Nucleus SoundLab releases Luminosity ReFill for Reason and Parsec

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
ReasonTalk

11 May 2017

Introducing Luminosity – Nucleus SoundLab’s latest ReFill for Propellerhead’s stunning Parsec 2 Rack Extension. Parsec 2 has added a wide-variety of new generators, modifiers and sound design tools, and our goal with Luminosity is to bring all of the new features together for your maximum musical inspiration!

Read the release info here

eusti

11 May 2017

Sorry, guys! That is not an article. It is reposting the PR copy of the refill creator. I mean I like ReasonTalk and Nucleus Soundlab, but I think you guys need to do better... Add something of value when publishing... Ask questions, give me your opinion, don't just add to the noise!

Rant off. :P

D.

jfrichards

11 May 2017

Hey Dirk, I think another way of looking at this thread is as a way to focus attention on Parsec, Reason, and Luminosity. I may have sidetracked the first one by jumping ahead in the Luminosity discussion into multi-synth combinator discussions, and what would be nice is to get Reason musicians to dive into Parsec 2 itself and the Luminosity refill in particular. I have to say that the noise around many other great new synths and the whole VST world coming into Reason is a little overwhelming and it would be a shame if the world-class Parsec 2 and the new Luminosity refill were lost in the noise. Maybe a Luminosity song challenge?

Exowildebeest

11 May 2017

eusti wrote:Sorry, guys! That is not an article. It is reposting the PR copy of the refill creator. I mean I like ReasonTalk and Nucleus Soundlab, but I think you guys need to do better... Add something of value when publishing... Ask questions, give me your opinion, don't just add to the noise!

Rant off. :P

D.
I mentioned that before regarding RE's - same thing holds for Refills guys :)

No offense intended to NSL of course, just providing feedback to the Reasontalk team here.

eusti

11 May 2017

jfrichards wrote:Hey Dirk, I think another way of looking at this thread is as a way to focus attention on Parsec, Reason, and Luminosity. I may have sidetracked the first one by jumping ahead in the Luminosity discussion into multi-synth combinator discussions, and what would be nice is to get Reason musicians to dive into Parsec 2 itself and the Luminosity refill in particular. I have to say that the noise around many other great new synths and the whole VST world coming into Reason is a little overwhelming and it would be a shame if the world-class Parsec 2 and the new Luminosity refill were lost in the noise. Maybe a Luminosity song challenge?
I'm not upset that there is a thread about this. I actually enjoyed your reply to the other thread about this refill...
I think I'm mainly disgruntled that republishing the original PR text is billed as an "article"... I know that's how a lot of websites do things, but I find it actually annoying... It's lazy and doesn't really help anything... If I want to find out more than the original PR text, I have to wade through all the copies to get to any new information... So, if people think this refill is special, then please write about why do you think it is special... I'd love to hear about it! Or if people want this kind of news update, it could be called that... Basically like the front page of KVR... ;)

D.

Kenni
Site Admin

12 May 2017

eusti wrote:
jfrichards wrote:Hey Dirk, I think another way of looking at this thread is as a way to focus attention on Parsec, Reason, and Luminosity. I may have sidetracked the first one by jumping ahead in the Luminosity discussion into multi-synth combinator discussions, and what would be nice is to get Reason musicians to dive into Parsec 2 itself and the Luminosity refill in particular. I have to say that the noise around many other great new synths and the whole VST world coming into Reason is a little overwhelming and it would be a shame if the world-class Parsec 2 and the new Luminosity refill were lost in the noise. Maybe a Luminosity song challenge?
I'm not upset that there is a thread about this. I actually enjoyed your reply to the other thread about this refill...
I think I'm mainly disgruntled that republishing the original PR text is billed as an "article"... I know that's how a lot of websites do things, but I find it actually annoying... It's lazy and doesn't really help anything... If I want to find out more than the original PR text, I have to wade through all the copies to get to any new information... So, if people think this refill is special, then please write about why do you think it is special... I'd love to hear about it! Or if people want this kind of news update, it could be called that... Basically like the front page of KVR... ;)

D.
We all actually agree with this on the team. But due to limited resources and the fact that some press releases arrives to be released immediately, we sometimes deem the news better to be out rather than packing old news in an essay :)

We do add our own touch to press releases and material that comes with an embargo rather than immediate release. Either way, we get it to the front page and add some focus to the news at least so the devs get exposure.

If there's a wish for a detailed article or even a review for specific things, we'll do them. Also, we're open for guest authors doing articles. Just saying ;-)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

joeyluck

12 May 2017

Thanks everybody for your input! We continue to try to improve things :)
I agree we should have a personal touch when we can. But otherwise, what is sometimes being done is simply packaging the news more nicely with a front page entry (not much unlike a thread post in the past when things are announced). We will be sure to also keep an eye on terminology, such as the "read this article here" link in this thread. That is just a default and it is understood how that can be misleading. That will be changed. Thanks everybody!

challism

12 May 2017

It's amazing how hard these moderators work for a non-paid, volunteer position. I don't know how you guys do it all. Bravo to the RT moderator team (myself not included in the comments..... I'm a slacker in comparison!)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

12 May 2017

Great!!! Thanks for the positive response! I know you guys are working hard and are indeed doing a great job. I just want it all to be better! ;) Unfortunately I don't have a lot of spare time these days, but will try to help when the opportunity arises! :)

D.

JeremyNSL

12 May 2017

Hey,

This is probably my fault about not knowing how RT news works. I didn't realize a new thread would be created once a news article is posted. If I did know that, I'd just have waited for the new thread and used that as a release thread instead of making my own. Live and learn!

BTW thanks for posting the news so quickly RT admin team! When I send out PR, I'm used to quite a long wait. So that's a nice surprise :)
Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

Kenni
Site Admin

12 May 2017

No problem! I wish we had time to do a more personal angle on the PR, but the immediate release notice triggered us! :)

I think we may have missed that you did an actual thread about it. If we had noticed, we would have coupled our news post with that thread instead of creating a new (which is an option we have, but don't have to do).
JeremyNSL wrote:Hey,

This is probably my fault about not knowing how RT news works. I didn't realize a new thread would be created once a news article is posted. If I did know that, I'd just have waited for the new thread and used that as a release thread instead of making my own. Live and learn!

BTW thanks for posting the news so quickly RT admin team! When I send out PR, I'm used to quite a long wait. So that's a nice surprise :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

• Information