Encore

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
kjo

20 Mar 2017

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Softphonics wrote:...
kjo wrote:Hello reason users.

I just downloaded encore for reason 9.2 and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here with these combinators.

I found that most of the combinators inside the keyswitch folder have this issue where the white keys (one octave below middle C and lower) don't play when you hit the key but rather on the release of the key. Can anyone confirm this or know what Im doing wrong?

I also noticed that the solo instrument patch has no sounds.
Yes I get the same issue, it looks like they have not setup the switchboard Mixer correctly, The Switchboard is looking across the whole range of the keyboard where as really it should be set to C0 to F0, if you set that then it works, but I agree this look like a mistake on their behalf..

The reason you can only hear on note off is because the keys solo the mix channels, when you release the key it un-solo's mix channels and hence you hear sound, the mix channels it solo's just below C2 don't have any audio going through them hence no sound.

Softphonics can you look into this, looks like all patches in the keyswitch are like this...

Come on guys.. really...Its user error, Their refills go through a serious amount of testing so asking softphonics to look into it is a bit silly and time wasting! And how many times have they said if anyone needs help to just shoot them an email rather than posting in non direct forums? I dont get it personally.

You need to hold down or draw in the midi note for C D E F to tell the combi which of the 4 sound emissions you want, not just press it once. and to switch of the tail end you mention just use the builtin switch gate! It works perfectly when you use it correctly..... :x

Thanks, thats what I needed to know, thats why I asked explicitely what I was doing wrong. Cheers!

kjo

20 Mar 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Softphonics wrote:...

I just downloaded encore for reason 9.2 and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong here with these combinators.

I found that most of the combinators inside the keyswitch folder have this issue where the white keys (one octave below middle C and lower) don't play when you hit the key but rather on the release of the key. Can anyone confirm this or know what Im doing wrong?

Yes I get the same issue, it looks like they have not setup the switchboard Mixer correctly, The Switchboard is looking across the whole range of the keyboard where as really it should be set to C0 to F0, if you set that then it works, but I agree this look like a mistake on their behalf..

The reason you can only hear on note off is because the keys solo the mix channels, when you release the key it un-solo's mix channels and hence you hear sound, the mix channels it solo's just below C2 don't have any audio going through them hence no sound.

Softphonics can you look into this, looks like all patches in the keyswitch are like this...
Thanks for confirming this. I really appreciate it, you helped me figure this out.

kjo

20 Mar 2017

IdoAudio wrote:

Your are just using it wrong. Have you read the manual,
I downloaded it here http://www.softphonics.com/user-manuals

Its awesome when you use it correctly! I love that they try new things with workflow considering the limitations imposed by Reason. Well done softphonics please keep it up
Suggesting that a developer is at fault when a user can't get a hold of something is more than a bit amatuer in fairness, think about it. you only have to read the reasontalk interview with softphonics to see the time and work that goes into these refills

Whoa dude, relax.

Sorry I'm not at your level to instantly understand these things. All of us at some point have to learn new technology. To say that I am somehow suggesting softphonics is at fault for anything is incorrect and honestly, quite presumptuous as I had asked what I was doing wrong in my own post (did u read it or did you just flip your top?) It is for the profit of all newbies to the softphonics combinators to learn this cool tech, even the most basic things. Nobody is infallible. Andrew himself also confirmed that the programming was such that the notes do in fact play on release if the keyswitch is not held, so chill out.

Here dude, take a break...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

kjo

20 Mar 2017

Softphonics wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
I understand that really you need to hold the key switches down on these devices but it does not help that not all the patches are not all setup the same. (you have some with switch gate enabled, some in solo and some in neither mode)

e.g. the "Cellos Multi Patch 1" I can load this patch and start playing (as it's neither in solo or switch gate mode so all samplers play) higher up the keyboard without using the key switches (you may say that I'm now not using this patch correctly), however like I said when you play below C2 you start to see issues as the keyboard range is effecting the switchboard mixer (again you can say I'm not using the patch as intended), if the range of keys used on the switchboard mixer are limited to C0-F0 then you don't see that issue and have another way to play the patches (You could also say by limiting the keyboard range for the switchboard to just the keys you really want is technically the correct way, yes I'm dotting my i's and crossing my T's here, personally if I do start to use the keyswitch patches more (as they are great fun and sounds)) this is what I will do).

Regards...

Hey Carly,
Honestly we set up different patches in different ways, but we would expect different users to set the buttons up to suit their own needs, this is something we can not pre judge in all honesty, But look you can always shoot me an email about anything Ill always help. Reason is not built for keyswitching using stock devices, so we work with the tools provided, 99% of people love the concept. I would assume some automation, and some editing is to be expected with anything complicated musically.

Take care
You should put a note for those who use a smaller controller, ie 25 key, 41, etc... so that they know this. The documentation is so skimpy and weak, anyone who uses a smaller controller will be at a loss to understand what you've done here with encore.

So basically, you cant use keyswitching unless you have a full-scale midi controller, do you not think this is an important factor for prospective buyers.
Last edited by kjo on 19 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Softphonics

10 Apr 2017

Hi all,

EncoRe https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/encore/
&
StructuRe https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/structure/

Now available via Propellerhead for those who were waiting :)

Have a good week
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

ltbrunt00

10 Apr 2017

I brought this yesterday from the softphonics site for 41 bucks. I would have without a thought paid 55 dollars for this if it would have popped up on the PH site last week.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

10 Apr 2017

I will probably pick structure up on Friday. Thank you Softphonics for filling orchestral instrument gap in reason. I hope you get a chance to make many more of these.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information