Reds Reason Live Guitar Rack

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Redster

06 Feb 2017

Hello!

RRLGR has been upgraded to Version 2.0 with the release of Reason 9.5 and now uses Scuffham S-gear 2 in place of the Kuassa Amps. Also completed a major rework of the internal effects parameters. I have spent a lot of time on this through the beta and its better than ever - happy days. Change Log below and link below. I am over the moon with this little beast and I hope someone finds this useful.

Cheers!

Red

PS: 1.61 with no VST is still available from below, but as far as I am concerned is now obsolete.

Over and Out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a live performance guitar multi-effects rack designed for use with touch screen Windows 10 Tablets and MIDI footswitches such as the Line 6 FBV Shortboard Mk 2 :)

Read the instruction Manual Here (V1.6):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vis9ijgjtiaa5 ... 6.pdf?dl=0

Download the Version 2.0 (VST) package here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb8qzttvhhflf ... 2.zip?dl=0

or download the R1.6 (No VST) package by clicking here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2cmsrxrll48l ... 6.zip?dl=0

For RRLGR V2.0 you require the following:
1. Selig Gain – This provides gain input and output monitoring and control for each Combinator stage.
2. Aftermath Audio CV8x4 CV Generator – This provides CV across the devices for routing foot controller to Wah, Volume, Tremolo (free from the prop shop).
3. Kuassa Efektor pack – providing Noise Gate and the three distortion units.
4. Kilohearts Filter, Chorus, Delay and Limiter (can be bought separately from the Kilohearts pack)
5. Polar
6. Softube Saturation Knob (free from the Prop Shop)
7. Scuffham S-Gear 2 VST.
8. Reason 9.5

For RRLGR V1.61 you will require the following Rack Extensions;
1. Selig Gain – This provides gain input and output monitoring and control for each Combinator stage.
2. Aftermath Audio CV8x4 CV Generator – This provides CV across the devices for routing foot controller to Wah, Volume, Tremolo and Pitch Bend.
4. Kilohearts Filter, Chorus, Delay and Limiter (can be bought separately from the Kilohearts pack)
5. Kuassa Crème and Vermilion.
6. Polar
7. Reason 9+

Changelog:

UPDATED VERSION 2.0
Change Log
- Replaced Kuassa Amps with 2 instances of S-Gear 2
- High Gain signal path via the Stealer
- Clean and Overdrive Signal Path via the Duke.
- AMP Distortion, Boost and Drive switches now optimal on the Amp stack.
- Final Gain Meters added last of all - always open for final gain monitoring.
- Low Cut, Hi Boost, Hi Cut and Tape Saturation added to the main audio channel for final tone control (Tape uses Softube Saturation Knob - which is free from the prop shop).
- Major rework of nearly every parameter for tuning the rack to the Scuffham Amps.
- Removed add 5th and Pitch bend (this is mostly for CPU overhead reasons on the Surface Pro, also because i was not using them)
- Re-Addressed all footswitch controllers to accommodate AMP controls.

UPDATED VERSION 1.6 FINAL
Change Log
- Combined the external and internal version into 1.6, meaning you can switch between Creme, Vermilion and any external VST at will.
- Added AMP EXT switch which redirects the signal through the external channel and then back in for post processing.
- (AMP Stack) Balance between Creme and Vermilion using the programmer has been made to make switching sweeter and allow more balanced dual control using the Amp Stack rotaries.
- (AMP Stack) Provided additional tone control POST Creme and Vermilion to allow tone shaping to match external Amplifiers. Creme and Vermilion hold up surprisingly well against S-Gear and Amplitube for their price. Kuassa are underselling themselves ;)
- (Wah/Vol/Drive Stack) Tweaked base values of the input Low and High Trim to make them more responsive.
- (Wah/Vol/Drive Stack) Fully balanced three distortion effects
- (Wah/Vol/Drive Stack) Final Wah tweakeing in programmer.
- (Chorus/Delay/Reverb Stack) Fine tuned Reverb final and dry/wet base settings.
- (Chorus/Delay/Reverb Stack) Fine tuned Chorus.
- (Chorus/Delay/Reverb Stack) Fine tuned Delay.
- (Guitar Rig Channel) inserted limiter as last in chain as PA protection (should not kick in)
- (General) Adjusted signal gains through the entire system.
- (General) Adjusted Tone through the entire system.
- (General) Set base values for Final EQ

UPDATED VERSION 1.5
Change Log
- Added NEW EXTERNAL VERSION removing Kuassa AMPs for using as Pre Multi-effects and Reverb Post for any amplifier via an appropriate audio interface. I personally use it to Pre and Post effect Scuffham S-Gear 2 using a Babyface Pro loopback function, but equally you could use any VST effect that supports standalone or with an appropriate host such as energyXT or BlueCats PatchWork or indeed, your own amplifier if you wish.

All other changes in 1.5 have been copied across both versions as follows:

- Split out Chorus to seperate Combinator and placed reverb and delay in that combi. Provided controls for Chorus bypass, Chorus depth, Delay Feeedback, Delay Time and Reverb Wet/Dry. NOTE: Reverb is POST Amplifier - this means the audio stream is slung about between different combinators - I have done this to keep all the buttons on one tablet/laptop screen, and thats one of the reasons RRLGR is presented as a song file. Please see the 1.5 user manual for more details.
- Wah/Vol Stack - Adjusted and balanced input high and low trim pre-wah/volume for tuning the stack to different guitars.
- Wah/Vol Stack - Fine Tuned Wah effect.
- Wah/Vol Stack - Tuned each drive effect to balance in and out levels and to balance tone of each across the stack.
- Pitch Trem Stack - Removed Chorus (it didn't have a button! DOH!)
- General balancing across the stack, tweaking and tuning. Cleaned up some of the low end problems in previous versions.

Note: V1.6 will allow switching between Kuassa Creme, Vermilion and an external VST/AMP, combining the two models.

UPDATED VERSION 1.1:
Change Log:
- Added Hi and Low input EQ trim to combinator 1, just after the Noise Gate. This is now controlled with rotary 3 and 4 on the Vol/Wah/Drive Stack.
- Corrected EQ on the track to Output - this is the last effect in the line.
- Added another Selig Gain to the Output chain providing always open numerical output monitoring.
- Altered the channel signal path to place the rack before the channel EQ and Compressor. Reorganised the screen set accordingly.
Last edited by Redster on 29 May 2017, edited 61 times in total.

moneykube

06 Feb 2017

thanks.... so line 6 amps are used in this patch?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jfrichards

06 Feb 2017

moneykube wrote:.... so line 6 amps are used in this patch?
Doesn't look like it. I see Vermilion, Creme, Gain, OD3603, FZ3603, DS3603, KHS Filter, and Polar. Everything else is stock or free. Lots of good work on the Combinators.

Redster

06 Feb 2017

No Line 6 amps, its was built with Reason 9.

For the RRLGR to work as intended you will require the following Rack Extensions;
2. Aftermath Audio CV8x4 CV Generator – This provides CV across the devices for routing foot controller to Wah, Volume, Tremolo and Pitch Bend.
5. Kuassa Crème and Vermilion.
6. Polar

[edit] added Polar [/edit]
Last edited by Redster on 08 Feb 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Redster

06 Feb 2017

Is Polar not a stock device?

I may have got Polar via an upgrade deal...

moneykube

06 Feb 2017

wonderful... I'm using 9... got a few of the racks needed... so perhaps some aspects will work for me... thank-you
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

teddymcw

06 Feb 2017

Redster wrote:Is Polar not a stock device?

I may have got Polar via an upgrade deal...

Polar isn't stock. Pulsar is in R9 however, just saying since it does get confused now and again.

Redster

08 Feb 2017

Updated to R 1.1. Changelog in OP.

I have injured my index finger on my right hand so playing guitar is out of the question for a while, so it looks as though this will be getting a lot of love over the coming days... Will update the manual later (struggling to type...)

Redster

15 Feb 2017

Updated to V1.5. Lots of changes, many minor tweaks and balancing plus new EXTERNAL version. See manual for more information.

Updated OP with some of the major changes.

Redster

20 Feb 2017

1.6 coming soon...
Last edited by Redster on 21 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

20 Feb 2017

I'm not at home atm but will be in 3 hrs. I will look forward to downloading this and having a play with it. Nice one.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jfrichards

20 Feb 2017

Hi Red, try this skin:
Attachments
COMBINATOR SKIN redster.jpg
COMBINATOR SKIN redster.jpg (104.94 KiB) Viewed 4197 times

Redster

20 Feb 2017

Haha Thanks JFR. I've been looking into skinning it - that helps a lot cheers :)

I have worked through the entire rack many times since 1.5, made some tone and useability changes and combined the external and internal version. With Creme, Vermilion and the external AMP switch with S-Gear running, its pretty much maxing out the Surface Pro 4 at low latency now so I think the next release will be the final version. I am just working through balancing the Kuassa Amplifiers now. Will release in a couple of days.

Red

Redster

21 Feb 2017

1.6 and the final version has been updated, uploaded and the final manual written up. See OP.

Thanks again for the skin jfrichards. I used it as a base but went all chrome....

BUT: I am working on a Stock device only version of this system which will be amended to this post soon(tm)...

teddymcw

22 Feb 2017

Wow, thank you so much for this work Red, and you're logo on the skins really do look sick!

Hope you're finger is on the mend as well. I had a guitar buddy nearly lose one of his in a window accident, it was bad.

Redster

22 Feb 2017

Thanks for asking. Finger is healing up now but using a pick is still a bit of an issue.

I hope you find this useful. I have spent a lot of time on this on the run up to the first release and many more hours working it up to 1.6. It works for me now and I am using it in most situations :)

The stock multi-effects unit is starting to come along now, which should interest others who don't have the required Rack Extensions :)

Redster

22 Feb 2017

BUG REPORT: I made a cock up on the final 1.6 version. Package now contains a R1.61 to correct an error with the output EQ and the POST reverb.

Ooops.

Aquila

05 Mar 2017

Are there any samples to listen to?

Redster

06 Mar 2017

...erm... OK. I have quickly jammed a few riffs using various settings, please bear in mind my main picking finger is a bit knackered still so my playing is a bit off...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/786 ... 20test.mp3

1. Under the Bridge Outro - clean, stamp overdrive and engage wah then drop into...
2. Voodoo Chile Wah straight into...
3. Purple Haze Wah... Stamp the distortion pedal and slide to...
4. Enter Sandman riff (embellished but struggling with finger), edit cut into...
5. Pearl Jam Jeremy with volume pedal rocker movement into...
6. Minor strumming in a Pulp Fiction stylie demonstrating tremolo effect modulation with the rocker pedal... (that click is the distortion unit being disengaged :( )
7. 5th "chinese riff"
8. Messing with pitch bend (which by the way is bi-polar but that's not in the manual ;) )then...
9. Bit of picked Pink Floyd with the delay.

This is only using the Kuassa Amp settings.

I really should do this properly I guess! lol

mbfrancis

07 Mar 2017

Wow, thanks for doing this. I realized the other week why we don't have something as rich as the Guitar Rig presets in reason -- it's because everyone would need to have the basis of effects and amps like you have here...can't do a ton of rich presets if we don't have the same REs. I would buy the Kuassa distortions in a bundle...I loved the overdrive when I trialed.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Redster

17 Mar 2017

Updated all the links due to Dropbox dropping the Public Folder. Cant get the image to work... Stupid Interwebs...

Redster

29 May 2017

Added Version 2.0 which enhances the RRLGR using Reason 9.5 by bringing in Scuffham S-Gear VST natively :) hooray!

Redster

30 May 2017

Here's a small track using RRLGR as an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk1bnrfa1iy8t ... 1.mp3?dl=0

• Information