Encore

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Softphonics

17 Feb 2017

Hey all,
Several months later than expected, Encore has finally been released,

It contains 740 Combinators and we are posting different demo videos over the weekend, So far this is what is uploaded..

It includes everything from
Keyswitching
Split Keys
Real Legato
Animated Strings
& More...

The refill is also on limited intro price for those interested in it. More Info - http://www.softphonics.com

Have a great weekend #ReasonGang

---------
splash 2.jpg
splash 2.jpg (818.65 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

Ostermilk

17 Feb 2017

This sounds epic.

I'm loving your impressive catalogue already this looks to be a great addition.

Thanks for the heads up.

WongoTheSane

17 Feb 2017

Your demos are always extremely well done too. In the first video, are the percussions from Epic BeatRe?

Softphonics

18 Feb 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:Your demos are always extremely well done too. In the first video, are the percussions from Epic BeatRe?
Hey!
Thank you, Yes the drums are from Epic Beatre :)
------

WongoTheSane

18 Feb 2017

Softphonics wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:Your demos are always extremely well done too. In the first video, are the percussions from Epic BeatRe?
Hey!
Thank you, Yes the drums are from Epic Beatre :)
Thanks! Gotta buy that as well, I've been eyeing it for a while now...

Mucrafta

18 Feb 2017

this is the best string library for reason ever.

and thats for the low price.

i wish that the relego feature for future solo string library :-D

here a demo complete with softphonics refills

PurpleMonkeyDishes

19 Feb 2017

Kudos Softphonics,
This refill Encore is so so good! WAY WAY better than any rack extension for strings! Forget stringwerk.. Amazing job guys and like over seven hundred combi's too! Amazing detail
Thanks for continuing to innovate in the rack
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

leonxx1983

19 Feb 2017

Looks interesting but not enough info! Is there a full rundown of all the patches anywhere? Any detail about the size of the sections? I can't imagine 700 combinators are all legitimately different patches.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

19 Feb 2017

leonxx1983 wrote:Looks interesting but not enough info! Is there a full rundown of all the patches anywhere? Any detail about the size of the sections? I can't imagine 700 combinators are all legitimately different patches.
Not sure if you meant to be offensive by questioning the legitimacy of different patches by a dev that has a great track record? Do you not know much of thier work?
Anyway Im sure they will answer you but as someone who owns the refill I can tell you that it is deep & EVERY combi does something different!!! In each section there is loads of combis. half of the 740 are in the animator section as there is pre-programmed combis for multiple time signatures per expression per instrument For example, you can choose Animator - Violas - Violas Spiccato - 8/4 time - Pattern 14 , There is also Legato patches, key switch patches, Split key patches, performance instruments, solos , ensembles, it is VAST! And the quality is the best iv ever had in Reason. Plus I did read somewhere that this refill took a year to put together.
For what it costs, and in general the great tools Softphonics bring to Reason, i wouldn't go down the road of using words like that pal.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Mucrafta

19 Feb 2017

I try to make a review to night when i am working.
A german review. I try to translate.
I hope to answer most questions. Like i said later tonight. In germany :D :D

Mucrafta

19 Feb 2017

ive made my first review ever i hope the enlish is ok

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7499183

littlejam

19 Feb 2017

hello,

i read the review by Mucraftad: nicely done...

my question is that i checked out their website and am wanting to buy the bundle: nice price

they already offer a 'strings' refill in the bundle, but Encore is not in the bundle...

does anyone have the first strings refill? Chambre?

thanks for your help

j

i do plan on contacting the company but today is sunday
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

littlejam

19 Feb 2017

hello,

i spelled your name wrong
i don't see an edit button
cheers,
j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Mucrafta

19 Feb 2017

no problem :-)

i got the complete bundle, without timbre and encore a few month ago. chambre is not like encore. for me personally its more chamber string like the name said. goot sound but less articulation than encore. encore but if u get the score bundle timbre and encore complete you do nothing wrong for scoring ;-).

i got the score and timbre and encore complete

Ostermilk

19 Feb 2017

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
leonxx1983 wrote:Looks interesting but not enough info! Is there a full rundown of all the patches anywhere? Any detail about the size of the sections? I can't imagine 700 combinators are all legitimately different patches.
Not sure if you meant to be offensive by questioning the legitimacy of different patches by a dev that has a great track record? Do you not know much of thier work?
Anyway Im sure they will answer you but as someone who owns the refill I can tell you that it is deep & EVERY combi does something different!!! In each section there is loads of combis. half of the 740 are in the animator section as there is pre-programmed combis for multiple time signatures per expression per instrument For example, you can choose Animator - Violas - Violas Spiccato - 8/4 time - Pattern 14 , There is also Legato patches, key switch patches, Split key patches, performance instruments, solos , ensembles, it is VAST! And the quality is the best iv ever had in Reason. Plus I did read somewhere that this refill took a year to put together.
For what it costs, and in general the great tools Softphonics bring to Reason, i wouldn't go down the road of using words like that pal.
I didn't think leonxx1983 was being offensive at all. Looking for more clarity as to the specifics of the content supplied is perfectly legitimate.

I must admit to not being sure of what the contents are, even you only mention Violas as an example, so I wouldn't go down the road you've taken either ol' pal!

However being an owner of some Softphonics product I'm pretty sure Andrew will be more than happy to clarify in due course, as he did explicitly state in the OP that more info will be forthcoming.

I'm pretty excited by the release and I'm pretty sure it will be every bit the bargain it looks to be, but I must admit I will welcome some further detail too if that's OK by you.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

19 Feb 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
I didn't think leonxx1983 was being offensive at all. Looking for more clarity as to the specifics of the content supplied is perfectly legitimate.

I must admit to not being sure of what the contents are, even you only mention Violas as an example, so I wouldn't go down the road you've taken either ol' pal!

However being an owner of some Softphonics product I'm pretty sure Andrew will be more than happy to clarify in due course, as he did explicitly state in the OP that more info will be forthcoming.

I'm pretty excited by the release and I'm pretty sure it will be every bit the bargain it looks to be, but I must admit I will welcome some further detail too if that's OK by you.

Looking for more info is fine, that is not what grinds my gears oul pal, but to suggest that the combinators are not different because its not possible to put 740 combis onto a refill is an ill informed assumption!
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Ostermilk

20 Feb 2017

We're all pals here... :D

Mucrafta

20 Feb 2017

@PupleMonkeyDishes:
it contains 734 combinator patches.
it could be that i missed some patches because there are many of them ^^.
the most combinator patches are in the animated folder. soooooooo YES there are over 700 combinator patches

Softphonics

20 Feb 2017

Ostermilk wrote:We're all pals here... :D
We are all pals here aren't we? ha..

So a walkthrough video may help guys..

And to the chap who questioned if all 740 combi's are individuals, Yes they are, a lot of blood sweat and tears, and you can see this here too.

------

WongoTheSane

20 Feb 2017

Softphonics wrote:So a walkthrough video may help guys..
Absolutely impressive. I love the Relegato thing, that's one thing missing from both Chambre and StringWerk! Great job on all accounts, and yes, the video helps understand how it's organized! Thanks!

Mucrafta

21 Feb 2017

thx softphonics for the refills.

here a track that show now how good is reason for orchestra

WongoTheSane

21 Feb 2017

Mucrafta wrote:thx softphonics for the refills.

here a track that show now how good is reason for orchestra

Very nice! What's the pitch bent instrument at 0:13 and 0:25, the flute-like sound? Is it part of the Refill as well?

kitekrazy

21 Feb 2017

littlejam wrote:hello,

i read the review by Mucraftad: nicely done...

my question is that i checked out their website and am wanting to buy the bundle: nice price

they already offer a 'strings' refill in the bundle, but Encore is not in the bundle...

does anyone have the first strings refill? Chambre?

thanks for your help

j

i do plan on contacting the company but today is sunday
I have it and it is great but the basses are horrible and I've discussed that with then. They were suppose to fix that. There are few samples in the basses and bowing attack is extremely hard so you can't really expose that section. That is my only gripe. It's still a great buy. I have a lot of their stuff and will get this new library.

I'd give anything for the Softphonics crew to do a tutorial series on orchestra in Reason. Listen to the Sphere demo (included in Sphere). I never thought music like that in Reason was possible.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

21 Feb 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
I'd give anything for the Softphonics crew to do a tutorial series on orchestra in Reason. Listen to the Sphere demo (included in Sphere). I never thought music like that in Reason was possible.
Have you watched the recent video released with Timbre in which an orchestral piece is put together using a few of their refills? It is really interesting to see it turn to something beautiful so quickly ...
The basses in Encore are perfect by the way so you wont have that issue. :thumbs_up:
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

kitekrazy

22 Feb 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
Have you watched the recent video released with Timbre in which an orchestral piece is put together using a few of their refills? It is really interesting to see it turn to something beautiful so quickly ...
The basses in Encore are perfect by the way so you wont have that issue. :thumbs_up:
Timbre must have escaped me because I was going to recommend they do a woodwind library. That's on my list.

• Information