ReFill Review: A Massive Reason

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
ReasonTalk

30 Oct 2017

This is a first: a ReFill for a VST instrument! SoftPhonics has just published "A Massive Reason", a huge ReFill for Massive owners. Our own Mike McKew reviews it and tests some of the patches. Check the video and the article!

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/10/refi ... ve-reason/

digitalhecht

21 Nov 2017

I don't get it. The website says for Reason 9 and above. If you already own Massive, why not just open directly in Reason (9.5 or above)? Or is it strictly for Reason 9.0 users?

WongoTheSane

21 Nov 2017

digitalhecht wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I don't get it. The website says for Reason 9 and above. If you already own Massive, why not just open directly in Reason (9.5 or above)? Or is it strictly for Reason 9.0 users?
It's for Reason 9.5 obviously as it requires VST integration (and Massive), but the upgrade from 9 to 9.5 being free, anyone with a R9 licence can use it, provided they do upgrade. I think they chose to word it like that because it's "from R9" as opposed to "before R9" (and not as opposed to "until R9.5"). And it's opened directly in Reason (it can't be opened through a standalone version of Massive, as the combinators use several native devices). I hope I'm not adding further confusion :)

bitley

24 Nov 2017

FYI - You site / magazine guys are always free to contact and ask for review copies also from other vendors like myself.

dsaborg

09 Jan 2018

Honestly I don't think these patches are that much more amazing than the built in patches in Reason itself. So all this proves to me is that Reason is already amazing as is and doesn't need VSTs to be great. I guess it's hard to beat the price if you're already a Massive user, then you might as well buy it, but it doesn't make me want to buy the synth just to get these patches.

Skickat från min Pixel 2 XL via Tapatalk

• Information