soundpacks.com Xylophone

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
syncanonymous

10 Oct 2017

Anybody try these freebies before? Single samples aren't labeled very cleverly, but sounds alright...24 bit giving more depth/timbre than the Orkester Mallets' version. Single samples seem weak, until they are mapped. I doubt many here are doing 50s-60s soundalikes like me ;-)

https://soundpacks.com/free-sound-packs ... ples-pack/
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

syncanonymous

11 Oct 2017

Talkin to myself as usual
I bet nobody has one of these ;-P
A little light relief while my family's homes are burning down in Northern Cali :o :puf_unhappy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-note-MIDI-Ro ... 0012.m1985
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD

moneykube

11 Oct 2017

sorry to hear about the fire desaster... hope everyone is safe
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

syncanonymous

11 Oct 2017

moneykube wrote:
11 Oct 2017
sorry to hear about the fire desaster... hope everyone is safe
Thanks for the good words. It is pretty shocking. Looks like some family is better off than others...My brother's tiny town, Geyserville has been evacuated, it's impossible to know until it all shakes out.

This map is pretty revealing
https://firemap.sdsc.edu/
turn on layers upper right

yeah, 80% of my family and friends live in and around Santa Rosa. I am 6000 miles away in NW France, not much I can do from here. I hope they are safe and that somehow the firestorm can be controlled.

I best get mapping some upright bass. I had my screen at 800x600 yesterday mapping xylo notes in NN19...something I had never really done before. It is pretty fiddly. Ed's right....I need a better mouse :-)

Quiloc Lim

13 Oct 2017

Sorry to here of your families fire situation in Nor Cal. I live down in East San Diego and have had horrible fires like up in Napa & Santa Rosa. It's terrifying. I hope your family is all safe and are able to get back to normal asap. :puf_smile:

Catblack

13 Oct 2017

Sorry to hear about your family, I hope they are alright!

Those samples seem to be 5 sets, A-E... but not multisampled for velocity? All of the '10' note sounds the same to me.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

syncanonymous

13 Oct 2017

Catblack wrote:
13 Oct 2017
Those samples seem to be 5 sets, A-E... but not multisampled for velocity? All of the '10' note sounds the same to me.
Thanks for good wishes y'all. I send mine to whomever may be struggling. My brother's house is next to HWY 101 across the river from the fire currently raging in Geyserville and that fire isn't gonna get much containment; the forest is straight up shear mountains. The vineyards and roads may help. My mother's house is just south of Fountaingrove, they are about 4 blocks south of the devastation. Everyone in my family is ok so far.

...everybody do a rain dance, that's what they need is rain and no more wind. Obviously, emergency services have put a big dent in the fires overnight according to the map, we can only hope the winds don't do what the forecast is.

Yeah, CB, those xylo samples are sadly not labelled well and versions A, B & C sound exactly the same to me too :-
I did, however, go ahead and map to NN19 and they have a nicer, more high end timbre than the Orkester xylo. The top end noise on the soundpacks xylo has to be cutoff. I need to look deeper online. These are good enough for my sketches for now.

I have moved on to Double Bass and I have started mapping these
http://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-samp ... a/meatbass

which are much more like it for multi-velocity and labeling. Really, I have never dived too deep into "programming" the Reason samplers before now. I have tinkered but didn't really understand; both have their pros and cons. Setting velocities in NNXT with mouse is certainly tedious; typing the values in would be nice :-) ... which I have read requests for on this board before. I suppose setting up zones in velocity sections might make it easier/ faster.

• Information