Are you still interested in ReFills?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

24 Aug 2017

Yes. All the time.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2017

bitley™ wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Yes. All the time.
So are they free to existing owners of WBF R2? If so what steps does one need to take to get them?

bitley

24 Aug 2017

Send me an email and I will reinvite. :)

kitekrazy

28 Aug 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Aug 2017
Iv been buying a lot of sample magic refills! I love Rex loops and "top loops" I wish there were more dubstep "top loops" maybe refill makers could lean more on the side of making sample packs like drum loops and more sampler type sounds, I do love all of my navi retlav refills, when I'm lacking inspiration they come in handy
I usually buy samples that have both Rex and Wav, create my own refills.

Micha1973

28 Aug 2017

i use it , and bought yesterday 2 refill and some soundsets*

micha
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

scratchnsnifff

28 Aug 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
28 Aug 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Aug 2017
Iv been buying a lot of sample magic refills! I love Rex loops and "top loops" I wish there were more dubstep "top loops" maybe refill makers could lean more on the side of making sample packs like drum loops and more sampler type sounds, I do love all of my navi retlav refills, when I'm lacking inspiration they come in handy
I usually buy samples that have both Rex and Wav, create my own refills.
I mean I have vengeance and a whole bunch of other packs but I just love how sample magic puts drum loops, tops, melody, and bass all into separate folders no to mention the quality is superb, I just wish they had moRe dubstep "top loops" to offer I love using the tribal tech percussion loops on a glitch hop style track
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Ahornberg

29 Aug 2017

recently I bought Disco School ... and I would like to see more of that (rex-loops that fit together nicely) maybe in other genres like reggae?

PhutureD

30 Aug 2017

Soundcells wrote:
15 Jul 2017
Hi to all,

The subject says it all: Are you still interested in ReFills?
I noticed that the topics in this sub-forum are not getting a lot of views.
As i was away for a too long time (doing a lot of stuff for the https://www.bechstein-digital.com by C.Bechstein), I am still interested in doing more ReFill stuff …

So - that´s my & the overall question: Are ReFills still something you would like to invest in?

Best regards,
Harald | Soundcells
Most definitely.

faun2500

30 Aug 2017

Quiloc Lim wrote:
31 Jul 2017
I still buy them. They are a great source for ideas & nice place to start to make new patches. Especially for new synths I've bought. Being able to see what the patch designers have done helps me to understand the synth a bit better.

The most recent one I bough was this for Spire. Some of them really put the hurt on my Macs CPU. :-)

https://newloops.com/collections/reason ... re-presets
Hey thank you for the support! :D
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

PadShifta

07 Sep 2017

Dear Harald!
Yes, yes and yes again! I´ve been missing new stuff on soundcells.com badly and I´ll always be an admirer of your craftsmanship in sounddesign. I would be highly interested in refills done for/including ReSpire, Viking2 and TheLegend. And of course Reason´s onboard goodies Malstrom, Subtractor and Thor.

So good to have you back!
Cheers
-Andy- :-)

Oquasec

07 Sep 2017

refills are the same quality as any other library so I'll be using those still.
It lacks a scripting engine that nnxt but in terms of sound in general it matches up quite nicely with other plugs since they consist of the same things most of the time.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bitley

15 Sep 2017

true so why no action on the refill frontier lately? we need your orders in order to continue doing this.

Soundcells

15 Sep 2017

It´s always the same: the new is enemy of the old …

We soon will see in which direction the ReFill market will grow … stay tuned 👍🏼

Soundcells

15 Sep 2017

@PadShifta: Thanks for friendly kind of words!

ReSpire … maybe a synth that´s worth it … The Legend sounds really good - so … maybe an idea to do a ReFill for this one (although "Viking Signature" isn´t a real hit 😊) …

Best regards,
Harald | Soundcells

faun2500

18 Sep 2017

Still very interested in producing ReFills. They are a nice way to add new content to Reason. Of course now with VST you can add much more, but for sound packs they are still a good option for a nice, neat package. :)
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

WillyOD

20 Sep 2017

Yes.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Mr. Watts

22 Sep 2017

Hell yea! Would love to see a new Soundcells refill for the Viking VK-2. I think the VK-1 Signature refill is really great and it ultimately made that RE purchase more valuable to me. The Antidote Signature refill is superb as well, some really great vibey keys in there. I look forward to owning Simple Sampling also, after listening to the amazing demos on your website, those strings and keys are right up my alley. Anyways, I'm still very interested in Refills. Especially anything from PinkNoise and Soundcells. Oh, and Bitley too! :thumbs_up:

Soundcells

24 Sep 2017

Thanks to your very friendly kind of words 😊

A ReFill for VK-2 - what do others think?

Simple Sampling is a wonderful ReFill ... at least to me:

Maybe there is something wrong with the ReFill´s name or the product text ... what ever - but this ReFill never was a real hit (and i do not know why ) ... 😊

I have produced all the ReFills, and of course there are personal favorites - and *i* like Simple Sampling really very much & use it very often ...

Mr. Watts

03 Oct 2017

Hey, thanks for responding to my comment. That is unfortunate to hear about Simple Sampling although I noticed that this particular refill isn't in the prop shop. I am wondering if maybe this has anything to do with the refill's unpopularity. I personally hadn't known it existed until about a month ago when I visited your web site. Anyways, as much as I would like to see a Soundcells refill for the Viking VK-2 , I think that with the announcement of Reason 10, a solid refill for Europa or Grain would be of great value to the Reason community.

3rd Floor Sound

03 Oct 2017

I'd given up on making refills entirely and now have been working on a mobile app (which to be honest, I need help with lol). In the last 3 years I believe I sold 5 refills total, 2 of them in the last week, and one of those says he wants a refund because he's "returning reason" less than a full day after buying from me.
BUT: the release of reason ten has gotten me interested again. Bought 9.5 so I can get the upgrade on the 25th. Probably start working on a new refill that day.
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2017

Generally not very interested in refills. Sorry. But I might make an exception for a Europa refill. But then the problem becomes what refill to choose. I imagine there will be a few.

The truth is there are so many patches to choose from already if you own several synths, which I do.

If I would buy a refill it would have to be useful patches, meaning patches that are playable. Some patches are just there to show off a synth with ever evolving crazy sounds or sequenced patterns. Unfortunately they are not very useful when you're trying to write an actual song.

Personally I've never liked combinator patches because they often include Reasons reverb, Mclass EQ and compressor. I'd rather use my own favorite RE effects to add to the original sound. Also it's sometimes hard to figure out what little thing to tweak in that huge mess of stuff. It's different when you've made the mess yourself :)

Sorry for being somewhat of a downer here, but at the same time I want to be honest about how I feel.

Soundcells

04 Oct 2017

I´m glad to see that with Europa and Grain there are new stock devices again - all R10 users could purchase a ReFill based on these synths …

jayhosking

05 Oct 2017

I've been thinking about this a bunch. One thing I really like in refills is clarity and specificity. I recently purchased a refill where all of the sounds were dedicated to making one type of music, a small refill with a modest price tag. I don't want to buy a refill full of every kind of sound; I want refills that help me quickly find a sound that's appropriate to the music I'm making. Not sure if that's of any interest to refill developers, but I'll always take many small and well-defined refills over one giant refill that's trying to cater to too many types of music makers.

Adam W

05 Oct 2017

Hello, all.

I check these forums pretty regularly, but I'm typically not much for publishing anything online. I created an account specifically to weigh in on this question (not that I have much to offer that hasn't already been covered).

I'm just a hobbyist--not a pro or a virtuoso or an engineer or anything like that--but for whatever it's worth, I still get more pumped about refills than RE's, VST's, or anything else. I just upgraded from Reason 5 to 9 last winter, and even now, when I set out to work on a song, I tend to go to a refill first. It could just be because I'm so familiar with them after sticking in R5 for so long, but any newer refills I've purchased recently have impressed me immeasurably. I bought a slew of the Softphonics packs when I upgraded--both strings refills, Apex, Sphere, and both percussion sets--and they're altogether stunning. And I'm still learning more and more about what's possible with the native devices just by opening up the combinators and tracing them out. I also shelled out for the Impact Soundworks bundle, and I can't imagine a better deal for what they were charging.

I understand it all comes down to personal preference--I like sampled stuff, I've yet to really wrap my head around synthesis and CV routing, and maybe I'm easier to impress than some other folks--but I'm always combing the web for interesting refills, and I'd hate to see the format wither into extinction. So yeah, I'm still very, very interested in refills.

Finally--and maybe most importantly, even though it's a tangent from the topic--these forums are awesome, as are all the contributors. I've not posted anything before this, but I've been reading the site since last January, and I've learned so much in the process. So thanks to you all. Seriously. It's a great site with great conversations, and it's enriched my experiences with Reason a great deal. Thanks again.

jayhosking

06 Oct 2017

Adam W wrote:
05 Oct 2017

Finally--and maybe most importantly, even though it's a tangent from the topic--these forums are awesome, as are all the contributors. I've not posted anything before this, but I've been reading the site since last January, and I've learned so much in the process. So thanks to you all. Seriously. It's a great site with great conversations, and it's enriched my experiences with Reason a great deal. Thanks again.
Glad to have your voice on here.

• Information