120 custom wavetables for Expanse (ReasonTalk exclusive!)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
WongoTheSane

05 Feb 2017

Here are 120 custom-made smooth semi-random generated wavetables for Expanse:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9kh69fcguqvc ... e.zip?dl=0

Total file size: 216 Mb.

They all use the full 256 frames. You can either use them raw, or with Crossfade/Spectral Morph enabled. All are normalized. By "smooth", I mean that you can move (or modulate) the Position knob without any click or sudden jumps (as opposed to the wavetables which are collections of different waveforms, like the VSWaves in Expanse). Check the video below if this isn't clear.

There are 10 variations of each different shape. The shapes are:

- Splines: kinda like irregular sines. Comes in 4, 8 and 16 divisions.
- Triangles: fixed-width triangles. Comes in 4, 8 and 16 divisions.
- Moving Triangles: triangles whose width changes over time. Comes in 3, 7 and 11 divisions.
- Saws: saws. Comes in 3, 7 and 11 divisions.

Here is a video showing them as they are generated:

Provided as wav files (instead of a Refill) so you can keep only those you use and not clog your HD with the full pack. Obviously, you need Expanse to use them, but chances are they work with Proton as well. Being wavs, you can also use them as samples anywhere.

Only available on ReasonTalk, until someone rips them and posts them somewhere else :lol:

Have fun!

MassiveSoundStudios

06 Feb 2017

Wow! Thanks Wongo :D I'm going to download these first thing when I'm back in the studio.

By the way, what is this visualization software you're using? It looks really interesting!

Jan 2004

WongoTheSane

06 Feb 2017

MassiveSoundStudios wrote:Wow! Thanks Wongo :D I'm going to download these first thing when I'm back in the studio.

By the way, what is this visualization software you're using? It looks really interesting!
You're welcome Massive! I coded it myself to make sure my calculations were correct. It's nothing fancy really, I just plot the waveform values on a graphic surface while sweeping through a rainbow color table...

olive6741

06 Feb 2017

Downloaded. Thanks a lot!

Olivier

littlejam

09 Feb 2017

hello Wongo,

thanks for the gift
looking forward to using these
getting proton later today
also: nice visualization software

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

WongoTheSane

09 Feb 2017

You're welcome guys!

• Information