Piano libraries available

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2017

With the announcement of VST support we'll probably see less of these threads now. So many more and infinitely better piano options will soon be available to Reason.

househoppin09
Posts: 536
Joined: 03 Aug 2016

Post 06 May 2017

Yep. Keyscape in Reason! At $379 it costs about the same as buying any three or four of the more expensive options on the original list in this thread. Really an absolute no-brainer.

User avatar
Softphonics
Posts: 148
Joined: 26 Mar 2016

Post 07 May 2017

QVprod wrote:With the announcement of VST support we'll probably see less of these threads now. So many more and infinitely better piano options will soon be available to Reason.
I don't normally get into these discussion but this hit a nerve for all the people who broke thier back to keep reason fresh over the years.

I think the "Infinitely better" quote is extremely insulting to RE developers in particular who stuck with the format, and when it was all you could use they were very usable!
Besides the fact that in general musicians worth their salt, tend not to blame the instruments they have at their disposal.

So to all those who gave us Piano in Reason over the years, this is your thank you!

Why don't you wipe your feet in thier face on your way out too?



Disappointed to read that to say the least.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

User avatar
QVprod
Posts: 2131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 07 May 2017

Softphonics wrote:
QVprod wrote:With the announcement of VST support we'll probably see less of these threads now. So many more and infinitely better piano options will soon be available to Reason.
I don't normally get into these discussion but this hit a nerve for all the people who broke thier back to keep reason fresh over the years.

I think the "Infinitely better" quote is extremely insulting to RE developers in particular who stuck with the format, and when it was all you could use they were very usable!
Besides the fact that in general musicians worth their salt, tend not to blame the instruments they have at their disposal.

So to all those who gave us Piano in Reason over the years, this is your thank you!

Why don't you wipe your feet in thier face on your way out too?
.


Disappointed to read that to say the least.
This was not an insult to RE or Refill developers but rather a truth to the fact that the ability to develop certain kinds of instruments in Reason is in fact limited due to limitations of the NNXT. There is only one piano RE (aside from Radical) and it also exists as a Kontakt library. Even the Alan Parsons refill exists in other formats. Aside from that, most piano refills (specifically the props' own refills) are almost a decade old for the very reason of those limitations. So there's no offense to be taken that a decade old refill doesn't match up to modern vst instruments released in recent years. They did the best they could with what was available. If it helps I even own Radical. However it's been no secret that better piano options were elsewhere and this has been discussed even back in the PUF days. Many, probably even most, users use other DAWs along side of Reason.

That said, I have no disrespect for you or your products and believe there are plenty of quality refills in other areas including yours. I'm sorry that you were offended by this post.

User avatar
Softphonics
Posts: 148
Joined: 26 Mar 2016

Post 07 May 2017

This wasn't about Me; Softphonics or any refill or Rack extension developer in particular, so lets get that clear.

It was about everything that came before the 27th April 2017
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

bunja

Post 10 May 2017

Id8 is reason pianos well two patches of

bunja

Post 10 May 2017

I got alan parsons id8 and now xln audio addictive keys for free ( coz i am a focusrite member) i dont like alan parsons tbough its not even on my hard drive too bright

JerrelTheKing
Posts: 203
Joined: 31 Aug 2015

Post 10 May 2017

hmmm. I cant wait to use Keyscape in Reason. Thats all Im going to say.

Bunja

Post 13 May 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:
NekujaK wrote:There's also the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano refill available at esoundz:

https://esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=5248
Some time ago I bought this one, wanting an Imperial Bosendorfer, and trusting the stamp of Alan Parsons.

I've always been a huge admirer of Alan Parsons, both as producer (Dark Side of the Moon), and as musician (Alan Parsons Project), but unfortunately this refill was a let down to me. I was very surprised.

I find the Reason Pianos refill to have a "richer" sound, but worst of all, I have problems with the sustain pedal when using the Imperial.

When I press the pedal for "too long", after a while several notes seem to get stuck in infinite sustain. Something I haven't experienced with other NN-XT piano patches.

Someone around with this refill that can comment on this issue?
yeah i get that ,its also too bright for me i don't even have it on my system that's how much i dislike it i got there classic rock piano refill aswell , still i like the id8 better than both , i have the XLN audio addictive keys upright i'm testing , which is nice but holding down the pedal theres some metalic feedback that's pissing me off a touch but i'm not going out spending more money to be dissapointed on refills that haven't got any free demo refills to try , its literally a shot in the dark whether its good or not audio demos can fool u ( even half the piano scale to try would be ok in a refill demo ) i have my xln audio upright now and my id8 with its reason piano patches , close grand and jazz upright i think , selig will back me up on that , the esoundz ones ill probably never use again maybe , just use my miroslav strings from them which are decent .

tomorrowsman
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Feb 2019

Post 18 Feb 2019

I have recently been resurrecting some old Reason tracks I never finished, but have lost many of the free libraries I'd collected back then. Is there an online resource anywhere to find them any longer? I am especially looking for the Wilton Piano refill, which I think was a freebie a decade ago but has disappeared from the interwebs.....

Cheers,

TM

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1145
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 27 Feb 2019

pedrocaetanos wrote:
05 May 2017
NekujaK wrote:There's also the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano refill available at esoundz:

https://esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=5248
Some time ago I bought this one, wanting an Imperial Bosendorfer, and trusting the stamp of Alan Parsons.

I've always been a huge admirer of Alan Parsons, both as producer (Dark Side of the Moon), and as musician (Alan Parsons Project), but unfortunately this refill was a let down to me. I was very surprised.

I find the Reason Pianos refill to have a "richer" sound, but worst of all, I have problems with the sustain pedal when using the Imperial.

When I press the pedal for "too long", after a while several notes seem to get stuck in infinite sustain. Something I haven't experienced with other NN-XT piano patches.

Someone around with this refill that can comment on this issue?
Aren't Bosendorfer pianos naturally quite dark in timbre, especially compared to Steinway and Yamaha stage grands? Anyway Reason Pianos is a class act and is very hard to beat even today with more modern libraries imho. I have the AP refill myself but never noticed the issue because I don't use a sustain pedal. It should be an easy fix have you tried opening up the combinator to see what's going on?

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1145
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 27 Feb 2019

tomorrowsman wrote:
18 Feb 2019
I have recently been resurrecting some old Reason tracks I never finished, but have lost many of the free libraries I'd collected back then. Is there an online resource anywhere to find them any longer? I am especially looking for the Wilton Piano refill, which I think was a freebie a decade ago but has disappeared from the interwebs.....

Cheers,

TM
Check your PM

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 52
Joined: 03 Jul 2018

Post 27 Feb 2019

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/pro ... way-grand/

This is a nice piano ReFill that hasn't been mentioned yet.

User avatar
pedrocaetanos
Posts: 239
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: LX Portugal

Post 12 Mar 2019

miscend wrote:
27 Feb 2019
pedrocaetanos wrote:
05 May 2017


Some time ago I bought this one, wanting an Imperial Bosendorfer, and trusting the stamp of Alan Parsons.

I've always been a huge admirer of Alan Parsons, both as producer (Dark Side of the Moon), and as musician (Alan Parsons Project), but unfortunately this refill was a let down to me. I was very surprised.

I find the Reason Pianos refill to have a "richer" sound, but worst of all, I have problems with the sustain pedal when using the Imperial.

When I press the pedal for "too long", after a while several notes seem to get stuck in infinite sustain. Something I haven't experienced with other NN-XT piano patches.

Someone around with this refill that can comment on this issue?
Aren't Bosendorfer pianos naturally quite dark in timbre, especially compared to Steinway and Yamaha stage grands? Anyway Reason Pianos is a class act and is very hard to beat even today with more modern libraries imho. I have the AP refill myself but never noticed the issue because I don't use a sustain pedal. It should be an easy fix have you tried opening up the combinator to see what's going on?
Recently, no. Buts as far as I remember I did, and couldn't understand the origin of the issue.
Note that the problem isn't immediate. It only happens in mid of playing after a lot of notes.
Maybe it's related with max polyphony but I would expect the opposite behavior...

Steinway's are dark and woody, Yamaha's are bright. Both are famous like that, and you can listen to that it in Reason Pianos.
I must say, when playing a real Yamaha I can't tell, I would need a Steinway also on the side to compare.
But I never played on a Bosendorfer and don't remember going to a concert with one (Bosendorfer is very expensive, typically more than Yamaha) to know the sound, even if could tell without comparing. And the only description of it I remember is of the sound being "very pure". What does that mean? Less harmonics?? Bright sound? Have no idea. Yamaha bought Bosendorfer. Does Yamaha liked Bosendorfer cause the sound-type is similar? Wild guessing.... cause I'm not even sure if it is.

Anyway, Vangelis had a Bosendorfer and seems he liked it a lot, his records could be a good way to listen to the piano sound. Problem is he also had a Steinway, so it's hard to tell unless you can get sure of not being listening to a Steinway.
At 1983 he already had both (http://www.nemostudios.co.uk), and I read at equipboard that it had the Bosendorfer sind the 70s, so maybe Heaven and Hell, Albedo 0.39,...
I say "had" cause I only know until the time he left Nemo Studios and Epsilon Studios.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

mcatalao
Posts: 842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Mar 2019

Karim wrote:
15 Apr 2017
lzap wrote:Thanks folks, so far I only tested Radical Piano and Soundiron Emotional Piano and I like Radical very much. Fantastic. And ID8 does not sound bad at all!
incredibly I find myself choosing an Id8 for the brightness over a patch or Reason Pianos

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Check for the patch "Life is what you make it" from the yamaha grand. It's my favourite piano for busy mixes that need some brightness. The patch comes already with hpf, compressor and reverb. Instant mix ready.

mcatalao
Posts: 842
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Mar 2019

lzap wrote:
14 Apr 2017
Hello,

I just purchased R9 full and I would like to make a list of all available piano libraries in the wild. So far I know about:
  • Abbey Road Keyboards ReFill
  • Radical Piano RE
Abbey Road is not in the wild, you can't get it anymore (at least legally). It a pity because not only the pianos are nice but the mellotron and bandoneon are great stuff. The whole refill takes you to that 50's - 70's time!

Radikal Piano is included in R10. IMHO with Radikal, Pangea and Klank, Europa and Grain, you ought to consider upgrading to R10.2. Though imho Radikal Piano is too plastic. It is quite dynamic, works ok'ish in a busy mix, but my feelings about it is that it's the piano that could have been. The mid range sounds like a toy piano, and i think there are some phasing or cross over issues between the various pianos.

TBH, my piano needs keeb being fullfilled by Reason Pianos and Abbey Road.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests