If I own Bitley's Way Beyond Fairlight, does that mean I also have the contents of his other Fairlight refills?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
plasticfractal

08 May 2017

Looking at his page, I see the following refills for Fairlight:

1. Fairlight II+
2. Fairlight XXL
3. Fairlight Platinum
4. Way Beyond Fairlight R2

It isn't clear to me how much overlap there is between these refills (or if there is any at all). I have owned Way Beyond Fairlight for a while now, and I think it is as amazing as everyone said it would be. So I'm curious if that means I already have the stuff that's in the other Fairlight refills, or if those refills each have unique content.

Lov2sing

08 May 2017

They are more like updates so many overlap but all are worth the price of admission. You cannot find any refills of finer quality IMO.
We make music for a reason

eusti

08 May 2017

In my understanding each new generation has the older stuff plus new material. At some point there was a reorganization of sort that made it easier to find patches, I seem to recall...

D.

bitley

10 May 2017

Thank you very much guys!

The order in which you listed them is totally correct. :) It has been a continous development but they all offer different sorting, naming, design etc so I wouldn't rule out the older ones as they can open creative windows. XXL is recommended if you for instance want all of my song examples and demos. That had to be removed in WBF R2 to save space for more samples. As with Lego Technic each Box comes with unique things but WBF R2 is the largest one. Cryptic reply maybe but there are no simple answers. Each of them took many years to polish & render. :-)

plasticfractal

11 May 2017

Thanks bitley. I know you hear this alot, but Way Beyond Fairlight is such an amazing refill. I am about to get the Way Beyond Synclavier. Your stuff really is exceptional. Keep up the good work!

littlejam

17 May 2017

hello,

i purchased WBF R2 but haven't received a download link.
i checked the website: it doesn't appear to have a contact link.
i pm Mr. Bitley but he hasn't responded.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

eusti

17 May 2017

littlejam wrote:hello,

i purchased WBF R2 but haven't received a download link.
i checked the website: it doesn't appear to have a contact link.
i pm Mr. Bitley but he hasn't responded.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

j
Hi Little Jam, As far as I know those links are sent out by hand, give it a bit of time...
I got my links usually pretty promptly! Best of luck!

D.

littlejam

17 May 2017

hello,

thank you for the information
i will work on being patient
i purchased 4 days ago

cheers,

j

i have heard such wonderful things about this refill
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

eusti

17 May 2017

littlejam wrote:hello,

thank you for the information
i will work on being patient
i purchased 4 days ago

cheers,

j

i have heard such wonderful things about this refill
So sorry to hear! I just emailed him. Hope he'll sort it out soon for you!

D.

bitley

17 May 2017

Hi, of course the invite was sent but you need to check your hotmail account. There are no all caps mail adresses. Email adresses should be written like small@letter.com ;)

littlejam

17 May 2017

hello Mr. Bitley,

littlejamaicastudios@hotmail.com please

thank you

can't wait

j
littlejamaicastudios

bitley

17 May 2017

Strange but I invited you at that address just when you had ordered. Have you checked the email spam folder too? Will send you another one then.

littlejam

17 May 2017

hello Mr. Bitley,

got the invite now 4:15 pm brooklyn time

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios

littlejam

18 May 2017

hello Mr. Bitley,

i downloaded the refill
however, it is only 1.69 GB
whereas the website states that it is like 5 GB

please clarify when you get a chance

thanks,

j
littlejamaicastudios

PGR

18 May 2017

Not Bitley, but it could be to the fact that the samples in Refills are compressed.

bitley

19 May 2017

Yes, it's a 5 Gb folder before packing. This should be clearly stated on the site. Nothing about the refill is "only", hehe.

In fact I just uploaded a new bonus patch for you all, it's called "I Am The Velocity", inspired by Benny Andersson & Abba. If you by any chance are a WBF R2 customer without folder access, let me know (email me from the address you ordered with) and I'll ensure you always have the connection to get all the free additions.

As always if you need the dropbox space for other things you can unjoin and later choose "rejoin past shared folders".

MitchClark89

06 Jun 2017

bitley™ wrote:Yes, it's a 5 Gb folder before packing. This should be clearly stated on the site. Nothing about the refill is "only", hehe.

In fact I just uploaded a new bonus patch for you all, it's called "I Am The Velocity", inspired by Benny Andersson & Abba. If you by any chance are a WBF R2 customer without folder access, let me know (email me from the address you ordered with) and I'll ensure you always have the connection to get all the free additions.

As always if you need the dropbox space for other things you can unjoin and later choose "rejoin past shared folders".
hi to you bitley i am very interested and excited to buy WBF II but as i look on to you website it says it is an upgrade and so i was wondering is it somehow that i need to have purchased a previous refill version to be able to use wbf 2? i would be sad if this is the case as i wouldnt be able to buy an old version just to get the new one. sorry i hope this did not come across as rude because i am not trying to be!

thank you :P

clone

06 Jun 2017

Yeah I'm interested in buying the same one and was wondering the same also?
What a great deal on all products.

Mysterygrimms

06 Jun 2017

bitley[emoji769] wrote:Yes, it's a 5 Gb folder before packing. This should be clearly stated on the site. Nothing about the refill is "only", hehe.

I will be emailing in the morning Bitley I need access to WBF R2 Dropbox folder for the new patches as well.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

• Information