Endless Smile (VST recreation)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
aeox
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

This idea came from a another forum members post, seeing if anyone wanted to try to recreate the effect of the VST "Endless Smile" by Dada Life. Here is the best I've got.

Unfortunately, I've not quite wrapped my pea-sized brain around how to accomplish this effect without the use of a Rack Extension called "Polar". It also uses a free CV generator Rack Extension.

As always, tweak to your likings and enjoy!
Endless Smile.zip
(22.32 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

WongoTheSane

26 Jun 2017

It does sounds quite similar, well done! :)

Hauser+Quaid

26 Jun 2017

Cool stuff I'll have to check this out!

I did one as well, used it in the ReSpire challenge here. It's pretty basic but was based on Bass Kleph's Easy WashOut (a free Effects Rack for Live), which is what Endless Smile is based on. I'll have to post it when I get a chance.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2017

I've given this another thought. There may be a way to create a feedback loop instead of using polar, not sure it would work at all but I might give it a try soon.

CaliforniaBurrito

09 Sep 2017

I might try this technique in one of my upcoming projects. Thanks!

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Sep 2017

I'm not too sure of how the plugin is supposed to function but I'm assuming the idea behind it is high-pass with reverb and a little wind up effect. I took your combi for a spin in a project I'm wrapping up and there's too much of a masking effect rather than filtering and it is letting bottom end through which is anti-climactic! :D Just thought I'd share before I wire a few things up. :thumbs_up:

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Sep 2017
I'm not too sure of how the plugin is supposed to function but I'm assuming the idea behind it is high-pass with reverb and a little wind up effect. I took your combi for a spin in a project I'm wrapping up and there's too much of a masking effect rather than filtering and it is letting bottom end through which is anti-climactic! :D Just thought I'd share before I wire a few things up. :thumbs_up:
I was hoping by posting it here that some others would improve upon it!

Actually, I never even used this thing except once for testing. Ended up just using it on one element, the lead IIRC. Not the entire track.

Go crazy with it :D

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2017

Actually, I never even used this thing except once for testing. Ended up just using it on one element, the lead IIRC. Not the entire track.

Ah ok! I actually really like the wind-up effect in the combi. I already have AF-4 HP from the master out with RV7K and a little sample to go with it in this project.

People want easy buttons/easy knobs but I embrace doing it differently every time. :D

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Sep 2017
aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2017

People want easy buttons/easy knobs but I embrace doing it differently every time. :D
They sure do! That's why I just made the one knob on there :mrgreen:

• Information