Will Line 6 Reason Electric Bass Refill work with Reason 9.x?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
rscheffel2

15 Nov 2017

I would like to get the Line 6 Reason Electric Bass Refill ... but Line 6 is no longer a Bass Amp in Reason 9.x. Reason 9.x is using Softube amps ... not Line 6.

I suspect that the Line 6 Reason Electric Bass Refill will not work with Softube in Reason 9.x.

Any opinions out there?

MannequinRaces

15 Nov 2017

There was an expander refill that had Line 6 patches for REB but the regular REB ReFill works just fine (no Line 6 amps used in it, I just looked). The normal one is just called Reason Electric Bass ReFill... not sure why it's marketed as 'Line 6' unless it was specifically for the expander refill. Hope that helps!

WillyOD

15 Nov 2017

Here's a "workaround" for Line 6 amps:

- Purchase the VST version of Line6 Amps.
- 1) Open Reason 8 and save your .L6T patches
- 2) Open Reason 9-> and replace the Softube amps with VST version of Line6 Amps and then load in your .L6T patch(es).

I'm not sure how Reason decides how and what to replace L6 amps with. It would be nice to get the information about the patch that was used in the original Reason Line 6 Amps, but as long as you have Reason 8 installed you can do this workaround.

Best wishes!
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

QVprod

16 Nov 2017

The Reason Electric Bass refill doesn't use the line 6 amps. It has samples that were recorded through real amps.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Nov 2017

QVprod wrote:
16 Nov 2017
The Reason Electric Bass refill doesn't use the line 6 amps. It has samples that were recorded through real amps.
I don't know of a "Line 6 Reason Electric Bass ReFill", but I did the REB Expander ReFill that took the DI samplesets and ran them through the L6 Bass Amps.

That's largely history at this point, but I did save down all my l6t patches for the L6 VST version. I just need to find the link...

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Nov 2017

rscheffel2 wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I would like to get the Line 6 Reason Electric Bass Refill ... but Line 6 is no longer a Bass Amp in Reason 9.x. Reason 9.x is using Softube amps ... not Line 6.

I suspect that the Line 6 Reason Electric Bass Refill will not work with Softube in Reason 9.x.

Any opinions out there?
If you're refering to Reason Electric Bass Expander, the bass tones for PodFarm are archived here:

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/Freestuff ... _Tones.zip

Original thread and forum-archived attachment:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7500355&p=323300&h ... rm#p323300

• Information