Jiggery-Pokery Retrospective is a dope ass refill. Please make a volume 2

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
mreese80

19 Mar 2017

Diving back into this old gem and wow. This is beautiful. Flawless refill might i say.

Last edited by mreese80 on 19 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

19 Mar 2017

raymondh wrote:I agree!

I'm loving it. It well organized. This is how i like it. Great patches. The strings are f$%^ing amazing
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

jallen97

30 Mar 2017

Thanks for the tip!
I hadn't heard of this and checked it out after reading this post....
Yes!!! Great stuff!!!!
I'm looking forward to playing some more with it! There is truly some great stuff in there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

jallen97 wrote:Thanks for the tip!
I hadn't heard of this and checked it out after reading this post....
Yes!!! Great stuff!!!!
I'm looking forward to playing some more with it! There is truly some great stuff in there!!!

Glad you like it. It's dope. The patches rock. I also like his king of kong refill and his Blue meanie refill. I prefer the refill market. You should also invest in all of Bitley refills if you don't have any of his. He has the best refills ever made for reason.

jallen97

30 Mar 2017

Yeah, I like REs but I have been finding lately that good refills are excellent! And since the best REs seem to be CPU hogs I am finding refills may be much for efficient. As I was going thru Retrospective the other day I had 40 patches open and it was barely touching the dsp.
I picked up a couple of the cheaper Bitley refills the other day and really enjoyed them! One of these days I will have to bite the bullet and get the big one!

JerrelTheKing

05 Apr 2017

Ive been on the refill market for a few years. Its really the only way to get the best out of Reason if you dont have time to make every patch you need from scratch. Bitley is the king but I also enjoy developers that do refills for the lastest Rack extension releases as well. It juts takes the sound quality to another level.

Some Desperate Glory

05 Apr 2017

Retrospective is great, but I gotta say Kings of Kong is the King of Refills. I literally use it on every track. Every Reason owner should buy it.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

mreese80

06 Apr 2017

Some Desperate Glory wrote:Retrospective is great, but I gotta say Kings of Kong is the King of Refills. I literally use it on every track. Every Reason owner should buy it.
King of Kong's is a good refill. Classic drum machines.

kitekrazy

09 Apr 2017

After reading about this I bought the Retro Pack Refill. I didn't realize there was so much. A bargain at $29. Haven't got to the Retrospective yet.

mreese80

09 Apr 2017

kitekrazy wrote:After reading about this I bought the Retro Pack Refill. I didn't realize there was so much. A bargain at $29. Haven't got to the Retrospective yet.

you won't regret it if you buy it i promise. I usually only recommend Bitley refills (my favorites) and pinknoise refills. But this one is Grade A. I love it. I wish he would make another one. I think he's more into developing RE's now but don't take my word on that. It's a beast refill man.

teddymcw

12 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:
you won't regret it if you buy it i promise. I usually only recommend Bitley refills (my favorites) and pinknoise refills. But this one is Grade A. I love it. I wish he would make another one. I think he's more into developing RE's now but don't take my word on that. It's a beast refill man.

My thinking is totally in line with yours btw.

Just got the bundle with K of K, Retro, Neb pads and Novachord. Outstanding!! must grab imho.

mreese80

12 Apr 2017

Great purchase man. I'm sure you will be creating musical gems for a while. Enjoy :)

pedrocaetanos

05 May 2017

I regard JP refills highly, with "Retrospective" and "K of K" perhaps the ones I like the most.

There's also a wonderful collection of combinator backdrops for all kinds of synths.

However, in the latest times, Matt seems more inclined to the RE market. Comercially is probably a wise decision.

with enough requests maybe Matt will develop IDK versions of synth sample sets - he has been doing a great organ collection.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information