Nucleus SoundLab releases Luminosity for Parsec 2

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
JeremyNSL

05 May 2017

Hey all,

It's been awhile! I have the first of many new Reason goodies to share with your today and it's called Luminosity.

Introducing Luminosity – Nucleus SoundLab’s latest ReFill for Propellerhead’s stunning Parsec 2 Rack Extension. Parsec 2 has added a wide-variety of new generators, modifiers and sound design tools, and our goal with Luminosity is to bring all of the new features together for your maximum musical inspiration!

The 64 included Combinators run the sound design gamut – from crunchy, otherworldly keyboards to searing wavetable leads, to soft and hazy ambient pads. Special attention has been paid to the playability of these sounds. A major focus of the ReFill is on velocity modulations that don’t just change volume levels, but instead change the core timbre of the sound itself. In this way, Luminosity is an amazingly nuanced ReFill for live performances!

Of course, as this is a Nucleus SoundLab product, you can expect the usual high-quality production of every patch. Each Combinator has unique rotary, button and modwheel destinations; Combinators are categorized across five categories for easy access; Parsec 2 patches that make up each Combinator are also available; and all patches have been meticulously volume-balanced to fit into your mix instantly and not offend ears or blow monitors. All Combinators feature easy controls to turn sequences or arpeggios into standard leads/polys/basses playable over MIDI. Power up your Parsec 2 with Luminosity today!
  • 64 unique Combinators.
  • 80 Parsec 2 device patches.
  • 1 demo song packed inside the ReFill, for you to break down and examine in detail.
  • All Combinator rotaries/buttons/modwheel uniquely mapped.
  • Luminosity is fully compatible with older Reason versions – only Reason 7+ and Parsec 2+ is required.
I posted a special discount code for our newsletter subscribers, but since I haven't posted on RT in so long I'm going to share it here too :) You can save 15% on their Luminosity order - use code lumalife to save. But don't wait too long, the code will only be active for the first 50 sales.

Thanks for your time and have a great weekend!
Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

Jmax

05 May 2017

Looks like a Beauty Jeremy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zeebot

05 May 2017

Great to see you back Jeremy but damn you! With Tom, Adam and yourself teaming up again for another excellent sounding collab I'm going to have to upgrade to Parsec 2 now, crossing my fingers for it to go on sale :thumbup:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

JeremyNSL

06 May 2017

Thanks zeebot and Jmax :) Wasn't Parsec 2 on sale in March? I believe it was... Not sure if the upgrade was discounted though.

BTW, 19 uses of the discount code are remaining! Oh and I'll direct link the SoundCloud demos below:

Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

jfrichards

06 May 2017

My goodness Jeremy, this refill is super good. I added some of the new Resonans sounds inside your new combinator patches, and stand back, I'm getting some overwhelming sounds I haven't heard anywhere. Your refill is inspirational. Except for some guitar stuff, I'm almost ready to declare, "who needs VST?" Thanks.

JeremyNSL

07 May 2017

Hey man,

Really appreciate the kind words!

So you removed Parsec 2 from the Combinator and just added a different RE? Well, that's sure an interesting idea. I mean, that will break many of the Combinator routings, but you will still be going through the same FX chain - which probably would sound great with a variety of REs.

One other thing I'd encourage people to experiment with is adding Players. As you can see in the demo video, you can get some amazing sounds very easily using keys/pads using the chord Player. And if you follow that up with the Dual Arp it's even more amazing. We didn't include Players inside the ReFill so that we could maintain compatibility with Reason 7/8. But in the future I hope to show off the full power of Players in a NSL product :)

I think as far as VSTs, it's just the same as REs - in the right hands they can all sound absolutely incredible. For Nucleus SoundLab, you can expect to see some interesting developments coming soon as far as VSTs in Reason :D
jfrichards wrote:My goodness Jeremy, this refill is super good. I added some of the new Resonans sounds inside your new combinator patches, and stand back, I'm getting some overwhelming sounds I haven't heard anywhere. Your refill is inspirational. Except for some guitar stuff, I'm almost ready to declare, "who needs VST?" Thanks.
Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

jfrichards

07 May 2017

Nope, I just added another synth inside your 2-Parsec combinator and wired it into the inside mixer, leaving your awesome two Parsecs alone. Got some dangerous combinations. Reason sort of leapfrogged over the pack recently. Really loving your refill.

JeremyNSL

08 May 2017

Ah, cool! I think using contrasting synthesis types in a Combinator can be a really interesting approach - ie. PX7 + Thor + Parsec in a Combinator is quite a wild combination. Too bad creating a product with patches like that is way too niche (assuming people have those exact REs etc). Maybe one day Propellerhead will include PX7 or Parsec with Reason though? :D
jfrichards wrote:Nope, I just added another synth inside your 2-Parsec combinator and wired it into the inside mixer, leaving your awesome two Parsecs alone. Got some dangerous combinations. Reason sort of leapfrogged over the pack recently. Really loving your refill.
Secondly, last update on the discount codes - just 4 more remaining! Thanks to everyone who purchased so far!
Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

adfielding

09 May 2017

Hey guys, thanks for checking it out!

I ended up making half of the patches alongside Tom Pritchard for this particular project, and it was great to dive back into Parsec with the extra features from Parsec 2. I'm really happy with how this Refill turned out, and I've already started using a few of these patches in my own work (which is generally a pretty good indicator of how useable the patches are, IMO ;) ).

As Jeremy said - if you're using this with R9 then running some of these Combis with the Players is a great way to get some ideas going quickly. Needless to say, even with VSTs peering over the horizon I can certainly see myself using Parsec 2 alongside the goodies to come.

Cheers all, and thanks to Jeremy for bringing me on board for this project!

anko

09 May 2017

hey glad i just dropped in on this thread, just got the refill with the discount. sounds good! :) :thumbs_up:

JeremyNSL

09 May 2017

anko wrote:hey glad i just dropped in on this thread, just got the refill with the discount. sounds good! :) :thumbs_up:
Cool, you got one of the last discounts! :) Might I suggest to subscribe to our newsletter so you hear about that a bit earlier? Anyway glad you like what you hear so far!
Owner/Lead Designer
Nucleus SoundLab

• Information