Is there a similar refill or patch?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
luckytzim

15 Dec 2017

Hello, I would like to know if there a refill or patch similar to the one you hear on 4.15

I know that they use super professional tools but I was wondering if there is a way to get close to that sound. By the way, what kind of synth patch and effect do you think that they used?
Thanks

WongoTheSane

15 Dec 2017

If you mean the pad, it's a flanged pad. Search in the Factory Sounds for "flange" and you'll find lots and lots of flangers. Simply add one of them to any pad sound, tweak a little and you should get there.

You could also add the CF-101 Chorus/Flanger on any pad: crank up Feedback, lower the rate, and set Delay to taste. If you're adding it after a synth, don't forget to enable the "Send mode" switch.

bitley

15 Dec 2017

It’s not a flanger; it’s a phaser. There are several phaser patches in WBF R2 & other refills I’ve made — or you can create your own with say Thor & two phaser modules, one for each output. Begin with a string pad and don’t mix in the phaser fx too much. Set a slow rate and add a noise oscillator on the synth to make the sound more ”wooshy”. There might be some phaser combis in the FSB as well btw.

luckytzim

16 Dec 2017

Many thanks for your replies!

Im not talking about the strings-pads sound but the other one which sounds like a repeating wah wah bass. So, what do you think about that sound?

• Information