Thor Wavetables for Expanse 2.0

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
VHS

27 Jan 2017

I link, they delete.
[Link removed]
Last edited by VHS on 28 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Exowildebeest

27 Jan 2017

It's only been a few days and already my new wavetable folder contains enough to last until the end of time :D

Karim
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2017

thank you!

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

16BitBear

28 Jan 2017

VHS wrote:Let me save you 5 minutes

Awesome. Thanks for this! :thumbs_up:

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Jan 2017

We're going to have to remove the link, since Thor isn't available for Reason Essentials owners.

Sorry!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2017

Kenni wrote:We're going to have to remove the link, since Thor isn't available for Reason Essentials owners.

Sorry!
But why remove the link? A sample is just a sample. Those wavetables in Thor are taken from the PPG. We're all building on the past here including the Props.

VHS

28 Jan 2017

I should probably not upload these malstrom wavetables then, eh?

Exowildebeest

28 Jan 2017

Kenni wrote:We're going to have to remove the link, since Thor isn't available for Reason Essentials owners.

Sorry!
Oh come on, you've got to be kidding.

eXode

28 Jan 2017

VHS wrote:I should probably not upload these malstrom wavetables then, eh?
No.

Some of these wavetables (including Thor, etc) are still under copyright and likely licensed, so you are not allowed to share them. It's that simple.

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2017

Huh? If I sample a Minimoog I am harming someone's copyright?

Exowildebeest

28 Jan 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Huh? If I sample a Minimoog I am harming someone's copyright?
Wavetables and sampler/sample based synths are different from analog synths, somehow, according to the laws, because... laws.

Don't ask me to explain it technically, judicially or philosophically...

Exode is right. But it is also my firmly held belief that it is okay to be naughty sometimes.

Just google "free Serum wavetables" and enjoy, amongst others, Animoog and Access Virus.

Marco Raaphorst

28 Jan 2017

Weird. They ask their own users to give up all their rigths on Allihopa. Not fair if I compare it to this (making a few samples using Reason's own synth)

Exowildebeest

28 Jan 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Weird. They ask their own users to give up all their rigths on Allihopa. Not fair if I compare it to this (making a few samples using Reason's own synth)
Note that Kenni acted without stating who's decision it was. He said "we" though.

I was hoping for a PH employee to come here and say "Hey, it's fine", but as Exode pointed out, that's unlikely if they've licenced wavetables (PPG?). If they made them all themselves, that would be a different story, they could be fine with it, they're not that evil.

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Jan 2017

I ment we as in reasontalk.

I'm not doing this to be a douche, I even think it's perfectly fine regardless of what's allowed to share those wavetables if I have to be completely honest, but since we're running a website and a forum that both users, current and future re developers, vst developers and propellerhead employees frequent, I can't really take any chances.

I don't even know if it's allowed to share those Thor wavetables, but on the other hand I can only defend them being shared if I know for a fact they're cleared. I can't risk us being regarded as a Warez forum.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Loque

28 Jan 2017

Sharing a one note sample on Alihoopa is ok imho. We than can build on this...
Reason12, Win10

eXode

28 Jan 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Huh? If I sample a Minimoog I am harming someone's copyright?
Marco Raaphorst wrote:Weird. They ask their own users to give up all their rigths on Allihopa. Not fair if I compare it to this (making a few samples using Reason's own synth)
It's not about sampling a Minimoog or about asking their users to give up their rights. It's not about YOU making a few samples using Reason's own synths either. It's about SHARING said samples/tables.

Many wavetables are licensed from a third party (this is not unique for propellerhead, many VST developers do this as well). In other words, they are not propellerhead's to "give away" in the first place.

VHS

28 Jan 2017

Well... this is all quite sad, can't say I'm not disappointed. I meant no harm. But who really gives a shit.
Why is this thread open? It was meant to provide a link. The link is gone, the thread should be gone.
eXode wrote:
It's not about sampling a Minimoog or about asking their users to give up their rights. It's not about YOU making a few samples using Reason's own synths either. It's about SHARING said samples/tables.

Many wavetables are licensed from a third party (this is not unique for propellerhead, many VST developers do this as well). In other words, they are not propellerhead's to "give away" in the first place.
Can I please get a peak filter in expanse?......PLEEEEEEEASE?

eXode

28 Jan 2017

VHS wrote:Well... this is all quite sad, can't say I'm not disappointed. I meant no harm. But who really gives a shit.
Why is this thread open? It was meant to provide a link. The link is gone, the thread should be gone.
Don't take it too harshly, I know you meant no harm. Just clarifying for other users why it's a problem. :)

VHS

28 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:
VHS wrote:Well... this is all quite sad, can't say I'm not disappointed. I meant no harm. But who really gives a shit.
Don't take it too harshly, I know you meant no harm. Just clarifying for other users why it's a problem. :)
For sure, no worries. Ill think before posting in the future. Now about that peak filter...? :puf_bigsmile:

eXode

28 Jan 2017

VHS wrote:Now about that peak filter...? :puf_bigsmile:
Absolutely no promises but I've written it down as a request. However there are no updates planned in the near future so literally: Don't get your hopes up. :|

scratchnsnifff

29 Jan 2017

I was wondering why my post got taken down lol I totally understand though, and idk where but there are some ppg. Samples online for free idk which pack because iv found literally thousands so far, I also blight virtual riots sample pack and it's crazy when you can make gigantic layered growls using samples :D so much love for blamsoft/exode I wonder if blamsoft/exode will either make or sell wavetables hell id buy em just to support
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

29 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:
Absolutely no promises but I've written it down as a request. However there are no updates planned in the near future so literally: Don't get your hopes up. :|
Part of the polymodular setup, or is that a phase filter? Can't remember atm, using an eq like the GQ by synapse you generally can recreate filter slopes of all sorts are there any visual displays of this so called peak filter?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

VHS

29 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
eXode wrote:
Part of the polymodular setup, or is that a phase filter? Can't remember atm, using an eq like the GQ by synapse you generally can recreate filter slopes of all sorts are there any visual displays of this so called peak filter?
I just use Etch red, or Thor's, or the mid in Expanses EQ depending on the circumstances. Unfortunately, I bypass most of Expanses FX section because of stuff like this, which is why I asked. :puf_smile:

VHS

29 Jan 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote: I also blight virtual riots sample pack and it's crazy when you can make gigantic layered growls using samples :D

If I remember correctly, Virtual riot uses percussion samples as wavetables a lot, so don't forget to try just throwing random sounds into expanse. I actually haven't even used any of the wavetables I've made or collected, just been screwing around with animal samples. :puf_smile:

Marco Raaphorst

30 Jan 2017

eXode wrote:

But you can sample a Minimoog and share them, right? I don't understand why you can't sample a PPG, or any soft-synth. Why is copyright more restricted for wavetable synths?

If you sample Music, sure, there copyright law protecting you, but on sounds coming straight from an oscillator? I didn't know. Do you have any sources?

• Information