Nick :)

jayhosking

20 Feb 2018

I picked this up today and am very happy with it so far.

ReasonTalk

26 Feb 2018

The Granular Manoeuvres ReFill by SKP Sounds is a dream. Tons of ambient and washed out sounds in the vein of Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin are at your fingertips in this ReFill. You can pick up the ReFill here for £14.95 (a little under $21).

Check out the article here!

EsotericSound

26 Feb 2018

The patches presented in the demo video are really nice. I may have to pick this up. :)

MikeMcKew

26 Feb 2018

EsotericSound wrote:
26 Feb 2018
The patches presented in the demo video are really nice. I may have to pick this up. :)
I only wish I could've shown them all. But the video would've been hours! They really are all excellent.

Soeno

26 Feb 2018

grain becomes more & more popular
btw we now have 2 threads for this refill

WongoTheSane

28 Feb 2018

By the way, in case you missed it, Mike McKew did a video review of this ReFill:

https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/02/gran ... ll-dreams/

Soundcells

05 Apr 2018

Thumbs up for this great ReFill!

challism

06 Apr 2018

Soeno wrote:
26 Feb 2018
grain becomes more & more popular
btw we now have 2 threads for this refill
Thanks for the heads up on that. I have merged the two threads.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

anko

06 Apr 2018

nice sounds, bought. ;)

• Information