Redrum Techno kit refills ?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Voyager

07 Nov 2017

Hey guys,

I'm having some difficulties to found some Redrum Techno kit refills.
What i found usually is some packs of samples with Kong, NNXT and recycle samples and loops etc... the thing is that i don't want any samples loops, i just want sample as Redrum kits.

Do anyone one have some good links to get some nice Techno Redrum kits ?

Thanks

dustmoses

07 Nov 2017

Bitley dabeat

AttenuationHz

07 Nov 2017

Voyager wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Hey guys,

What i found usually is some packs of samples with Kong, NNXT and recycle samples and loops etc... the thing is that i don't want any samples loops, i just want sample as Redrum kits.

Thanks
Just a small tip for you. Who's to say a sample from a reggae Pack won't work as a sample in a Techno tune or any sound for that matter you'd be surprised of the amount of tunage out there that uses just the low frequency off samples. IMO/personnel preference but I always judge samples by the sound they make. A specific sample pack catered towards Techno might be miles away from what I would be looking for.

Another thing. If you go to song samples in the browser the wav or refill sample will always be there if its loaded on a device. So if there is a specific sample in a kong kit or a slice from a rex loop you can just drop it onto ReDrum. :)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Voyager wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Hey guys,

Thanks
Just a small tip for you. Who's to say a sample from a reggae Pack won't work as a sample in a Techno tune or any sound for that matter you'd be surprised of the amount of tunage out there that uses just the low frequency off samples. IMO/personnel preference but I always judge samples by the sound they make. A specific sample pack catered towards Techno might be miles away from what I would be looking for.

Another thing. If you go to song samples in the browser the wav or refill sample will always be there if its loaded on a device. So if there is a specific sample in a kong kit or a slice from a rex loop you can just drop it onto ReDrum. :)
I know, i often do use other sample than techno labeled for my tracks but i just wanted to be more precise about the kind of music is aimed for.

Other genre of redrum kits are good too. Still i found 24bit redrum kits sample pack to be difficult to found..
dustmoses wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Bitley dabeat
Thanks i'll check out.

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

Otherwise is there a way to load the kong kits sample to the redrum ? If not, how can i "unkit" the kong samples and use them as individual sample to use in redrum ?

mataya

08 Nov 2017

Cluster Sound

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Cluster Sound
Sound libraries are unfortunatelly mostly loops :(

mataya

08 Nov 2017

I don't use loops, but the library contains every single single shot sample that was used for making those loops and in Redrum, Kontakt, Live simpler, and other patch formats.
And the sounds are pretty good. Very useful.

M

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017
I don't use loops, but the library contains every single single shot sample that was used for making those loops and in Redrum, Kontakt, Live simpler, and other patch formats.
And the sounds are pretty good. Very useful.

M
So you mean redrum kits are available as well in those sound libraries ?

mataya

08 Nov 2017

Oh Yeah! Amazing sounds. In the two videos below, you'll see me just switching between all those Redrum patches (of course Redrum has been processed pretty much)

M

Noplan
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Oh Yeah! Amazing sounds. In the two videos below, you'll see me just switching between all those Redrum patches (of course Redrum has been processed pretty much)

M
Your Rack-Setup is minimalstic but so amazingly powerfull. I still don't understand how it exactly works and why every random selection just sounds diffrent but always good. Any chance to get and explore the reason file?

Noplan
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Cluster Sound
Wich library do you youse from cluster sound? Techno bunker?

AttenuationHz

08 Nov 2017

Voyager wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Otherwise is there a way to load the kong kits sample to the redrum ? If not, how can i "unkit" the kong samples and use them as individual sample to use in redrum ?
Yes, If you go to song samples > Assigned samples in the browser the wav or refill sample will always be there if its loaded on a device like Kong. So if there is a specific sample in a kong kit or a slice from a rex loop you can just drop it onto ReDrum and save the kit. :)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017

M
What instruments do you sidechain with Synchronus? only the bass ?

mataya

08 Nov 2017

Noplan wrote:
08 Nov 2017
mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Cluster Sound
Wich library do you youse from cluster sound? Techno bunker?
We bought it in 2010 I think and it's called Cluster Sound -Tech Producer DSP, but I don't see that on their web page any more.
It was on two DVD's if I recall correctly.

mataya

08 Nov 2017

Voyager wrote:
08 Nov 2017
mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017

M
What instruments do you sidechain with Synchronus? only the bass ?
In the first Redrum i play with sounds(changing patches, randomizing the redrum and having a bunch off effects on it) and synchro is there for "sideschaining" those.
Second Redrum is just main a kick, snare, hi hats, rides, and a couple of perc's I guess.

I have those video for a while now and I tried to explain what I'm doing in them a couple of time, but basically you have to "get" the sound first, because just randomizing a few Redrum patches wont work really.

I guess a good idea to start is to fill the nnxt with the sounds you think will work together and after you fill it(the more sounds,the better), try right button and click Automap Zones Chromatically ... this will place each sound on to a separate key.
Then create a matrix and put it on 6 steps and play it to see how the samples work together. I usually like some percussive "tom" style bassy sounds and a few high frequency weird sounds and of course don't forget a chord or two somewhere in it. Compress and sidechain the hell out of it.
Also, what I like to do is to take the multiband splitter and create polar and then fritz(or synchronous) for each band...now just load random patches from Panda's Polar Refill and press random on all three Fritz ...usually I get some pretty useful texturised percussive loops, that I can change in a second or adjust it to make it work... Also, don't forget to play with the global attack and decay on the nnxt.
Of course you can do the same with a Redrum and a few good patches. That's where Cluster collection fits great.

tx
M

Voyager

08 Nov 2017

Ok, so i guess your bass is in the first redrum as well ? so basically you sidechain bass and all kind of fx ?

mataya

08 Nov 2017

There is no bass design really. Bass line just floats out from the samples combination and fx's I guess. A lot of time it doesn't work, but when you hit that one that works, oh man, it would take me so much time if I would to try thinking and designing it trough. That's the beauty of experimenting and randomizing, but you really need to know what you're doing, cos otherwise it could take hours and hours without nothing cool happening.

M

seqoi

19 Nov 2017

mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017

In the first Redrum i play with sounds(changing patches, randomizing the redrum and having a bunch off effects on it) and synchro is there for "sideschaining" those.
Second Redrum is just main a kick, snare, hi hats, rides, and a couple of perc's I guess.

I have those video for a while now and I tried to explain what I'm doing in them a couple of time, but basically you have to "get" the sound first, because just randomizing a few Redrum patches wont work really.

I guess a good idea to start is to fill the nnxt with the sounds you think will work together and after you fill it(the more sounds,the better), try right button and click Automap Zones Chromatically ... this will place each sound on to a separate key.
Then create a matrix and put it on 6 steps and play it to see how the samples work together. I usually like some percussive "tom" style bassy sounds and a few high frequency weird sounds and of course don't forget a chord or two somewhere in it. Compress and sidechain the hell out of it.
Also, what I like to do is to take the multiband splitter and create polar and then fritz(or synchronous) for each band...now just load random patches from Panda's Polar Refill and press random on all three Fritz ...usually I get some pretty useful texturised percussive loops, that I can change in a second or adjust it to make it work... Also, don't forget to play with the global attack and decay on the nnxt.
Of course you can do the same with a Redrum and a few good patches. That's where Cluster collection fits great.

tx
M
Super nice tips. THX

p.s. anyone can recommend some good combi with multiband splitter? I prefer native Reason devices but if some kind of RE multiband splitter is available and recommended please post a link.

kitekrazy

19 Nov 2017

I always but collections of one shots in wav format. Redrum is perfect for this. Make your own kits.

mataya

19 Nov 2017

seqoi wrote:
19 Nov 2017
mataya wrote:
08 Nov 2017

tx
M
Super nice tips. THX

p.s. anyone can recommend some good combi with multiband splitter? I prefer native Reason devices but if some kind of RE multiband splitter is available and recommended please post a link.

AirRaid Audio Elements splitter is great and it's free and Yoko Band Splitter from Unfiltered Audio is also great, but it costs 9bucks. It has steeper slopes, but Elements splitter has pan :)

M

• Information