New refill idea/suggestion : thor basic osc

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
siln

31 Mar 2017

So i have a new refill idea , mostly for thor (could be made with other synth stock devices), it s could be a refill with only dry osc : folder 1 osc : each osc
folder 2 osc : each combination of 2 osc, folder 3 osc : you get it ; with no other settings , it would be really usefull to get this so you can browse in 1 click while playing your midi keyboard , instead of 4 or 4 click , you get the idea of simplicity?
this is the most simple idea , another would be the same but in a combianator with just a slight saturation knob and reverb just to make it more poweful, the idea is it is a refill for people who want to build their patches upon it , but my guess is it will sound powerful as is .
questions are : has it ever been made before ? could do it myself , but maybe it s easy to generate automatically like lectric panda did , but it would have to be named for each patch by the name of the oscs, ie folder2 : analogue saw+wavetable ppg organ ...

siln

01 Apr 2017

Got the idea from the thread where someone complained the patches sounded dated , raw osc can sound new if no one made these patchs before :lol:

modecca

14 Apr 2017

siln wrote:Got the idea from the thread where someone complained the patches sounded dated , raw osc can sound new if no one made these patchs before :lol:

Any idea that is deterrent from the "I dont feel creative therefore I need to
buy something" is an idea I welcome.

I quite like a modified version of this idea.

When I first got noxious all those years back I was like this is one weird sounding device.

Then over time the init patch or use tried and tested preset pattern began and that led me to gravitate to other synths.

So last night I was just saving very simple noxious patches ( but using osc/filter/modifiers I dont normally use).
Then I brought them into a new song,
made a few tweaks to them and they quickly started to became unique sounds.
I once again was able to connect to the feeling I had when I first purchased the device.

Rather than have a huge library of simple nox presets I prefer to make a small library right before I start a song to really keep the sound design process fresh.
🔗💥

Marco Raaphorst

14 Apr 2017

Love the idea! I always felt that it would be great to have a list of patches which are very close together so a user can really quickly find a patch. In my opinion it should have a very rigid naming convention, not using imaginary patch names but extremely functional naming.

I am a patch designer. I will think about it. Thanks for idea :)

• Information