eSoundz $5 Refills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
kitekrazy

22 Jul 2017

https://sonicreality.com/landingpages/reasonrefills.php

The Ultra Electronic and Hip Hop ones are great.

I know these are "old" but they sound good.

Anyone recommend some of the other Sonic Refills.

I still love the Refill format.

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2017

I still swear by these and it's half of the reason why I don't care much for new sounds (that and BitleyTM + the old free Reason refills). I have Gold, Miroslav and the full Ultra bundle.

Tbh, with just the Gold bundle you have all the components to tackle just about any genre. The source sounds trump many of the workstations up till about 2010. All you need to do is tweak to your own sound and it'll be like new.

madmacman

23 Jul 2017

They don't want my money. No chance to create an account or to place the offers to a cart. Tried it with different browsers on Mac (Firefox, Safari, Chrome)

:(

EDIT: Creating new accounts @ Sonic Reality is broken. But they are part of the eSoundz universe, and there it works.

sleep1979

24 Jul 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
22 Jul 2017
https://sonicreality.com/landingpages/reasonrefills.php

The Ultra Electronic and Hip Hop ones are great.

I know these are "old" but they sound good.

Anyone recommend some of the other Sonic Refills.

I still love the Refill format.

i dont think these days there that great got the alan parsons piano and rock piano plus a few symphonic ones deleted them from my hard drive old fashioned sounding plus pianos sound too bright refills old need updating proberly wont be updated.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2017

sleep1979 wrote:
24 Jul 2017

i dont think these days there that great got the alan parsons piano and rock piano plus a few symphonic ones deleted them from my hard drive old fashioned sounding plus pianos sound too bright refills old need updating proberly wont be updated.
You can apply filters and EQ if you want a different sound from them.

The patches and samples are what they are, but with some effort they can be whatever you want them to be. You can make all your modern patches from these sounds.

In fact tweaking presets is the first thing they stress at any decent music production course, and it's one the details that differentiates the amateur from the professional.

sleep1979

24 Jul 2017

avasopht wrote:
24 Jul 2017
sleep1979 wrote:
24 Jul 2017

You can apply filters and EQ if you want a different sound from them.

The patches and samples are what they are, but with some effort they can be whatever you want them to be. You can make all your modern patches from these sounds.

In fact tweaking presets is the first thing they stress at any decent music production course, and it's one the details that differentiates the amateur from the professional.
i'm not a sound designer i like good sounding sounds out the box mixing a song is a different thing.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2017

sleep1979 wrote:
24 Jul 2017

i'm not a sound designer i like good sounding sounds out the box mixing a song is a different thing.
I hear ya.

IMO the best source for the latest bread and butter sounds that are modern and sound good are probably workstation keyboards. They cover a lot of ground, though you will at least want to make adjustments to the amount of reverb being applied to each sound ;)

There are a few refills that have brilliant all-round modern sound design, though it is a different offering to what you would get from a workstation keyboard.

In VST land Kontakt is pretty comprehensive, but still a vastly different type of library to what you'd get from a workstation.

strangers
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2017

$5 is mad cheap. The sizes are a bit daunting at 5+ gigs. The demo tracks all seem to be the exact same demo, so kind of hard to hear what's packed into the refills.

Any insight on what one could expect soundwise out of each pack? I don't mind tweaking at all. Preset surfing through an endless sea of refills can be time consuming. I get refill happy from time to time but the size of these have me nervous.

kitekrazy

24 Jul 2017

The smaller ones are usually NNXT instruments. The larger ones usually have Rex and the other formats.

kitekrazy

24 Jul 2017

madmacman wrote:
23 Jul 2017
They don't want my money. No chance to create an account or to place the offers to a cart. Tried it with different browsers on Mac (Firefox, Safari, Chrome)

:(

EDIT: Creating new accounts @ Sonic Reality is broken. But they are part of the eSoundz universe, and there it works.
Same issue for me.

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2017

strangers wrote:
24 Jul 2017
$5 is mad cheap. The sizes are a bit daunting at 5+ gigs. The demo tracks all seem to be the exact same demo, so kind of hard to hear what's packed into the refills.

Any insight on what one could expect soundwise out of each pack? I don't mind tweaking at all. Preset surfing through an endless sea of refills can be time consuming. I get refill happy from time to time but the size of these have me nervous.
I will do a demo (maybe even a screencast) of me playing with the Ultra bundle either Thursday or Friday.

The UltraSymphonic is sort of like a mini Miroslav so at $5 it's a no-brainer.

I don't really look at the Ultra refills when digging for sounds. I find pretty much everything I need is already in the SR refills if I want an SR sound.

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2017

avasopht wrote:
25 Jul 2017
I will do a demo (maybe even a screencast) of me playing with the Ultra bundle either Thursday or Friday.

I don't really look at the Ultra refills when digging for sounds. I find pretty much everything I need is already in the SR refills if I want an SR sound.
I'd surely check out the demo if you post one. I'm curious to hear what these packs offer.

Taff

28 Jul 2017

Bought a batch, looking forward to trying them out.

kitekrazy

29 Jul 2017

Taff wrote:
28 Jul 2017
Bought a batch, looking forward to trying them out.
Which ones did you get?

Taff

29 Jul 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
29 Jul 2017

Which ones did you get?
Orchestral ones.

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2017

strangers wrote:
25 Jul 2017
avasopht wrote:
25 Jul 2017

I'd surely check out the demo if you post one. I'm curious to hear what these packs offer.
Just to keep you updated, I made a demo yesterday but got uber carried away with myself and it ended up being a good 45 minutes so I'm going to make a shorter one later today.

Edit: pm sent to strangers of my 45 minute exploration of the sound set.

• Information