Searching for good Roland Synth Patches for NN-XT

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
pummelfee

01 Jan 2018

Does anyone know were to get good Patches with these old cheesy Roland (JP.. JV..., Juno, D-50 etc) or those Korg M1 Sounds?
I see some on ebay, but are they worth it? Or do you know were to get them in the best quality?

paulred67

01 Jan 2018

One of the best sample-based refills makers.

http://www.reasonbanks.com/
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

QVprod

01 Jan 2018

The only ones that exist are the ones on ebay because it's illegal to sell without Roland's (and Korg for the M1) permission. The thing with Ebay sellers though is most of them don't know how to sample properly. For best quality, Korg actually has an M1 plugin, and if you don't mind paying a subscription, Roland has most if not all of it's vintage synths/romplers on rolandcloud.com . That includes the D50 and the JV1080 which comes with the JV2080 and XV5080 sounds.

raymondh

01 Jan 2018

If you want the Roland sound, I'd suggest;

- ReDominator - Alpha Juno emulation and it's terrific!

- Bitley WBF - Massive Sample library that covers a bunch of things, including Roland D-50, Roland JX-8P/10 sounds.

- PG8X VST. It's free/donationware and an absolutely superb emulation of the Roland JX-8P. Almost indistinguishable from the real JX-8P.

QVprod

01 Jan 2018

raymondh wrote:
01 Jan 2018
If you want the Roland sound, I'd suggest;

- ReDominator - Alpha Juno emulation and it's terrific!

- Bitley WBF - Massive Sample library that covers a bunch of things, including Roland D-50, Roland JX-8P/10 sounds.

- PG8X VST. It's free/donationware and an absolutely superb emulation of the Roland JX-8P. Almost indistinguishable from the real JX-8P.
Totally forgot Bitley has a D-50 refill. I don't own anything from him but going by his reputation, it's probably good. Probably presets he made based off the synth rather than the original presets (he'll probably chime in if I'm wrong) http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/patricks-d-50/. Downside of refill versions of synths of course is that you don't get the full programing capabilities. Not a big deal if you just wan the presets though.

EdGrip

02 Jan 2018

TAL make a free and a paid version of the Juno 6 - the latter is a complete rewrite, so they're independent VSTis.
I have their TAL Sampler, and the Hollowsun library it comes with. The other day I was searching for an M1 library, just so I could use the cheesy house organ sound. I thought "I'll just check the Hollowsun library..." And sure enough there's a small M1 section including that organ. Show me love!

If not for the fact that I've spent far too much on soft synths (for my, er, productivity level) in the past year, I'd definitely pick up the Korg Legacy M1. It's price-to-cheese value is great, particularly on sale. If you don't have Reason 9 or 10, you could use Reaper to build your own NN-XT libraries from the VST instruments. Or maybe even from the demos.

• Information