Skullpt Combinator

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
modecca

02 Jan 2018

Last edited by modecca on 10 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🔗💥

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2018

I'm having fun with this! :thumbs_up:

Some of these combi names are hilarious..

modecca

02 Jan 2018

aeox wrote:
02 Jan 2018
I'm having fun with this! :thumbs_up:

Some of these combi names are hilarious..

If 'Twatsville' was one of those funny names you were talking about, thats my wifes maiden name, so easy there pilgram(j/k).

I am really intrigued by this core concept and am still eager to try some things:
-UhbiqP, mutagen, rp distort,audiomatic
-Use the 4 un-used combi knobs to control 4 instances of some reaktor block effect parameters, without having to open up those clumsy windows.
-Put the vocoder in a different spot in the chain

I found the voltsl1 can do patch morphing, but often times it creates impractical results; it better to simple cross fade between two different Skullpt patches with the Groovy Melon.
🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

03 Jan 2018

If I didn't know any better I would say you were Heaven sent. :lol: Good work on this contraption! :D

I used four of your combinator patches in this track. I don't have the RE's but for one section I used kHs ring modulators tuned to different frequencies.

modecca

03 Jan 2018

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
03 Jan 2018
If I didn't know any better I would say you were Heaven sent. :lol: Good work on this contraption! :D

I used four of your combinator patches in this track. I don't have the RE's but for one section I used kHs ring modulators tuned to different frequencies.

Great track as usual sir.

Now I can say Skullpt has been song tested-take that 'Rick' from Austin Texas!
I am confident I hear the ring mod version of the combinator being used over that rubbery sound that is first introduced @ 1:27 and periodically throughout the song.
kHs ring mod is on my list of variations of this combinator I want have availible, as well as Echobode for it's frequency shift and kHs Resonator.
Are there any other areas it is being used?
What is being used @ 2:36, creating that factory machine sound?
🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

03 Jan 2018

Oh I didn't even think of using Echobode when contemplating how to use this. :clap: I'm doing another track today as part of my three day binge so I'll see where this takes me. I might try designing some synth patches with the kHs ring modulators.

Points of Interest
  • Moody drone sound that begins at 00:15
  • Three note synth fill that begins at 00:30
  • Layer for the four note low pad progression at 01:37
  • Rubbery sound at 01:40: subliminal use of layering (lots of things going on with FM4 patch I made on the fly)
  • Metal layer during the break at 04:22
  • Inquiry: metal sound at 02:35 is overdriven delayed hats with 3Plex and Softube Tube Delay

CaliforniaBurrito

03 Jan 2018

Here is a combinator patch I was messing with this morning.

CaliforniaBurrito

04 Jan 2018

All that just for one sound (starts at 00:15). :lol:

modecca

04 Jan 2018

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
04 Jan 2018
All that just for one sound (starts at 00:15). :lol:

Here is some tribal/ noise thing I made, mainly using Skullpt. Come to think of it, if I had more time I could have rapped over this.
🔗💥

• Information