Missing sounds

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Jeff242

21 Jun 2017

I recently upgraded my computer with new hard drives and reinstalled windows 10. After i reinstalled Reason to its new location I transferred all my old songs, patches and samples to the new location. As expected, when i load some of my old patches, a window pops up telling me the samples that are referenced to in the patch are missing. so i click find sounds and wait, it finds the sounds and loads the patch.

But I have a LOT of patches I have made myself , I've been using reason since version 2, and it would literally take me an entire day to fix all my patches this way.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to fix all of the patches at once, for instance select all patches and find missing sounds so that , even if it takes a really long time, i can set it and let the computer work while i leave and do other stuff, and when i come back all the sample references are fixed. One at a time means i cant leave the computer, i have to select a new patch to fix after the last on is done, which is the only way I have found to do it so far.

Is there a way I don't know about?

Oquasec

22 Jun 2017

Save your stuff as password protected zips in the cloud. Organize your folders.
Keep track of all the stuff you find useful & reminder notepad files for onedrive.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2017

Can you remember your old location directory structure?

If so you could recreate that, if the sounds are now on a different drive letter you can create a MKLINK to the new location...

• Information