All six Miroslav refills together for $29 for 3 days

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
selig
RE Developer

16 Oct 2017

syncanonymous wrote:
13 Oct 2017
bxbrkrz wrote:
13 Oct 2017
I agree the Miroslav collection belongs to another time, compared to what we get today. The price reflects that situation. I bought it because the collection belongs to another time. Just like a Mellotron? Not old. Vintage ;)
When you play the demo songs on the website , the music producer was a bit too happy with phasing widening, making some tracks hollow or worse almost totally collapsing when switching to mono. I quickly listened to a few patches after the download and it was fine, but I'll be vigilant.
Miroslav will go through extreme Grain torture anyway. The collection was recorded in a real space, locked inside multiple Combinators. I have seen them cheap in the past, but I don't recall being that cheap. At the end of the day it is a sublime professionally well recorded time capsule you can mix with other recorded spaces. Still worth more than $30. Still a great deal.
Will StringWerk be part of the subscription model?
esselfortium, I totally see your point, much appreciated info :-)

bxbrkrz is bang on for me; I am currently doing some 1950s Ultra Lounge soundalikes, it needs to sound "vintage" and the Orkester and FSM sounds are too far below the line of quality I require. I have turned in paid work in the past and the only things I got called out on were the Orkester sounds; the client was right and Softphonics saved the day. That said, I only used Softphonics strings on that job, the rest was Orkester & FSM. The Miroslav clarinets and flutes sound immediately better than native Orkester or FSM IMO...I haven't tried anything else Miroslav, yet. StringWERK is 130euros!

_todd
Miroslav mixed with FSB/Orkester for this ultra-lounge cover:

I always use layers for orchestral stuff, and often Orkester works well for this, when combined with Miroslav and Euphonics (strings).

Funny thing, IMO the folks who 'called you out' are the ONLY ones who care about what library a sound came from…
Selig Audio, LLC

syncanonymous

17 Oct 2017

Thanks, Selig, that Ultra Lounge cover is exactly in the vein of what I am working on at the mo. If I can get halfway as good as yours, the team will be thrilled :-) Thanks again to jfrichards for the heads up, GREATLY appreciated :-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

syncanonymous

21 Oct 2017

Ok, after several days DLing all of Miroslav Gold and working up my sound sets for these 50s and 60s orchestral sound-a-likes, I find Miroslav perfect for my requirements. The ensembles supply just the kind of raw materials I was looking for that simply isn't there in FSM or Orkester. Using Miroslav in conjunction with ChambRe and EmbouchRe is sounding pretty amazing afaiac. Of course the Miroslav stuff is limited with very little if any velocity levels, yet it is very functional and well worth the pocket change of 30 units. If I'd spent 200 clams I might be less impressed.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

• Information