In the air...tonight ?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
reason.fan

16 Feb 2018

Hye
have you ever try to make a sound like the pad in the Phil Collins 's song ?
I've, by the past, found some tips about how to produce it, but i never reach something really "near".
if someone is interested by this challenge...

Loque

16 Feb 2018

Sounds like a organ type of sound. Should be doable with a basic sine wave like stuff and some 16′, 5 1⁄3′, 8′, 4′, 2 2⁄3′, 2′, 1 3⁄5′, 1 1⁄3′ or 1′ sines on top. The pitch is slightly modulated. It is LP filtered. Sounds seem to be synced, so the phase might be adjusted right and not randomly. Sounds quite clean, so the basic waveform must not be changed that much.

I expect the problems may come when playing chords.

Gonna see, what i can create...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

16 Feb 2018

Just fiddled around and come up with something tweakable, that comes quite close (please dont slap me). Play it F2 that seems to be most prominent note.

The patch is quite tweakable in several ways. Just use this mixer slider to add harmonics and the FX to shape the sound.

The patch is probably not the best solution regarding filters and note responses, but its something to start and play with.
Attachments
All Around Modifieable Organ2.zip
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Reason12, Win10

reason.fan

16 Feb 2018

Thanks
I'm gonna try it...

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2018

It was a combination of a prophet 5 and a fender rhodes.

When it comes to recreating 80s sounds, trying to nail it down exactly as it sounds on the record is tough due to various reasons.

I think my patch - although not 100% accurate - is close and has the 'spirit' of the sound.

Here's a mini reason project:
Attachments
In The Air Tonight_Pad_HURRICANE.reason.zip
(660.65 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information