Bladerunner Brass Synth

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
darkmode

19 Oct 2017

Hi this is one I did a couple of years ago.

If anyone likes it, I'll try and dig out the file and upload the brass. I can't remember how I made it now :)

Let me know.

Cheers!

pedrocaetanos

19 Oct 2017

darkmode wrote:
19 Oct 2017

If anyone likes it, I'll try and dig out the file and upload the brass. I can't remember how I made it now :)

Let me know.

Cheers!

Wow, the choir entrance is epic.
The master is untouchable on his peak days, but since Direct album, this work of yours is almost on par.
Although (of course) his sense of melody was still ahead...
Congratulations, remarkable tribute.

In terms of sound Patch... I liked all! :)
Brass is very, very Vangelic, but Timpani is also great, very similar to Vangelis sound (and you managed to play them in a somewhat similar style to his later period).
The ending notes of bass also show a very Vangelic sound.
Lots of other great patches layered.
But best of all is the choir. Beautiful timbre and very expressive.
What is it?
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

moalla

20 Oct 2017

Sounds god, but you could also edit some terrific vangelis/blade runner brass combinators quite easily witth ivoks and a fm choir beside,
but your choir esemble sounds really nice. Keep going ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

pedrocaetanos

20 Oct 2017

moalla wrote:
20 Oct 2017
Sounds god, but you could also edit some terrific vangelis/blade runner brass combinators quite easily witth ivoks and a fm choir beside,
but your choir esemble sounds really nice. Keep going ;)
Also Skrock Tectonic has several patches that are very Vangelic
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

electrofux

20 Oct 2017

This is my take on it. Found a good starter in Exodes Antidote Cuts called "Pads - Classic Pad EX" and i tweaked it a bit.
Attachments
Blade.zip
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

darkmode

24 Oct 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:
19 Oct 2017
darkmode wrote:
19 Oct 2017

Let me know.

Cheers!

Wow, the choir entrance is epic.
The master is untouchable on his peak days, but since Direct album, this work of yours is almost on par.
Although (of course) his sense of melody was still ahead...
Congratulations, remarkable tribute.

In terms of sound Patch... I liked all! :)
Brass is very, very Vangelic, but Timpani is also great, very similar to Vangelis sound (and you managed to play them in a somewhat similar style to his later period).
The ending notes of bass also show a very Vangelic sound.
Lots of other great patches layered.
But best of all is the choir. Beautiful timbre and very expressive.
What is it?
Hi. Really glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the very kind words.

The choir is from the SYMPHONY of VOICES ReFill. I rembember though, having to do quite a bit of work on it till I was happy.

Cheers.

Jolla

28 Oct 2017

Subtractor also can make a sound close enough to original ;)
use wheel to get brightness
Blade Subtrunner.zip
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Ahornberg

30 Oct 2017

Jolla wrote:
28 Oct 2017

Blade Subtrunner.zip
great patch, love it!

mbfrancis

02 Nov 2017

I'd get the Retro Booster pack ($29) which has the CS80R ReFill by Lone Tree Music. Fun stuff, plus some great Jiggery Pokery refills.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2017

Jolla wrote:
28 Oct 2017

Blade Subtrunner.zip
One thing - switch that filter to 12 dB/Oct for a more authentic CS80 sound - IMO, of course…
Otherwise beautiful and evocative patch!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

jayhosking

02 Nov 2017

mbfrancis wrote:
02 Nov 2017
I'd get the Retro Booster pack ($29) which has the CS80R ReFill by Lone Tree Music. Fun stuff, plus some great Jiggery Pokery refills.
Oh man. Why on earth didn't I look into this pack? I own it and totally forgot to check it. Thanks for the reminder!

Jay Bird

07 Feb 2018

This thread sent me on a mad quest to emulate that sound on the Mesa track. I've become a bit obsessed and have made 5 patches or so with different synths. I think the sound probably has some samples blended in, and also some oscillators with warp functions like on Europa. Could be that I'm just hearing analog drift (back to lab, now to try Mono/Poly). Anyway I posted a video with my attempt using Europa. I put a link for the combinator too if you can stand Mediafire. This links to the video:

Please let me know how you think I could improve on it.

Voyager

08 Feb 2018

darkmode wrote:
24 Oct 2017

The choir is from the SYMPHONY of VOICES ReFill. I rembember though, having to do quite a bit of work on it till I was happy.

Cheers.

I can't found this Refill, seems it isn't available anymore ?

lakinlakin

08 Feb 2018

Very nice. Well done.
On a side note I wish this site had a like button (like it used to).

darkmode

08 Feb 2018

Voyager wrote:
08 Feb 2018
darkmode wrote:
24 Oct 2017

Cheers.

I can't found this Refill, seems it isn't available anymore ?
Sorry mate, got this years ago. I've no idea where from :(

Voyager

09 Feb 2018

Yeah notice that but they don't longer offer a refill version.

Loque

09 Feb 2018

Jay Bird wrote:
07 Feb 2018
This thread sent me on a mad quest to emulate that sound on the Mesa track. I've become a bit obsessed and have made 5 patches or so with different synths. I think the sound probably has some samples blended in, and also some oscillators with warp functions like on Europa. Could be that I'm just hearing analog drift (back to lab, now to try Mono/Poly). Anyway I posted a video with my attempt using Europa. I put a link for the combinator too if you can stand Mediafire. This links to the video:

Great patch, man! I really hope PH and some patch devs are watching here! This is a high class sound and not always the same boring brass synths.
Reason12, Win10

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

Jay Bird wrote:
07 Feb 2018

The distortion on Europa is waaaaaaay too much but it's a good starting point. If i get a chance, i'll have a little tweak at the patch over the weekend and report back. :)

Try putting a scream or pulveriser in the patch as a master effect as opposed to the full on distortion coming from Europa. In the middle key ranges it's totally out of control.

Nick

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

On a side note...

Darkmode, are you the same Darkmode from the old Littledetroit forums? - If so, yo! :)

Nick

wendylou

09 Feb 2018

nickb523 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
Jay Bird wrote:
07 Feb 2018

The distortion on Europa is waaaaaaay too much but it's a good starting point. If i get a chance, i'll have a little tweak at the patch over the weekend and report back. :)

Try putting a scream or pulveriser in the patch as a master effect as opposed to the full on distortion coming from Europa. In the middle key ranges it's totally out of control.

Nick
Overall a very nice patch! Yes, I also think the noise is a tad heavy. I'll try adding some heavy Selig ColoringEQ saturation per band to see if that could act as milder distortion.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

eXode

10 Feb 2018

Tweaked Thor based Combinator patch (originally from my free Reason Toolbox ReFill).

You need aftertouch. :)
Attachments
eXode-Vangelian.zip
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Last edited by eXode on 10 Feb 2018, edited 2 times in total.

darkmode

10 Feb 2018

nickb523 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
On a side note...

Darkmode, are you the same Darkmode from the old Littledetroit forums? - If so, yo! :)

Nick
Sorry Nick no, but hi all the same :D

Mauricio Duarte

10 Feb 2018

pedrocaetanos wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Great to find a Vangelis praising and imitation thread :)

Here's my take on it:
In my opinion it's very "Vangelian", but it's not so "brassy" as that Blade Runner sound.
It uses Antidote and original patch by Selig. I tweaked a bit reverb and envelopes to put put it in a more Vangelis-like landscape, as the original is more space ambient.

Beautiful. I have no words. Just Thank you.

Edit:
darkmode wrote:
19 Oct 2017

Let me know.

Cheers!

THANK YOU. Very inspiring.

jayhosking

10 Feb 2018

eXode wrote:
10 Feb 2018
Tweaked Thor based Combinator patch (originally from my free Reason Toolbox ReFill).

You need aftertouch. :)
Thanks for adding this!

• Information